KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

KO PROPO EX-10 Helios q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:01 PM
Tech Master

I guess, I read it wrong. So he is saying that it is not advisable to use other servos other than KO. So will Airtronics digi servos work?.lol. Anyone aside from KO STAFF?
Old 08-31-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Adept

I just want a answer.

You guys bring up a valid point, I am switching from Airtronics to KO. I have a ton of Air servos ( digital and alolog) I just want to know if my Airtronics digitals will work...

Is one digital the same as another digital??

I do beleive that the KO guy knows the answer, kinda frustrates me, considering I am spending $500 with his company. My next servo would more then most likly be Ko.

Aitronics sure needs a new radio, then I can use my airtronics and KO servos with it LOL
Old 08-31-2004, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

all digital servos are the same they work the same
Old 09-02-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Active Brake system

Can anyone tell me what the Active Brake System is on the Helios?

Thanks in advance.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Active Brake system

Originally posted by StewartFan20
Can anyone tell me what the Active Brake System is on the Helios?

Thanks in advance.
Active Brake System (ABS) creates a pulse in the brake to prevent the tires from locking up and can help in a quicker stop. Similar to the ABS on real cars.
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Addict

Default Another Question

Does the Helios have a way to adjust the drag brake via the transmitter? Or, is this a function of the speed controller only?

Thanks
Old 09-03-2004, 07:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default resolution

Hey KO Propo staff,

I recently drove a TC3 with a modified steering system that made the steering lightning quick. So I turned down the servo speed on the radio (never did that before) and that helped smooth out the cars steering.

But I wonder-what effect does turnng down the servo speed have on resolution? WIll this introduce not only a slower moving servo-but less information being sent-so less accuracy?

IN other words-is it OK to turn down the servo speed-or would it be wiser to change the gear in the servo to slow it down?

Thanks in advance for answering my weird question.

Ray
Old 09-03-2004, 08:37 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: resolution

Originally posted by rayhuang
Hey KO Propo staff,

I recently drove a TC3 with a modified steering system that made the steering lightning quick. So I turned down the servo speed on the radio (never did that before) and that helped smooth out the cars steering.

But I wonder-what effect does turnng down the servo speed have on resolution? WIll this introduce not only a slower moving servo-but less information being sent-so less accuracy?

IN other words-is it OK to turn down the servo speed-or would it be wiser to change the gear in the servo to slow it down?

Thanks in advance for answering my weird question.

Ray
Ray,
The info sent to the servo will be the same, but will have it respond slower in certain areas of the steering travel. This is more of a percise way of adjusting the "feeling" of the steering. If you look at pages 46 and 47 of the manual, it will give you a general veiw of how you are changing the speed.

You may want to try adjusting the steering curve for smoother transition in response. This is also known as the steering expo.

Either one you chose should get the job done, it is just a matter of preference on how you would like to approach it. Or you could try using a slower servo.
Old 09-16-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Hey guys,

I'm reviving this old thread hoping somebody will help.

just got my hands on an Helios, switching from an R1... I have 6 pairs of xtals from my JR (same freq band of course ) , will they work in the KO? From what I've seen in this thread, the official answer will be 'I would recommend KO xtals', but has anyone got a different view?

Thanks!
Later,
Paul
Old 09-16-2004, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

I've tried JR xrystals on Helios, doesn't work.

Dom
Old 09-16-2004, 09:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Lonestar
Hey guys,

I'm reviving this old thread hoping somebody will help.

just got my hands on an Helios, switching from an R1... I have 6 pairs of xtals from my JR (same freq band of course ) , will they work in the KO? From what I've seen in this thread, the official answer will be 'I would recommend KO xtals', but has anyone got a different view?

Thanks!
Later,
Paul
The only crystals that work with KO are FUTABA crystals, they are cheaper. But I only use them as back up. And recently I saw one of my team mates using KO Rx with an M8, but it does not work the other ay around.

Question:
I got this form RT, will these be aplicable to my Helios?
3093430917002,KO PROPO,500YEN,17002 ALUMINUM LIGHT WEIGHT GOLD SCREW

Thanks!!
Old 09-16-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have those on my Helios. There is 6 screws in the pack so it only covers the extension unit and 2 of the extension-to-radio-holes. But it's a big leap from the original black ones. Anyone who knows where i can get Blue screws and wheel for the Helios?
Old 09-16-2004, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anyone know if I can use the KR-302 receiver with my MARS LIMITED? It's not the R version. I was able to use the KR-301 but just making sure the KR-302 is okay.
Old 09-16-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sparx
I have those on my Helios. There is 6 screws in the pack so it only covers the extension unit and 2 of the extension-to-radio-holes. But it's a big leap from the original black ones. Anyone who knows where i can get Blue screws and wheel for the Helios?
GPM makes a real cool aluminum wheel in all sort of color, and they are a tad smaller compare to stock KO gold wheel. I got one when I went to Hong Kong in 2001 and unable to find out ever since (unless I make a trip oversea again). Dynamite makes alu wheels for KO in gold, red and blue, check www.horizonhobby.com and Stormer has them too.

As far as blue screws go.... Josh (Cyrul) uses purple alum screws, almost looks like the ones from his Trinity 1/12th days.

Dom
Old 09-16-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What servo you guys use for this tyype of radio i got a helios BUT dont have a servo yet still thinkin which one to get or which one is suit to the helios in my mind is 2343 thats about it i can think of can you guys give me some ideas which servo should i get?? I drive a 1/10th EP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.