Wiki Posts
Search

[B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dunus
Hi guys

Some of you whom have met me, may realize that I never go onto the high platform together with you... haha! I dare not race with you guys, my skill sucks...When you are not around and I am running the car myself, I always have to run up and down the platform to pick up my runaway or upsidedown car, haha! this work-out is worst than RT, haha!
Sounds like me driving! I bet we'll have a great time lol
Old 02-14-2012, 06:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by holeinone
I like your long posting. Am also someone who used to play RC when I was young, gave it up and returned to the hobby few years ago. I have been loving it since but what's getting worse is the fast disappearance of the few tracks that we have. Very sad.
Very true indeed. Bro, dun give up the hobby...this hobby is dying in Singapore so we need to make it grow. Only with more people in this hobby, we could do something collectively. The govt then could not ignore the needs of such "sports", perhaps building a proper track for us can be a reality.

At this moment, we should treasure the opportunity to be able to play at DIOT. Just need to treat the track users and the track with respect, contribute a small part to it one way or another within our means. I think with this in mind, the track could last a long long time and benefit many people.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys

I have the rare privilege to be introduced to the DIOT when it just started. I sincerely treasure the opportunity given to be able to play on one of the last tracks in Singapore. I have met some of you guys on track a few times and you are all very friendly... somehow I always feel that people running off-road cars are friendlier than the on-road guys, dunno why... Some of you whom have met me, may realize that I never go onto the high platform together with you... haha! I dare not race with you guys, my skill sucks...When you are not around and I am running the car myself, I always have to run up and down the platform to pick up my runaway or upsidedown car, haha! this work-out is worst than RT, haha!
What this guys said is very true as i also feel that playing on-road cars ppl are not so friendly than ppl playing off-road cars... that's is why i prefer playing off road..
Old 02-14-2012, 06:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by roychan69
Dear bros, everybody is welcome here, just ignore what Intelligent4 posted here and elsewhere.

Don't f#€¥ care him.
Hi Roy
Thank you once again for the assurance given by an old bird I believe majority of us take care of the track in one way or another. Because of my family commitment, I may not be able to avail myself physically to carry out improvement works to the track. But I always make it a point to keep the place tidy, clean up whatever mess/rubbish left behind by anybody, pick up ciggy butts and bring out any rubbish away from the track.

yes, bro intelligent4's postings can be at times quite discouraging... But I guess people have mood swing, probably he wrote those angry notes during those particular days of the month No hard feelings really, cheers and we race one day at track, ok?
Old 02-14-2012, 06:27 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by aspiremaniac
very true i dont like the idea of saying such things to people that came to love this hobby. as for me i started playing near 2mnths. and becoz of this im telling you i seriously gave up on track cars. like buggy n truggy
mainly coz my budget but if saying such stuff like "not contributing"
is really not nice thing to say. my type of person simple
you dont like the ppl playing just come up to their face and say ure not welcome
dont go beat around the bush.
If contributing such as house cleaning i bet we all can do it
here's an idea
maybe can put up some signage to clear up pit/docking/work area
buy some Huge Bag plastic trash bag and place it near a place.
like how u do in a Chalet. i saw u guys have a drawer and key why not stash the trash bag there buy bulk and place a box for donation to buy trash bag or other stuff seriously with this i think you can give ppl a chance to contribute
i mean c'mon how much this cost? less den $10 contributing $1-2 is enuf to stock up for following week. Cleanliness is main priority rite?
end of the day those who are leaving just go to the nearest table
and remind to clear up the place and help clear out the trash and thorw near defu lane 1 or 2.
this my idea to contribute i tell i you Sg is small why fight when can work things out like adults. im 24 i think those older den me shud noe.
Personal commitments can dont say. we all have out own. But when come to this put our heads together.

peace out i might be coming this sunday morning and ill do as what i said above to kick start a fresh healthy community.
Hi bro, dun give up the hobby. Lets do our small part in upkeeping the track. I think most people who use the track will be able to find information or update here in RC Tech. So maybe it is easier to keep all notices or update here instead of putting up notices at the track. Ultimately, this track is still on State Land and it is advisable to keep it as simple as we can in order not to arouse unnecessary attention.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:28 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mosta
What this guys said is very true as i also feel that playing on-road cars ppl are not so friendly than ppl playing off-road cars... that's is why i prefer playing off road..
Thanks bro many of my friends share the same feeling too
Old 02-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi guys

I have been a quiet observer for a very long time, observing the development of this hobby of rc in the last 20 years, observing the progress of this hobby in Singapore (or should I call it regress since our tracks in this small island is getting fewer and fewer), observing the people talking in the forums, etc etc etc...

BUT, this is not my point of discussion today. This is a small community, no point fighting here and there. We may as well concentrate our time in perfecting our driving skills. Make More Friends and no Foes - World Peace!
Welcum back 2 this wonderful hobby boss !.

