Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Paging Marcos J. the super moderator...

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Paging Marcos J. the super moderator...

marcos,

i understand that rctech needs to make money and to protect their advertising clients and hence advertisements by local hobby shops are not allow unless they pay rctech. that's perfectly fine with me, people after all needs to eat...

i would like to know how this current moves will affect the RC hobby as a whole since so many of us buy our supplies through our LHS rather than those online shops that advertise here? by disallowing small non-paying LHS to advertise their products and services, imo rctech is moving backwards in promoting this wonderful hobby that so many of us are enjoying...

with all these moderation, what are the positive outcomes that will benefit the entire hobby which rctech is expecting?

thank you.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
marcos,

i understand that rctech needs to make money and to protect their advertising clients and hence advertisements by local hobby shops are not allow unless they pay rctech. that's perfectly fine with me, people after all needs to eat...

i would like to know how this current moves will affect the RC hobby as a whole since so many of us buy our supplies through our LHS rather than those online shops that advertise here? by disallowing small non-paying LHS to advertise their products and services, imo rctech is moving backwards in promoting this wonderful hobby that so many of us are enjoying...

with all these moderation, what are the positive outcomes that will benefit the entire hobby which rctech is expecting?

thank you.
I cant tell you where the hobby is heading, but I can tell you that if you want to advertise on rctech you need to contact IBrands
http://www.rctech.net/pages/advertising.php this is how IBrands can afford this wonderful forum that all of us get to use for FREE.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Master

Marcos,

Don't get me wrong. I have no intention to advertise, I am just voicing my concern as a fellow hobbyist...

Yes, I think most of us understand that we all use RCTECH for FREE and we are all visitors here. We stay if we like, we can leave if otherwise, rules are rules and I respect that.

My sincere wish is that the LHS can work out something with RCTECH that can benefit not just RCTECH or the LHS but the entire hobby as well... This is a chicken and egg, catch 22 kind of scenario if you know what I meant...

Thank you.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:28 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ganymede
Marcos,

Don't get me wrong. I have no intention to advertise, I am just voicing my concern as a fellow hobbyist...

Yes, I think most of us understand that we all use RCTECH for FREE and we are all visitors here. We stay if we like, we can leave if otherwise, rules are rules and I respect that.

My sincere wish is that the LHS can work out something with RCTECH that can benefit not just RCTECH or the LHS but the entire hobby as well... This is a chicken and egg, catch 22 kind of scenario if you know what I meant...

Thank you.
I think they are working on a commercial membership as soon as I find more info on it i will pass it on.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:26 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I think they are working on a commercial membership as soon as I find more info on it i will pass it on.
Thanks for the reply.

FYI, some of these small hobby shops are run by the same guys that we bash together during the weekend, they operate small shops deep inside a deserted mall basement or some even just trade from home to support their hobby. They are not some big corporation that has a big advertising budget and flashy online shop. I hope you all can work something out something that benefits the entire hobby rather than just one or two parties.

Thank you.
Old 09-09-2009, 10:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I think what marco's doin is right as a moderator.I think it's fair for those who are paying for their own advertisement.As for the small shops or online shops i m sure there are other ways to sell by building blogs or webbys.There are shops that i frequent as well.So far they seem ok about it because they hardly post items for sale here which they seem pretty cool about it.My 5 cents view on this topic.No offence to all small shops and online shops.
Old 09-09-2009, 11:01 PM
Super Moderator

Location: Singapore ̡͌ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡V
Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

Thanks guys for all your suggestions, as stated by Marcos.J, the RC Tech crew are working on a commercial membership and once we receive more details, we will inform you guys. As of now, i'm gonna close this thread until further notice to prevent a flame war. Cheers

Last edited by Funkymojo; 09-09-2009 at 11:19 PM.