Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Hi TEM,
Are you sure you loaded the software twice? Kinda sounds like you got the "half version" when loaded only once.

I ran another improved version yesterday that went out to the team guys. It goes a little further for top speed, but the main improvement is exactly the midband throttle you mention - I saw that right away too, and we've got that corrected with the new stuff. Also corrected is the "only 6 options in the Supercharger punch" setting.

I'll be hitting the track tomorrow, and if all goes well we might be able to sneak it on here for the non-team guys as another semi-public beta.

I think I've mentioned this before, but this is just the "framework" for what we've got coming in the near future. Once it's stable and where we want it, then the real fun begins

cherry:
Extra efficiency? I'll never tell. Just one of the cool (pun intended) benefits of SP supercharger software.
Old 03-20-2010, 09:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Shawn, are the Marc Rheinhard edition mod motors available through King Golden? Or any of the other driver edition mods.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:01 PM
TEM
Tech Regular

Shawn,
That was a quick response! Thanks! I did load in the software twice. (it was brought up as an issue by someone else several pages ago on this thread). I also re-calibrated the radio every time I made a settings change with the settings card (pretty FAT for a "card"). There was another guy at the track testing the same thing and had the same result. Anyways, it's still early for the beta. I do look forward to future updates.

But in the future, could we get a sample settings set-up and FDR and motor info used by your official testers so we can get a closer baseline to start from? Would save a lot of time. I know you guys don't want us to burn something on first run but someone should know to temp frequently and use some due-diligence in testing these things! Anyone who empties a 5000mah lipo straight up on a unproven set-up DESERVES to burn something!

Somehow just feels the Tekin set up is more intuitive. RPM range for the boost and incremental increase for timing per units(chunks) of RPM within that boost range, additional increase in timing for throttle held for x seconds. Of course all that could be forgotten when the SP catches up. Perhaps the settings in SP "will" eventually do the same thing? or hopefully act more similarly.

I only get to go the the track a couple times a month these days. Will try loading the software in again when I get the chance to go. Hopefully by then there will be some new info/software (hint hint!)
Old 03-20-2010, 11:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default motors

Originally Posted by tandman
Shawn, are the Marc Rheinhard edition mod motors available through King Golden? Or any of the other driver edition mods.
yes the Driver edition Mods will be available through King Golden.

TEM the Software will only get better with more testing and when it does get available it will be easier to use. I can tell you I got the new edition of the software and you won't be dissappointed. There will be tested setups on motor and speedo settings on the King Golden site as it grows so then it will be a little easier like your asking for just be a little more time and you should be happy.
Jeremy
Old 03-21-2010, 02:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well anyone experienced lack of brakes after turning on supercharger? At our nationals yesterday I started with supercharger off and brakes were good, when I turned on supercharger - stage only 1 and other setting very conservative as well, I lost good ammount of brakes. After turning off supercharger, brakes stayed weak.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lochness42
Well anyone experienced lack of brakes after turning on supercharger? At our nationals yesterday I started with supercharger off and brakes were good, when I turned on supercharger - stage only 1 and other setting very conservative as well, I lost good ammount of brakes. After turning off supercharger, brakes stayed weak.
No loss of brakes here, had to dial down to 75%.

Try re calibrating.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:58 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by lochness42
we had this, turned on the reverse, set reverse to 100% and brakes are so good now have them set to 75%.
Old 03-21-2010, 08:33 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TEM

But in the future, could we get a sample settings set-up and FDR and motor info used by your official testers so we can get a closer baseline to start from? Would save a lot of time.
Hi TEM,
Please, no disrespect meant here at all, but this was put out as a completely brand new package. One of the goals (aside from dubugging and stability checks) was for the beta testers to come up with general starting points when the package moves to the public in a week or two. We can't drive every car on every track size and surface, so we take a look at all the beta testers setup sheets and draw up the recommendations for the public version from them. It's the beta guys' job to find what works best for them individually, and then we consolidate that into a guide for the public release.

Hi lochness,
I'll try to replicate that today, and then replicate the workaround from Cherry in order to let the engineers know where to look.

