+ 1
Old 02-02-2007, 10:01 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

+1 more!
Old 02-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Tech Regular

Default Last Practice

This weekend there is an Arizona State Series race at the Nitro Pit. From what I understand, this should be the last time anyone runs on the track until the Nitro Challenge.

Maifield is running the production Associated RC8 with Saxton and Coach as mechanic and engineer. Initial reports show them right on pace the first tank.

Can’t wait to get out there in a few weeks.
Old 02-02-2007, 02:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

new car looks good dude, i can't wait to fly past Cha-lee's a few times this summer

yours truly,
Random Indian Kid #47
Old 02-02-2007, 02:54 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 51
This weekend there is an Arizona State Series race at the Nitro Pit. From what I understand, this should be the last time anyone runs on the track until the Nitro Challenge.

Maifield is running the production Associated RC8 with Saxton and Coach as mechanic and engineer. Initial reports show them right on pace the first tank.

Can’t wait to get out there in a few weeks.
There will also be the return of "Wednesday Night Worlds" as we like to call it on Feb. 7th. This will be the last time anyone runs on the track before they put the new layout is in.

I will be there tomorrow!
Old 02-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Dude. This place is incredible. I came off the drivers' stand yesterday and gave one of the owners a big hug. The pits are clean and uncrowded, there's plenty of parking (that's within an easy distance of the pits), the driver's stand is big enough without being way too big, with a railing that's the right height for someone that's 5'10" (haha), and pit lane is easy on the cars, roomy, easy to see, and very pit-guy friendly.

The surrounding towns are nice and clean, with places to eat, grocery stores, everything. Phoenix isn't too far away that you can't go have fun in the "big" city. The complex that the track is in blows me away; the pit area has a nice view of the shut-down area of the drag strip (the cars that were running yesterday weren't messing around), the R/C flying field is behind the back straightaway, and there's a full size dirt oval in the distance. We got lost looking for the track and ran into the Motocross track. I was a kid in a candy store.

And the track is AWESOME. Maybe one of the best gas tracks I've ever driven on. I went through a half gallon of fuel yesterday and was sad that I had to leave.

Congratulations to everyone who helped put The Pit together, and a big "I'm jealous!" to everyone who lives closer than 5 1/2 hours from Wittman, AZ.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Dude. This place is incredible. I came off the drivers' stand yesterday and gave one of the owners a big hug. The pits are clean and uncrowded, there's plenty of parking (that's within an easy distance of the pits), the driver's stand is big enough without being way too big, with a railing that's the right height for someone that's 5'10" (haha), and pit lane is easy on the cars, roomy, easy to see, and very pit-guy friendly.

The surrounding towns are nice and clean, with places to eat, grocery stores, everything. Phoenix isn't too far away that you can't go have fun in the "big" city. The complex that the track is in blows me away; the pit area has a nice view of the shut-down area of the drag strip (the cars that were running yesterday weren't messing around), the R/C flying field is behind the back straightaway, and there's a full size dirt oval in the distance. We got lost looking for the track and ran into the Motocross track. I was a kid in a candy store.

And the track is AWESOME. Maybe one of the best gas tracks I've ever driven on. I went through a half gallon of fuel yesterday and was sad that I had to leave.

Congratulations to everyone who helped put The Pit together, and a big "I'm jealous!" to everyone who lives closer than 5 1/2 hours from Wittman, AZ.
I have been hearing the same thing from alot of people, maybe we can hold the worlds there???
Old 02-07-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Well, the 2008 Worlds have already been scheduled to be held at The Farm II in North Carolina. I think Lance and the Farm crew (the Farmers?) will do a great job with that race as they held a great 2006 Nationals and will host the 2007 Truck Nationals this year, giving them plenty of practice for this whole big race thing.

Let's hope The Pit gets to stick around for oh...eight years. 2016 IFMAR Worlds in the U.S.!
Old 02-08-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 147 (100%+)

I know, i just wanted it to be closer to cali so i can watch the worlds, North Carolina is kinda of a far to drive, oh well, next time............
Old 02-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Aaron Waldron
Well, the 2008 Worlds have already been scheduled to be held at The Farm II in North Carolina. I think Lance and the Farm crew (the Farmers?) will do a great job with that race as they held a great 2006 Nationals and will host the 2007 Truck Nationals this year, giving them plenty of practice for this whole big race thing.

Let's hope The Pit gets to stick around for oh...eight years. 2016 IFMAR Worlds in the U.S.!
The current 8th scale world champ Mark Pavidis said that The Nitro Pit is the 2nd best track in the world, the first is the track he got his world win at.
Old 02-08-2007, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

And I believe him!
Old 02-09-2007, 06:39 AM
Tech Initiate

The confirmed entry list for Nitro Challenge is below. Sign ups are still open if you're not in yet.

EDIT: Keep scrolling the new list is down there.

Last edited by AZRCaddict; 02-10-2007 at 06:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2007, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Still over a week left...ugh.

Someone tell the calendar to hurry up!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.