I guess now we hv a 'oldest man' after the long MIAed HN boss 'older man' & me the 'old man'. Ok, let's not make a mountain out of a mole-hill & enjoy this hobby. Maybe Intelligent4 has not gotten over his great leader's passing & was too harsh in his post. It's just a small matter, so let's not sweat over it guys.

Originally Posted by aspiremaniac
here's an idea
maybe can put up some signage to clear up pit/docking/work area
buy some Huge Bag plastic trash bag and place it near a place.
like how u do in a Chalet. i saw u guys have a drawer and key why not stash the trash bag there buy bulk and place a box for donation to buy trash bag or other stuff seriously with this i think you can give ppl a chance to contribute
i mean c'mon how much this cost? less den $10 contributing
@aspire boss, thks 4 ur idea.

However, there r oredi 2 x 'PLS DO NOT LITTER' signs pasted on the gigantic pillars there, with a BIG black thrash bag tied 2 1 of the chair near the pillar as well. But as u know, it's not easy 2 implement rules in public places unless u r the authority, so we leave it 2 the Chinese saying 'automatic' fm all the kakis there loh. Worst 2 worst we pick up after them loh, which is the case most of the time. Unless we can implement this rule as posted previously - 'Offender will b sodomised !' loh

As 4 monetary contribution, it wld b on ad-hoc basis when quite a substantial amount is required 4 a project. Otherwise, things like nails & thrash bags r personal contribution by individual which r greatly appreciated.

Sori, forgot add this vid 2 defuse the tension. Enjoy :-

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Last edited by KK-racing; 02-14-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KK-racing

கவனத்தை ஈர்க்க பயன்படும் குறிப்பு சொல் தோழர்களே ஆங்கிலம் பயன்படுத்த மற்றும் வாயை மூடு !!!
난 U 노인 사랑
Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Initiate

Welcum back 2 this wonderful hobby boss !.

I guess now we hv a 'oldest man' after the long MIAed HN boss 'older man' & me the 'old man'. Ok, let's not make a mountain out of a mole-hill & enjoy this hobby. Maybe Intelligent4 has not gotten over his great leader's passing & was too harsh in his post. It's just a small matter, so let's not sweat over it guys.
Thanks KK, I am not the boss I may be old but actually I am young at heart lah.... I still get horny when a pretty woman walks pass me... Oops, I sounded more like a Dirty Old Man now, hahaha!!

Dun worry, I have no hard feeling with anyone... I am here to make more friends, cheers!
Old 02-14-2012, 06:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Hi Roy
Thank you once again for the assurance given by an old bird I believe majority of us take care of the track in one way or another. Because of my family commitment, I may not be able to avail myself physically to carry out improvement works to the track. But I always make it a point to keep the place tidy, clean up whatever mess/rubbish left behind by anybody, pick up ciggy butts and bring out any rubbish away from the track.

yes, bro intelligent4's postings can be at times quite discouraging... But I guess people have mood swing, probably he wrote those angry notes during those particular days of the month No hard feelings really, cheers and we race one day at track, ok?
You're always welcome here.
Sure, find a day we run together.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey bros,

Anyone of you bros who know any local guy who is good with spray painting RC body? Need to spray paint 3 bodies.

Rough design like one of JConcept design lor
Attached Thumbnails [B]DIOT (Defu Indoor Offroad Track)[/B]-0040__1_800px_concept.jpg  
Old 02-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

LOL... like the video man.

Welcum back 2 this wonderful hobby boss !. \
As 4 monetary contribution, it wld b on ad-hoc basis when quite a substantial amount is required 4 a project. Otherwise, things like nails & thrash bags r personal contribution by individual which r greatly appreciated.

Sori, forgot add this vid 2 defuse the tension. Enjoy :-

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:26 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by drstrangelove
Hey bros,

Anyone of you bros who know any local guy who is good with spray painting RC body? Need to spray paint 3 bodies.

Extremely difficult design I would say; very unlikely you can find someone to spray to what you want here; even if have the price he'll ask will be very expensive.

The spray design you want is like those in US, which fetch a high price.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey bros,

Hi Bro,
I always like to do spray painting car body more than assembling car kit, kekeke I have done quite a bit on my own cars as well as for my younger brother...

I almost wanted to volunteer myself to spray paint for you until I saw your requirement... wow, not easy... I think even if someone is willing to undertake the job for you, it will not be cheap...

Why dun you consider selecting a ready made body from Bitty Design? it may be easier and cheaper... the link is bittydesign.net
Old 02-14-2012, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Body skin is a better option. It can be custom-made to your design, here's the link:

http://www.google.com.sg/url?sa=t&rc...Qz4Bq_7FPfF_Gw

Hey bros,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.