Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
Any Ninja / RB / OS / REX / Sirio Engine recommendation? >

Any Ninja / RB / OS / REX / Sirio Engine recommendation?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any Ninja / RB / OS / REX / Sirio Engine recommendation?

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 04:56 AM
Tech Addict

Default Any Ninja / RB / OS / REX / Sirio Engine recommendation?

Can share your own/friends experience / news over here?

Looking for a 5 port engine - easy tuning process/more Engine power/can last for more races.

Thanks...
Old 03-07-2007, 05:09 AM
FT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Consider either RB or Ninja.

RB got the "KICK". Ninja got better power consistency through out a race, but not as punchy as RB. If you really want an engine that can give you super smooth power through out a race, Id say.. go Ninja.

Rex, not much experience, can't comment.

OS onroad engines, good enough. But not better than the above mentioned.
Although I have heard of a new line of OS engines coming out(or maybe came out) which can fight with RB and Ninja.
Old 03-07-2007, 06:11 AM
Tech Adept

I've got a 15 tank just run in RB C6BB and have a question. What will leaning the low end needle do? Right now, my car has quite alot of smoke when u punch the throttle but when its at full throttle, there's alot less smoke. When u punch the throttle too much, it kinda bogs a little at the lower to mid RPM. So I have to punch the throttle a few times sometimes to kinda clear away that "boggyness"...So my question is, am i running too rich? I recorded my car temp after a few long straight line runs and it was reading something like 84 degress celcius. Its fast already but then again, the temp reading is kinda low.... Should i lean it more?

And sorry for hijacking this thread....

Oh, and btw, the RB is a great engine. Idles well and gives loads of power....
Old 03-07-2007, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by razer123
I've got a 15 tank just run in RB C6BB and have a question. What will leaning the low end needle do? Right now, my car has quite alot of smoke when u punch the throttle but when its at full throttle, there's alot less smoke. When u punch the throttle too much, it kinda bogs a little at the lower to mid RPM. So I have to punch the throttle a few times sometimes to kinda clear away that "boggyness"...So my question is, am i running too rich? I recorded my car temp after a few long straight line runs and it was reading something like 84 degress celcius. Its fast already but then again, the temp reading is kinda low.... Should i lean it more?

lee, seems like u have not doing ur homework....there's a forum from RB...http://www.rbproducts.com/cgi-bin/ub...ultimatebb.cgi do ur search there ....you will learn more abt RB engine...learn it by tunning....RB engine needs to lean or richer it by 1/8 ....dun be greedy unless u know wat u r doing if not.....u will be visiting sam very soon...

If you are unsure whether to lean or rich? check ur temp of the engine...best temp would be ard 215°F to 235°F recommended by RB forum...

read the post and would help u in long run no matter what engine you are using....
Old 03-07-2007, 06:45 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JOHN TAN
Can share your own/friends experience / news over here?

Looking for a 5 port engine - easy tuning process/more Engine power/can last for more races.

Thanks...
waaa john looking for new engine already?? what happen to your's? gone already? or u wanted another faster engine to take part in the race? heehee
Old 03-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jimmyloh
lee, seems like u have not doing ur homework....there's a forum from RB...http://www.rbproducts.com/cgi-bin/ub...ultimatebb.cgi do ur search there ....you will learn more abt RB engine...learn it by tunning....RB engine needs to lean or richer it by 1/8 ....dun be greedy unless u know wat u r doing if not.....u will be visiting sam very soon...

If you are unsure whether to lean or rich? check ur temp of the engine...best temp would be ard 215°F to 235°F recommended by RB forum...

read the post and would help u in long run no matter what engine you are using....

Yeah, me did it bit by bit...The engine still seems a little rich but that is on the lower to mid RPM range...o.O
Old 03-07-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, me did it bit by bit...The engine still seems a little rich but that is on the lower to mid RPM range...o.O
then u try to lean ur LSN and re-run again see would it helps....i would suggest u to get ur engine running to certain temp b4 u touch ur LSN.
Old 03-07-2007, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

then u try to lean ur LSN and re-run again see would it helps....i would suggest u to get ur engine running to certain temp b4 u touch ur LSN.

Oh...Ok....btw, the engine seems to have alot of power at the mid to high rpm range. Like when the car is at medium speed, and u punch the throttle, can feel the instant response and sudden burst in speed. Kinda a little too fast to handle...
Old 03-07-2007, 08:10 AM
Tech Regular

Oh...Ok....btw, the engine seems to have alot of power at the mid to high rpm range. Like when the car is at medium speed, and u punch the throttle, can feel the instant response and sudden burst in speed. Kinda a little too fast to handle...
okie u r getting near to there...but watch ur temp too
Old 03-07-2007, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

I never got over 95 leh....dunno why...
Old 03-07-2007, 08:36 AM
FT
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I never got over 95 leh....dunno why...
The wonders of the C series.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by FT
The wonders of the C series.
....serious or not?? Lol...My average now is like 75.5.... Even after a few long high rpm runs...Or maybe the weather these few days are a little more cooling....
Old 03-07-2007, 09:28 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FT
Consider either RB or Ninja.

RB got the "KICK". Ninja got better power consistency through out a race, but not as punchy as RB. If you really want an engine that can give you super smooth power through out a race, Id say.. go Ninja.

Rex, not much experience, can't comment.

OS onroad engines, good enough. But not better than the above mentioned.
Although I have heard of a new line of OS engines coming out(or maybe came out) which can fight with RB and Ninja.
Thanks for the comparisons...actually the REX engine is from Nova...familiar now?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Is it for 1/10th touring car? .12 engine? sorry forget to state that...

btw currently my hyper engine is running at 85~90 degree this for the last 2 days around 8am...maybe it still cooling in the morning...used to be around 110 degree in the afternoon from 2pm-4pm at turfcity...
Old 03-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

waaa john looking for new engine already?? what happen to your's? gone already? or u wanted another faster engine to take part in the race? heehee
no la...try to get new engine to see what the diff from my hyper...it still give me the burst speed acceleration...while still consider rich in the low end as lot of smoke when I throttle it......will try it in later in the morning...Thanks Jimmy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.