Like Tree2Likes

1/10 RC RALLY

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by kkyeo
September 16, 2007
Colin McRae killed in helicopter crash
The motoring world is paying its respects to Colin McRae, who died in a helicopter crash near his Scottish home on Saturday.

McRae's five-year-old son Johnny, his son's friend Ben Porcelli and family friend Graeme Duncan also died in the accident just before 16:00 GMT.

Read Nick Trott's tribute to Colin

Read about Charlie Turner's day in Le Mans with Colin

In 1995, McRae became the first British driver to win the World Rally Championship. He went on to score 25 individual rally victories - a record beaten only by Carlos Sainz and current WRC contenders Sebastien Loeb and Marcus Gronholm.

The son of five-time British rally champion Jimmy McRae, Colin himself won the British rally title in 1991 and 1992. His first WRC victory came in 1993 in a Subaru Impreza.

And it was with Subaru that he won the WRC two years later, as well has helping the team to three consecutive world titles alongside team mate Sainz.

He was awarded an MBE in 1996, and continued to compete in the WRC until 2003. He set his individual victories record in 2002 in the Safari Rally of Kenya, which proved to be his last-ever win in the WRC.

Despite not competing in a full WRC season since 2004, Colin McRae was arguably the most famous rally driver in the world thanks in part to his computer game series.

He also became well-known in the USA after competing in the X-Games for Subaru as part of the first live televised American rally.

His fiercely determined, competitive and attacking driving style won him fans all over the world, including Valentino Rossi who dedicated his MotoGP victory yesterday to McRae.

"Colin McRae was very important for me," said Rossi. "He was one of my great idols when I was young."

More recently McRae was working on his own rally car project.

Tributes to Colin have been pouring in to the BBC website. Read a few of them here.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default a-arms

what did you guys use to cut the a-arms?i would like to know too.converted my TT-01,but wanna know how to cut that,so tat the arms can extend to their maximum..wanna get wider tires too,any recommendations anyone?can HPI 1:10 dish truck rims fit?
Old 10-30-2007, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by qks57™
what did you guys use to cut the a-arms?i would like to know too.converted my TT-01,but wanna know how to cut that,so tat the arms can extend to their maximum..wanna get wider tires too,any recommendations anyone?can HPI 1:10 dish truck rims fit?
i used penknife + wire cutter.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi there, thanks for being into rally too! Yupe, just use any pen knife to cut them. HPI dish wheels are nice, but then the problem will be the gearing for the spur and pinion, even 61/19 is too high..and then the problem of clearance for the front wheels...i have met with those problems...normal rally tires and TC wheels will do just fine for the TT-01.

Originally Posted by qks57™
Old 10-30-2007, 05:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default tt-01

hey guys, anyone out there ever tried to put brushless set into tt-01? thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Default gotten the message

thanks blueshark for replying!
now i know and understand.thanks man!all hail TT-01 rally!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

akan datang...wiring it up now...just started starting up my cold storage NiMH cells through my 17T.

Originally Posted by jun wen du
hey guys, anyone out there ever tried to put brushless set into tt-01? thanks
Old 10-31-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Regular

This is interesting. Drifting on dirt. Should be more exciting with all those dirt kicked up and bumpy surface compared to PVC.

Anybody has a rally TL01?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

yea..drifting on dirt is fun man..check out my videos...haven't ran a TL01 but i think its rallyable. so far the TT-01 is holding up to my abuse...even after jumping and turning turtle countless times..

Originally Posted by hermanchauw
This is interesting. Drifting on dirt. Should be more exciting with all those dirt kicked up and bumpy surface compared to PVC.

Anybody has a rally TL01?
Old 11-01-2007, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

What parts do i need to convert TL01-LA to TL01-B? Hehe, i am not so adventurous to kitbash my own parts.

Never mind. I think i'll just make it into a rally version, not buggy for now. One step at a time.

Btw, i just tested my car with super mini dampers and mini dampers (pairs each, not four). I find that the super minis give nice clearance and better range of motion in bound.

The minis (with large internal spacer and large external spacer, from TA03R rear suspension) have shorter range of motion in bound (reach bump stop sooner). At full extension,the ride height is too high that there is significant camber and track change.

Which damper should i get to make four pieces? I am thinking the super minis. Any opinion?

Last edited by hermanchauw; 11-02-2007 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (89%+)

Hi Blueshark,

nice work on theTT-01 rally version... im trying that out on my spare TT-01 and i just have one question...

whats the ideal gearing for the TT-01 using rally blocks and a mabuchi 540 stock motor? i just need a gearing thats quick enough but can last at least 6 to 7 minutes. im going to run a TT-01 on our rally class in the Philippines for our national championships...

thanks in advance for any info that might help.

cheers.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:08 PM
Tech Regular

After measuring and measuring, i think i'll settle for superminis.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:39 AM
Tech Master

hi,i'm using 24/58 for with a johnson's silvercan.works pretty well as there is slightly more torque than 25/55.you could go 25/55 if you want more speed.i'm on tamiya rally blocks as well,working very well,and with a 3300mah battery pack,i can last pretty long,up to 1 hour at times.

just my 2 cents.

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
Hi Blueshark,

nice work on theTT-01 rally version... im trying that out on my spare TT-01 and i just have one question...

whats the ideal gearing for the TT-01 using rally blocks and a mabuchi 540 stock motor? i just need a gearing thats quick enough but can last at least 6 to 7 minutes. im going to run a TT-01 on our rally class in the Philippines for our national championships...

cheers.
Old 11-03-2007, 01:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Default Inner shell

Oh yea, one more thing, it would be advisable to build your self an inner shell...to save your motor (if using normal brushed ones) and your aluminium shaft...like this..

or like this...from another website.. drink bottle!

Old 11-03-2007, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Tommi, 24 or 25 with 58 would work great using a stock motor. on GP3300s i can run for more than 15 mins so that should be good for your race. try using a battery with more punch to get better acceleration and watch your throttle when you corner..and after you land on a jump, don't keep the throttle running at full speed...i.e. when u lift off the ramp, let go of the throttle..if not, the spur might break or your pinion might shear the spur and gets broken too...that's the main weakness of the TT-01. other than that, its pretty bashable...and make an inner shell...with a fan though..so that your electronics can stay cool..

Originally Posted by Tommi Makkinen
Hi Blueshark,

cheers.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.