In the last 7 yrs of ESC software development and testing, I am continually amazed at the strange connections that pop up in software code. Change the throttle curve, and the brakes go away? Disable the LVC and the drag brake goes away? Set 100% brake strength and reverse doesn't work anymore? I've seen some strange stuff over the years, but luckily it's not only easily fixed, but usually ends up as another improvement down the road.
Old 03-21-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Hi TEM,
Please, no disrespect meant here at all, but this was put out as a completely brand new package. One of the goals (aside from dubugging and stability checks) was for the beta testers to come up with general starting points when the package moves to the public in a week or two. We can't drive every car on every track size and surface, so we take a look at all the beta testers setup sheets and draw up the recommendations for the public version from them. It's the beta guys' job to find what works best for them individually, and then we consolidate that into a guide for the public release.

Hi lochness,
I'll try to replicate that today, and then replicate the workaround from Cherry in order to let the engineers know where to look.

In the last 7 yrs of ESC software development and testing, I am continually amazed at the strange connections that pop up in software code. Change the throttle curve, and the brakes go away? Disable the LVC and the drag brake goes away? Set 100% brake strength and reverse doesn't work anymore? I've seen some strange stuff over the years, but luckily it's not only easily fixed, but usually ends up as another improvement down the road.
Hi Shawn

I try both 230 & 231 last night at a large track. both are powerful than 107 at straigh but poor at corner. my setting is

12-9
13-6
14-5
15-2
team powers 10.5T FDR at 6.9
temp 68C

how can I improve the corner speed(acce. rate?)

thank you very much
Old 03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by billbill4u
Hi Shawn

I try both 230 & 231 last night at a large track. both are powerful than 107 at straigh but poor at corner. my setting is

12-9
13-6
14-5
15-2
temp 68C

thank you very much
Hi just my tuppence but I would have thought that setting 15 was a little too aggressive on that, where do you have your DDRS and AMTS set also any Mechanical timing?
Old 03-21-2010, 09:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hi just my tuppence but I would have thought that setting 15 was a little too aggressive on that, where do you have your DDRS and AMTS set also any Mechanical timing?
Hi Cherry

I run zero Mechanical timing, DDRS-7 & AMTS-4, what do you think about my setting? is it better to run 15-6? I plan to try it again this wed, hope you can give me some opinion to improve my corner speed, thx!
Old 03-21-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Addict

Hi Cherry

I run zero Mechanical timing, DDRS-7 & AMTS-4, what do you think about my setting? is it better to run 15-6? I plan to try it again this wed, hope you can give me some opinion to improve my corner speed, thx!
How big is the track because at our club this was keeping up with the Tekins, and it was only my crappy driving slowing the car down at all..... even so gained a lap over what I normally get with 110.
We purposely started with everything set to minimums and have been gradually stepping the settings up one at a time.

Motor was warm enough to pick the car and carry it back to scrutineering by the motor, always a good guide to being cool, sorry but someone left the temp gauge turned on and I didn't have a spare 9v battery.

Old 03-21-2010, 11:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Shawn Palmer
Hi lochness,
Thanks Shawn, btw without supercharger and with weaker brakes I managed to get 2nd place in our 10.5t class on nationals.
Old 03-21-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Hi Shawn

12-9
13-6
14-5
15-2
temp 68C

thank you very much
Turn the DRRS up it will give more punch on the bottom.
Old 03-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
How big is the track because at our club this was keeping up with the Tekins, and it was only my crappy driving slowing the car down at all..... even so gained a lap over what I normally get with 110.
We purposely started with everything set to minimums and have been gradually stepping the settings up one at a time.

Motor was warm enough to pick the car and carry it back to scrutineering by the motor, always a good guide to being cool, sorry but someone left the temp gauge turned on and I didn't have a spare 9v battery.

My local track has 70m stright and many U turn, my best lap is faster compare with running 107 but overall is the same, and i feel the corner speed slower because all the other car can bite me(......).

Yes maybe the setting is ok just because I am not adapt it, let me try your setting again and report to you later. thank you for your opinion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.