Wiki Posts
Search

Racecraft @Bottle Tree Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 03:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I have a suggestion.

He could issue a daily pass, monthly pass for everyone to wear or something to hang on the transmitter. In that way, if someone does not pay track fees, he will stand out among the crowd without a pass.

At least those who could only play once or twice a month can still get a chance to play on the nice track. Hope BK will consider having daily passes again.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Sadly, it is very hard to come out with a win-win situation. I fully understand the rates BK has set, and its very hard to collect track fees on a daily basis.

However, I guess BK can come out with a monthly rates for students. Those with valid student passes and not those working adults and are still studying.

Afterall the RC scene is very small here, why make it smaller? so i am in favour for student rates. (No i am not a student)
Old 03-25-2009, 03:15 AM
Tech Initiate

Student rates are a pretty good idea... something like maybe $30 is probably affordable for students like me who have tight budgets.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:39 AM
Tech Initiate

i kinda support the student rate idea thou and maybe like what Arahawk mentioned, "different rates for different categories of people." i hope bk comes out with a good price draft on these feedbacks. cheers.

-aprila
Old 03-25-2009, 05:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by lore
I do not question about the monthly fees, everybody has his on opinion.

The only think I would like to say is that I personally agree in NOT having the daily rate. The issue is how you control it. In the previous track I saw myself many people come, play 2 or 3 batteries and go away without even go inside the shop and trust me they do not have a monthly subscription. Now if someone that just has paid his daily rate notice the same how you think he would feel.

The real problem is that you can’t control everybody in the same way that you can’t control if someone one day use the on road track and after a week use the off road one.

How you can control and manage that.

And i really and strongly in favour of supporting our local shop.

A lot of people come to practice every week than the go home and buy over internet or in another shop in Singapore (without track) just because that part maybe is 1 dollar cheaper..

You think that BK makes a leaving with the entree fees???

I really think that BK is the only one putting a lot of effor for us EP fanatic and for that i do respect him a lot instead of judge him.

Just my 2 cents…
You are right!! Well, there are always have such people taken the benefits for granted.

And it is impossible for BK to keep his 2 eyeballs stare on the track to see which ku-ku play 2 or 3 batteries and go.

If you don believe, please pay a visit to PA RCMC Track & see how many ku-ku there is not a RCMC member.

On the other hand. As I am really seldom play on track, maybe one or 2 month once. I hope there is a daily pass to cater to those hobbyist like me.

But as lore had mention, we have to respect him instead of judge him.

Maybe can make a daily pass for those daily players to put on.

Anyway, look from those available photo taken. It is a nice track.
Old 03-25-2009, 06:01 AM
Tech Initiate

Just dont understand why this track entrance fee is so much more than the other tracks in Singapore. Such as MARINE PARADE RCMC PA CAMPSITE ON-ROAD TRACK, 1st year only $120, and $80 for subsequent years.

For more info on other tracks:
http://members.fortunecity.com/nomexx/rc-tracks.html
Old 03-25-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

$70 per month? thats $840 a year... my road tax also not so high
Old 03-25-2009, 06:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

As sammz put it, as long as we dont hear it from BK, there is no point to get all excited.

I am sure (i hope!) there will be some kind of scheme to make it work for everyone - enforceable for BK and reasonable for everyone.

We must accept to pay a bit more than at Queenstown given the better facilities - that is pretty obvious and normal..
Old 03-25-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

Are we from the same school?.
Maybe we can go source for alternative track near our school.
Originally Posted by superlimau
hope there's another one ep track...
student like me, to pay $70 is alot to ask for...
Old 03-25-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I sincerely hope BK would consider the following;

1. Re-introduce daily pass of $10 per track, or $15 for use of all 3 tracks. Likewise, monthly pass of $50 per track or $80 for all 3 tracks.

2. Issue monthly or yearly season pass by means of members card. This card can be used for discounts on purchase at store or participating races. This added benefits to those willing a pre-paid fees model.

3. Device a daily wrist band, like those used for entrance to Escape themepark (it is called Tyvek Wrist Bands). It will be easy to police those that did not pay. While offenders maybe not be 'paiseh' to BK, he needs a very thick skinned to be standing on the driver stand with others noticing his naked wrist. This will be issued even for members on daily basis. So BK should be able to track who's membership has expired.

I guess if BK and his customers discuss this with an open mind, all will benefit as I believe long haul or sustainable business relationship is important.

Last edited by etino; 03-25-2009 at 07:30 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Dear fellow RC Members,

Why don't we stop posting on how good or not good the way BK is charging for the use of the track. The reason why we pick up this hobby is because we want to have fun and hopefully make some more new friends along the way. I only have 2 times a week to play my RC (work and family commitment) so using BK's track would not be feasible for me.

I've been to other race tracks in Singapore, and frankly speaking not much is devoted to EP drivers.

From the posting i've read, it's only a matter of time before this thread turns into a flaming war. Why don't we keep the thoughts to ourselves for the time being and i'm sure BK is trying his best to come out with a better plan to suit most of us. Also know that the track was completed recently and alot of other stuff are being done for the upcoming races, so i think BK hands must be tied at the moment. I've also seen his workers have to work thru day and night just to complete the track in time.

Let's wait for BK's reply ok?

Cheers
Andrew C
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mokwai
Are we from the same school?.
Maybe we can go source for alternative track near our school.
-

pm me for yr school...
For more info on other tracks:
members.fortunecity.com/nomexx/rc-tracks.html
this link is great for student like us...

$70 per month is too deep for my pocket.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

WOW.... seem to be alot of missile shooting around.

Well, guys....I think is best not to post anymore further on the rate.
We should let the boss come out with a better rate to suit each and
everyone....whether you are "BROAD BAND USER OR DIAL UP MODEM USER"

$70/month will scare ppl away. End up rather play at MSCP with cone.

Is best with hourly rate....fair for everyone.
Hotel 81 also got hourly rate....tat y can open until so many
all over singapore.

Last edited by Eric Cheng; 03-25-2009 at 09:13 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

And since $70 per month is only about $2.30 per day, why not charge $5 per day flat. That works out to even more for them if I play every single day. But if I only play 4 times a month, I only pay $20. And because of a reasonable daily rate, more people will get into RC, more people will play and buy their hop ups giving them more business. This is only logical. Many business make the mistake of introducing too harsh a subscription plan and lose out in the long run.
Old 03-25-2009, 12:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by glenny86
$70 per month? thats $840 a year... my road tax also not so high
$70 a month is only a monthly base price, it gets cheaper when u do a quarter yr, and cheaper on a 6mth based, and cheaper still on a yr based kinda fee.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.