Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Singapore R/C Racers
EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT) >

EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

EPMTs check in here. (a subsidiary of TNT)

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2004, 08:18 AM

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by hellangel
u guys still awake ar...

if u guys can wait a while longer... u'll be the first to see sumthing cool...

still uploading to rcpics... big file lah... i dun haf broadband at home

haha! I think I can guess what it may be.

I'll wait and see. going to fly my heli now... check when I get back.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:20 AM

Originally posted by Gasaraki
Forgot to mention it not even 3 step speed. it only run at one speed on or off.
That's the same one as ken's that he got from Rotorhobby.

How, heard it's quite fun. I wasn't impressed with the suspension though...
Old 12-23-2004, 08:31 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey, BC... one of my frens (kkyeo) is interested in getting a trex... how bout posting some info of it here...

i think he wants to know the start up cost...
Old 12-23-2004, 08:34 AM
Tech Champion

alrite... finally uploaded the file...

click me....
Old 12-23-2004, 08:53 AM

hey, BC... one of my frens (kkyeo) is interested in getting a trex... how bout posting some info of it here...

i think he wants to know the start up cost...
Is this the same kkyeo that I know? i.e. the one who bought my truck previously?

T-rex info? Sure! I jsut came back from another enjoyable flight... after fixing my tail problem and getting most of the waga-waga out of my blades I'm really enjoying this now. 1-2 packs a day.

Start-up cost... here's some info:

T-rex 450x kit - $270-299 ($299 at Jethobby but I think they are sold out)
Gyro - Futaba GY240 ($180) or GY401 ($230)
Servos - hitec HS-55 x4 ($100)
Brushless Motor & ESC - Align 400s 2800kv & 25amp ESC ($170)
6 Channel Receiver - Hitec Electron6 ($70)
Radio - Will need a radio capable of throttle and pitch mixing. I.e. a helicopter radio. I think these range from $350-800... low to high end.
Battery - Etec 3s 11.1 volt 1700mah cell ($80)
Lipo Charger - Apache2500 ($90)

All prices are estimates here...

So based on this you will be able to get flying for a startup cost of about $1.3k? It's quite a bit but almost everything is basically cost to get entry into this hobby - i.e. stuff that can be transferred from one heli to another should you ever upgrade.

Also, I saved a lot by hunting down second hand stuff like my Tx and Rx.

Non-financial investment cost = lots of patience and time to learn. I've been into this for months and I'm only hovering and doing some very basic moves. But the moment you achieve hover and start understanding how to control the heli the reward is priceless! haha!

Just think... with cars you control the vehicle on 1 plane... and the car only turns when going forward or backward. With a heli, you have a vehicle that can (and will) fly in any direction at any time... lol!
Old 12-23-2004, 08:56 AM

Here's a new Tx with channels and 8 model memory.

$399 before member discount.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:07 AM

And here's the receiver that I use.

$76.40 from Rotor before discount.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:13 AM

alrite... finally uploaded the file...

click me....
Dude that is WAY COOL!!!

glad you got everything working! What car is that mounted on?

Too bad no audio but it's very cool in itself. The buzzing makes it better than a silent movie altogether lah. You are right though... need to shield it from interference.

How heavy is the entire setup? Maybe can even try mounting on my T-rex and see how that hooks?
Old 12-23-2004, 09:15 AM

looks like we're almost reaching 450 pages.

Why am I up so late? Watching Godfather III. So cool.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:21 AM

probably might pick up one of these for my tail servo sometime... HS-56 with new karbonite gears (Superman cannot use this)
Old 12-23-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Champion

Location: founding member of THE "like to post BIG BIG pictures in the Off Topic, Special Interest Group".
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

time: 6am....been up since 4:30.....daughter's coughing like siao.....poor thing.

anywez.....BC:...FOOOOWAAAHHHHLAAANNNNNNOOOOEEEEII IIIII!!!!!!! so many money to get that bird up in the air??? damn!

hell: tried to DL that vid but cannot lah...have to wait to get into the office later...oh BTW...i'm bladdy working today....full bladdy day man........merry christmas to me man!!!!!
Old 12-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by BloodClod
Is this the same kkyeo that I know? i.e. the one who bought my truck previously?

