Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2001, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TPhalen
The new front bumper holder will only work if you replace the TOP of the front gear case, the lower bumper, and I think something else under the front of the car...basically, it's not a simple swap.
TP & All> I've solved this in a neat manner. For this 'trick' you only need to get some big plastic washers (mine come from.... I don't know), but if you get washers or maybe, some plastic with 1 or 2mm thick, make with your body reamer a hole that fits snugly in the body post (try to do that they fit very snugly or doesn't work).

If you have a crash, the washers don't permit to move the plastic bumper and forces to absorb the impact (one word of caution: this can stress the body posts, but that's another story).

Check this image:
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-detalle-parachoques.jpg  
Old 12-07-2001, 02:20 PM
Tech Regular

Thats exactly what I did
Old 12-08-2001, 06:15 AM
Tech Adept

tphalen, i cant see the setup. i dont have the acrobat reader, and i dont want to download it (takes too long) so can any one give me a good setmup for carpet?

thanks
Old 12-08-2001, 06:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Maybe TP could provide a jpeg option if server space is not a problem. Then he could also put a counter on those pages and watch the hits increase.
Old 12-08-2001, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Corse-R: Where are the treaded shock bodies bro? I know they are not necessary but I would not have expected less of you.

What type of tape is that lining the center and left edge of the car?
Old 12-08-2001, 08:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by RCCadet
Corse-R: Where are the treaded shock bodies bro? I know they are not necessary but I would not have expected less of you.

What type of tape is that lining the center and left edge of the car?
Um... If my memory doesn't wrongs me, that day was a very cold day of 1999. At this time, the factory team wasn't available and the threaded shocks were almost launched by AE. And sometimes I preffer to use non threaded shocks, adjusting them are quick, you only need to install or remove spacers, quick and exact.

The tape you see in the center of the chasis is for preventing deadshorts (the chassis is the graphite one). Is plain fibeglass tape used by some 1/12 racers to keep the batteries on the car.
Old 12-08-2001, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

I ran electrical tape on the critical points to prevent shorting. I would have to second the threadless shock option. I only recently scavenged the shocks off the FTTC3 to place them on my semi-FT TC3. The older of the two TC3's was blueprinted and its drivetrain is extremely free. I will run it in place of my XRAY next year.
Old 12-08-2001, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

I will run it in place of my XRAY next year.
The use of fiberglass tape I've used in the past was... past. Now I use a better thing. I've discovered in the Losi Parts of my LHS some foam pads used by Losi cars to cushion the battery when is in place (ey! that Losi guys should have wise ideas! LOL ). If someone wants the part no. I'll search and post them, but going to Losi Parts zone and seeking for 'cushion foams for batteries' should be enough.

Respect to the quoted text I say: EXCELLENT IDEA!
Old 12-08-2001, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

I didn't think about the foam idea. My AE FTT3 uses the foam strips also. I am on my way to the LHS now and will look for it, electrical tape is too messy.
Old 12-08-2001, 02:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally posted by Type S
tphalen, i cant see the setup. i dont have the acrobat reader, and i dont want to download it (takes too long) so can any one give me a good setmup for carpet?

thanks
No offense Type-S, but there is sooo much information on here and the rest of the web, that you really need the Acrobat Reader. It's a very useful application and really raises the level of quality prints you can get for things like set up sheets. I know it takes a while to download, but set it to start when you go to bed or something.

Happy Racing,
Old 12-08-2001, 04:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 64 pitch

Hey guys I would like to switch to 64 pitch gears since I have a nice collection of the RR SuperLite Purple pinions off my Pro2. I had problems getting certain gearing to work on the Pro2 since you didn't have a lot of room on the motor plate for adjustment. I'm hoping someone knows what range of 64P gears work before you can no longer get a proper mesh. Also maybe give me some recommendations on what size I should get. I gave all my 64P spurs away with my Pro2 so I can't really check myself. Thanks for any help guys.
Old 12-08-2001, 04:42 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: 64 pitch

Originally posted by wonderboy
I'm hoping someone knows what range of 64P gears work before you can no longer get a proper mesh. Also maybe give me some recommendations on what size I should get.
According TA website, you can safely bolt a 104 tooth spur, but that seems me too large. I'm using (in some places) 64p spurs and pinions and you can be sure of using spurs in the range of 93T to 100T, in fact, my spurs are 93, 95 and 98Tooth.

Hope this helps.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thanks Corse_R

Thanks for such a quick response! Okay I'll stay under the 104 tooth mark like you. I hate trying to find info on the TA site, its spread out all over the place. The biggest spur I'll get will be a 100T. You've helped a lot.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:03 PM
Tech Master

I didn't think about the foam idea. My AE FTT3 uses the foam strips also. I am on my way to the LHS now and will look for it, electrical tape is too messy.
I didn't find the foam strips but did walk out with a truck body, antennas, and cover coat paint. I'll try another hobby shop and track on Tuesday.
Old 12-08-2001, 05:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by BigDogRacing

No offense Type-S, but there is sooo much information on here and the rest of the web, that you really need the Acrobat Reader. It's a very useful application and really raises the level of quality prints you can get for things like set up sheets. I know it takes a while to download, but set it to start when you go to bed or something.

Happy Racing,
Ditto...take the time to grab the plug-in. Here is the link: http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.