Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced! >

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Caster Racing Nitro Buggy Just Announced!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Caster ZX1.5R

How much weights the car RTR (Engine,tires,fuel,pack,etc) ?
How is the parts durability and reliability ?
How it compares driving ?
Old 01-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Drove my new buggy last weekend and it handles really well. Great turn in and awsome traction with the stock kit tires. Motor is still being broke in and have to go back this weekend and do some test & tune sestions. Nothing broke!
Old 01-15-2009, 07:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thats awesome DudeC. Let us know how things go with the buggy. Its -19 here right now, so I wont be doing any racing anytime soon! lol.
Old 01-15-2009, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Winter sux! We had that damb pinnapple express come through here where we were single digits and teens for 2 weeks straight. Snows finally gone but still chilly.
Old 01-15-2009, 02:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Its in the 30-40's here in FL. Not sure if I want to go race the saturday night race being so cold. Avon Park is down inside a huge Clay pit and gets even colder down inside.
Old 01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Snow? What the hell is that. It was around 75 here in az today, Should be in the 80's by next month.
Old 01-16-2009, 06:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

-2 this morning in KC.
Old 01-16-2009, 07:29 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Keyser-Soze
Keyser,

I'll try to answer you to the best of my knowledge so here it goes.

1. “Weight of the RTR?” Honestly, I don't have an RTR but for the few owners out there please correct me if I'm wrong. I'd say my 1.5r w/o the grenade motor is 7lbs. That's (2) XP 1015 servos, Protrac 2000mah lipo, Protrac volt limiter, Spektrum micro rx, kit wheels and tires and no body.

In my honest opinion, if you're getting and RTR weight shouldn't be your concern. However, if you're getting the RTR simply b/c you don't want to build it then I’d say the weight would be close to the 1.5r’s.

Next question, "How is the parts durability and reliability?" Honestly, I can't say from personal experience. But from my research, they are just as reliable as any other top company. What I mean by that is some owners seem to run into issues and others don't. From my study, it seems to be an evolving part of the hobby and that if you were to pick one up an RTR its most likely to withstand a newcomers abuse.

Final question, "How it compares driving?" That's pretty easy if you read the last few posts. Most seasoned drivers are saying that it’s a dream to drive. Not many newcomers know about these forums so it’s hard to gauge the “New Driver” aspect. Why not pick one up and try it out and give us a report?

I hope I answered all your questions. If you feel like asking me more feel free to PM me or simply reply to this page and I'm sure a Caster Team member will be able to answer your questions.

Rudy Diaz
Old 01-16-2009, 08:40 AM
Tech Master

Should weigh in about 7.6 lbs. or so. My KIT weighed about that before I put the Carbon fiber and lightened chassis. Parts durability and reliability is great on these buggies. They will take a beating. A friend of mine has had a RTR for awhile now and jokes around calling it "old reliable". What do you mean "how it compares driving?" To what, the KIT version. Basically drives the same as the ZX1-R as only differences are the shock and some plastic that is aluminum on the KIT. The ZX1-R is a extremely easy buggy to drive and most everyone who has owned one will agree. I did not like driving buggies till I got my ZX1-R. Was extremely stable and not twitchy compared to other buggies.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Mine weighs 7.4 without fuel
Old 01-17-2009, 07:44 AM
Tech Rookie

I was not talking about the RTR version,lol,i was talking about the ZX-1.5R in ready to run form, with engine/pipe,servos,pack and Fuel and i wanted to know how much does weight to compare to other buggy's!
I think this buggy is based on Mugen Mbx5-R and it's similar to the Ishima concept with traditional shocks,it's my opinion,not sure if i'm correct, i think MBX5-R was and still is one the most easy cars to drive, it performs great, it was a great buggy. i think it's still better than MBX6, some factory drivers thinks like that too.
I'm very interested in this car,but i don't see them at the tracks,i only knew a UK driver that tested and broked a lot, maybe it was the cold and the plastics didn't work on those temperatures,it could be that.
Btw how Caster engine compares to? Vspec?
Old 01-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

I was not talking about the RTR version,lol,i was talking about the ZX-1.5R in ready to run form, with engine/pipe,servos,pack and Fuel and i wanted to know how much does weight to compare to other buggy's!
I think this buggy is based on Mugen Mbx5-R and it's similar to the Ishima concept with traditional shocks,it's my opinion,not sure if i'm correct, i think MBX5-R was and still is one the most easy cars to drive, it performs great, it was a great buggy. i think it's still better than MBX6, some factory drivers thinks like that too.
I'm very interested in this car,but i don't see them at the tracks,i only knew a UK driver that tested and broked a lot, maybe it was the cold and the plastics didn't work on those temperatures,it could be that.
Btw how Caster engine compares to? Vspec?
The UK Driver more than likely had a very old ZX-1. The 1.5R is actually made alot better than the Ishima buggy. The Ishima is the same as the ZX1-R, everything but the shock towers shock mounts. The 1.5R is alot more updated. Diff gears, spur gear, towers, steering rod ends, stand up servo, all captured hinge pins etc. are all different and made better. Most of the drivers here who have had the Caster MKII Grenade have said it is very comparable to the V-spec. Some like it more, guess just personal preference. I have had my ZX1-R for about a year racing it almost every weekend till the 1.5R came and still have the original diffs, axles, driveshafts etc. I have only broke 1 front lower arm and 1 rear lower in a year. Nothing else has broken except for a steering rod end or 2 which I changed out to the shock rod ends and never broke one yet. Very strong and durable car. The 1.5R is a step above in quality and materials. I will try and weigh mine in a little bit to let you know how much.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Tech Master

Just weighed my ZX1-R and ZX1.5R and my ZX1-R weighs at 7.70 with a lightened chassis, and all carbon fiber except for shock towers. My 1.5R weighs at 7.60 all stock. Nothing lightened at all and no carbon fiber. The MBX5R's mentioned above weigh in at over 8lbs that 2 of my friends have. All scales are different but this gives you a idea since Diamond RC said his was 7.4 lbs.
Old 01-17-2009, 07:12 PM
Tech Master

Just got back from the track, almost a full day of practice. Got the motor right where it needed to be. Once that was set, it was good to GO! That motor RIPS ASS! Tons of ponies and plenty of bottom. After running bout 8-9 tanks through, I can say I'm impressed. I hit the pipe 1 good time and thought for sure is was broke but it drove away. Nothing broke all day! Stock tires still hook up great. I did try Holeshots, then it pushed bad. All in all it was a good day for practice to get it dialed for next weekend's series race. RACE ON!
Old 01-18-2009, 07:08 AM
Tech Rookie

The car that my Uk friend tested was a ZX-1.5R, not the ZX-1R, and i broked many times, the wing posts, rod ends, etc!
Let's see more feedback and more people driving Casters, the feedback that we have nowadays is from Team Drivers, which will always say it's a great car, because that's their job, they need to improve Caster image and i think they're doing a great job,since i'm from Europe,i don't see them racing here, that's why i want some more feedback!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.