T-rex info? Sure! I jsut came back from another enjoyable flight... after fixing my tail problem and getting most of the waga-waga out of my blades I'm really enjoying this now. 1-2 packs a day.

Start-up cost... here's some info:

T-rex 450x kit - $270-299 ($299 at Jethobby but I think they are sold out)
Gyro - Futaba GY240 ($180) or GY401 ($230)
Servos - hitec HS-55 x4 ($100)
Brushless Motor & ESC - Align 400s 2800kv & 25amp ESC ($170)
6 Channel Receiver - Hitec Electron6 ($70)
Radio - Will need a radio capable of throttle and pitch mixing. I.e. a helicopter radio. I think these range from $350-800... low to high end.
Battery - Etec 3s 11.1 volt 1700mah cell ($80)
Lipo Charger - Apache2500 ($90)

All prices are estimates here...

So based on this you will be able to get flying for a startup cost of about $1.3k? It's quite a bit but almost everything is basically cost to get entry into this hobby - i.e. stuff that can be transferred from one heli to another should you ever upgrade.

Also, I saved a lot by hunting down second hand stuff like my Tx and Rx.

Non-financial investment cost = lots of patience and time to learn. I've been into this for months and I'm only hovering and doing some very basic moves. But the moment you achieve hover and start understanding how to control the heli the reward is priceless! haha!

Just think... with cars you control the vehicle on 1 plane... and the car only turns when going forward or backward. With a heli, you have a vehicle that can (and will) fly in any direction at any time... lol!
Hi BC,

I am not the person who brought your truck.
Thanks for the info on Trex. It's surely a damn cool heli. Yes, i know there is a person selling Trex at $270.
Because i have nothing for RC flying, so definately startup cost will be high. But I am waiting to see if any of my colleagues will be no business trip to taipei. Heard the t rex is cheaper over there. Anyway, thanks for the info.
Hell, thanks for the intro.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:05 PM

Originally posted by overtki11
time: 6am....been up since 4:30.....daughter's coughing like siao.....poor thing.

anywez.....BC:...FOOOOWAAAHHHHLAAANNNNNNOOOOEEEEII IIIII!!!!!!! so many money to get that bird up in the air??? damn!

hell: tried to DL that vid but cannot lah...have to wait to get into the office later...oh BTW...i'm bladdy working today....full bladdy day man........merry christmas to me man!!!!!

yeah I know... up till that post I actually refused to add up everything. lol!

Still, it's part of getting into this new part of the RC hobby... and like I said it's startup cost. Now I fly both helis with one radio and can easily go into planes (if I ever wanna try) without much more investment.

Then again, the Taiwanese RTF micro helis are very cheap to get started in the hobby. $300-400 for complete sets. I think they are great for trying if you enjoy helis enough to stick around for longer. If you don't, you can re-sell them as it seems they fetch decent prices. If you do, then good luck... cos unfortunately not much of the electronics can be upgraded. That means a lot of $$$ to start getting better equipment.
Old 12-23-2004, 06:08 PM

My path to the dark side...

... started with RTF FP micro heli...
... bought second FP micro heli - frame only - with separate components so I can easily upgrade...
... went brushless...
... bought T-rex (which needs a brushless)...
... went lipo...

well... at least I took a few guys down with me. lol!
Old 12-23-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by BloodClod
Dude that is WAY COOL!!!

glad you got everything working! What car is that mounted on?

Too bad no audio but it's very cool in itself. The buzzing makes it better than a silent movie altogether lah. You are right though... need to shield it from interference.

How heavy is the entire setup? Maybe can even try mounting on my T-rex and see how that hooks?
actually there is audio... but i din plug it in yet... mounted the camera on my mini cooper body shell cos dat one is all trashed up and i didn't mind making extra holes in it...

would u believe i was just sitting in front of my computer and driving the car from there... like playing PC game...

everything is not quite the way i want it yet... the camera receiver runs of 12VDC so powering dat in the field is no problem... but the digital converter is powered by 5VDC... so i'm still trying to find a way to power dat in the field...

i also want to mount all the bits and pieces onto a wooden board... it will make packing and setting up a lot faster and easier....

the camera is about the same weight as the 9V batt dat powers it... so total weight is about 2 x 9V batts... dunno if dat will upset the balance in ur Trex...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.