Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I was using 37/37.....like we all mentioned, it has very low tire wear. So even using 35s, it will still last you a WEEK of using. However, your car might be sticked to the track without a little "kick" that you should have....so 37 and 40s should be the default. And I might try 37 Front 40 Rear for more steering.

However, Eric mentioned the traction in the morning was not as good as we were experiencing in the afternoon....was that before the preparation of the track in the morning? Or that is because of the temperature differences..?

I have just uploaded a 4 minutes video of the 1/8th 3rd Qualifier....the 2nd Qualifier was the fastest track condition for the day....and the main was not too bad either....a good race between Walt and Dan for the 15 mins main. TC was a easy win by IRA....I was like 2 laps down after him. I will post the link after YOUTUBE uploading the file, hopefully sometime this month...

I have to add 1 thing....this track is perfect for 1/10th 200mm and 190mm electric (mod only...forget about 19T or stock...) Your car must have some major problem if you cannot get the setup right @ this track...even I was using the last year Mid West Series setup on my Anitque Serpent 705 and my car was DIALED (except I have to have a new engine...I thought I can push this enigne to the 3rd year....I guess not.)
Old 06-03-2007, 10:25 AM
Tech Champion

Here is the video....enjoy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ASyZP1gE5-s

BTW, John or Bernine...does LHR has yesterday full result including qualifier and main lap times posted online @ LHR forum....? Thanks.
Old 06-03-2007, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Howard- Thats for posting the clip. I was there today to get some laps in but the rains changed my plans. At least I got wheel time with the buggy. I'm planning on Wed practice and racing Saturday. See ya around.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by TeamCarnage
Howard- Thats for posting the clip. I was there today to get some laps in but the rains changed my plans. At least I got wheel time with the buggy. I'm planning on Wed practice and racing Saturday. See ya around.
Tell me about it (yesterday)....I was never watching the Weather Radar map that close and detail and decided to take my chance to drive 1 hour to the track.....Lucky for us, we had nothing but SUN and dark clouds....barely any rain for the whole day.

No matter what...this track is awesome and I will have to lay down more foams from my 1/10th and 1/8th before the Byron race...
Old 06-03-2007, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Wow! I wish I had stayed home and went to Leisure on Sat.! Mentor was one of the worst race days ever for me.
That is one fast track!
Old 06-03-2007, 06:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Saturday racing

Saturday was a fun raceday at LHR! The course has some challenges, a fast chicane which rewards you with slight oversteer if our setup isn't quite right. The layout allows passing in several sections and can be driven very fast.
We received a few sprinkles, no rain storms.
I did not measure my tires during the race day but tire wear was not noticeable. Car and body were pretty clean at the end of the raceday.

There was ample time to wrench and practice between rounds.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hey guys, I'm new to the Leisure Hours track but I will be racing in the Byron fuels race in 5 weeks. I will be coming up to practice in probably 2 weeks with my NTC3, but I was wondering if you guys had any set-up ideas for me. I've never seen the track or anything so I was just trying to get a head start.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Ron- Are you closed on Wed? I plan on a practice night after work. Sad to hear you guys got rained out.. See ya soon!
Old 06-04-2007, 07:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

I used pretty much the same mix I did the first week. but I didn't use as much. Cut it by a 1/3.
Spec class tire will be the Kyosho V- slick. I ran them on Saturday and Sunday about 10 tanks now and they don't shown much wear at all. The molding seam is still there and the traction is double the stock tire. I use the 55 compound. There is a softer and a harder compound to chose from. any one who would like to try mine just ask. These are going to be a lot of fun.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:32 AM
Tech Elite

Carnage,
i'm open on Wed's. I may change that, but for now I need every dime I can get! Am trying to come with a plan for Saturdays...
It is great to see that the traction is up and tire wear very low!! That makes it a lot more affordable to pratice.
I had 2 seasons worth of calamities befall me in one race day at Mentor! I completed only the first qual and my carb was falling off during that run! Got quite lean and wouldn't get out of it's own way. I pretty much guaranteed a rain-out Sunday, by getting everything working right! Got all my issues ironed out and was posting good laptimes in practice.
Old 06-04-2007, 08:37 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

This track is also great for electric cars. I tried my Tamiya 415MSX with
cs27's and the traction was pretty good. Hopefully we will have some electric racers this saturday.
Old 06-04-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Tire wear

I took pretty good notes on tire wear. I ran just under 1 hour of track time on Saturday with my 1/8th on-road car with 35 shore GQ foams.

After that one hour of track time, my tires were 1mm smaller in diameter than they started, with pretty much even wear all around (I did rotate my tires left to right about half way through the day, but I couldn't really tell if one side was wearing more than the other).

Now that is low tire wear.

On the pre-sealed track last year, I ran down 7mm of tire in 45 minutes. The TCs were having trouble making the 45 minute RC Pro Series main without a tire stop (in fact, I think Ira didn't make it last year, if memory serves).

Saving $35/week in tires more than makes up for $3.50/gallon gasoline to get to the track.

Leisure did their homework on the seal-coat and asphalt, and it's really paying off now.
Old 06-04-2007, 01:07 PM
Tech Elite

Holy crap!! That is unbelievable wear! I hope I don't have to run ORANGE wheels to get that kind of tire life.
I got to bring the 1/18 out there! It's probably faster than my 1/8 anyway..
Old 06-04-2007, 02:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Ok, I'm really p!$$ed I missed out on Saturday's opener. Stop showing me photos and videos to make it worse.

So who's up for this Saturday? Let's get some electric TCs out there!

I'm in for Mod Electric. I don't care if there is a tornado—I'm going to be there if I have to walk with my crap all the way to Toliet.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:12 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Solara
Here is the video....enjoy.
Howard? Did you have a video camera attached to your radio? It sounds like john the announcer is calling your car and it looks exactly like from the viewpoint of your radio.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.