Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR EVO 2

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2008, 02:03 PM
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi Thanks ...!!!

I tired to find a place that sells the new chassis and the new upper deck!! No one does!!even for for the evo!
Old 11-16-2008, 02:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Theres one on ebay with a few chassis, came across it while searching-

]

Last edited by V1R racer; 11-19-2008 at 03:24 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Regular

check your pm
Old 11-16-2008, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Pm back at you
Old 11-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Tech Regular

and back to you..
Old 11-16-2008, 03:35 PM
Tech Regular

pm!!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 30 (97%+)
Default evo 2 ???

Hi all ,
just finished building my new evo2 , got a quick question i setup the car according to the manual.
1) has any one driven the car with the manual setup?how does it handle ?
2) i noticed on wacking on a set of tires front 60.5 mm and rear 62.50 mm there was no droop at all front or rear . plus the ride height at rear is 8 mm and front is 5.7 mm . how would no droop affect the car?
formally with my evo wc i was using 1 mm droop front and 4 mm rear 5.5 ride height front and 6.5mm rear . and the car handle quite well .
and info would be a bonus .

cheers
Alex
Old 11-19-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ccrcraceway
Hi all ,
just finished building my new evo2 , got a quick question i setup the car according to the manual.
1) has any one driven the car with the manual setup?how does it handle ?
2) i noticed on wacking on a set of tires front 60.5 mm and rear 62.50 mm there was no droop at all front or rear . plus the ride height at rear is 8 mm and front is 5.7 mm . how would no droop affect the car?
formally with my evo wc i was using 1 mm droop front and 4 mm rear 5.5 ride height front and 6.5mm rear . and the car handle quite well .
and info would be a bonus .

cheers
Alex
CCRCRACEWAY,

I'd say go with the settings from your previous Evo. You definately need droop in the rear and the 4mm is what most run with. Going no droop to 2mm in front is okay and the ride height of 5.5mm front and 6.5mm rear sounds like a good starting point. It depends on the type of track. I have one track I run at that is pretty smooth and I run as low as 4mm front and 5mm rear. Another place I run at has a protable track they drop in a parking lot and I run at 6mm front and 7mm rear because of debris and small pebbles that may be on the track. Just remember the Evo 2 is just an update to the previous version. There isn't a whole lot to change as far as settings from the 1st Evo. Good luck with your racing I think you're really going to see how much better this version is.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-19-2008, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi how are you? how are the cars
Old 11-19-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by didrace
Speyederjedi how are you? how are the cars
Didrace,

My car is doing fine and my buddy Ryan is in Houston, Texas and I just talked to him about an hour ago. He is at Mike's Hobby testing out his Evo WC with the modded chassis. i'll let ya know how that goes. I ran up in Austin thsi past weekend with a couple of my buddies from her in San Antonio and we were running 1, 2, 3 all day long through the qualifiers. We ended up 1, 3 and 4. I was 4th due to a very slow pit and a couple of spin outs while passing slower traffic. I had 2nd place up until about the 7 minute mark of the 10 minute main. Might be looking into getting the Capricorn CL12-ET engine with their power clutch setup. Supposed to be a really hot combonation.

Anyway, how's your car? Are things working out for you with that kit? Hope so. Let me know if you are having any problems and I'll do what I can to help.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-19-2008, 01:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey Speyederjedi,
Thanks for the reply. yeah i will go back to how i use to setup my evo wc. its just that i read here on the forum that stock setting where a good place to start with. the car just sitting on the bench doesnt look alright. hope fully the weather is good here locally so i can give the car a run .
one question do u alter your droop according to your ride height ? i used to use 4 mm front and rear but i always was struggling with off power steering .

cheers alex

Originally Posted by Speyederjedi
CCRCRACEWAY,

I'd say go with the settings from your previous Evo. You definately need droop in the rear and the 4mm is what most run with. Going no droop to 2mm in front is okay and the ride height of 5.5mm front and 6.5mm rear sounds like a good starting point. It depends on the type of track. I have one track I run at that is pretty smooth and I run as low as 4mm front and 5mm rear. Another place I run at has a protable track they drop in a parking lot and I run at 6mm front and 7mm rear because of debris and small pebbles that may be on the track. Just remember the Evo 2 is just an update to the previous version. There isn't a whole lot to change as far as settings from the 1st Evo. Good luck with your racing I think you're really going to see how much better this version is.

Regards,
Speyederjedi
Old 11-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

a video of the track i race at
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~rcracing/
Old 11-19-2008, 01:29 PM
Tech Regular

Speyederjedi

Man thanks for the help and i appreciate it...I hate the spin outs...i cant say about the pit mans because i dot concider myself as a fast one..

with my car nothing!!!still an rrr without clutces and rear belt and ofcoarse engine!
Just nothing!!i was gone buy the offer in the ebay and bad luck someone else bought it. Thats how life is!!
Old 11-19-2008, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Default droop

Alex,

Yes, I ALWAYS adjust my droop based on my ride height. If I make a tire change and then have to readjust ride height due to the shorter or taller tire I go back and check the droop. If you don't do this and don't have enough droop in the rear you can end up with a tire that loses contact with the track surface and then your in trouble. Also 4mm front droop is a bit much. I rarely go more than 2mm droop in front. Something else I recently tried that made the car smoother on initial trun-in and in mid turn was place a 1mm shim under each ball link on the front uprights where the steering arms snap onto. I think this changes the ackerman effect and gives the car a smoother feel through the turns. It worked for me so I'm sticking with it. Hopes this helps.

Regards,
Daniel
Old 11-19-2008, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by didrace
Speyederjedi

Man thanks for the help and i appreciate it...I hate the spin outs...i cant say about the pit mans because i dot concider myself as a fast one..

with my car nothing!!!still an rrr without clutces and rear belt and ofcoarse engine!
Just nothing!!i was gone buy the offer in the ebay and bad luck someone else bought it. Thats how life is!!

Have you decided on an engine? I may be ordering another clutch setup in a week or so. If you get an engine and pipe I can let you have one of my spare clutch setups. Keep me posted. Do you have a Local Hobby Store (LHS) that can get you any other parts you need? I think I also have a couple of rear belts. I'll let you know, just don't give up on that kit. My buddy has the same kit and after the changes we made, he's flying around the track. I'll keep in contact.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.