Search
Like Tree10Likes

New Products from Radiopost Korea!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2018, 05:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 71 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bring it on
I am very sad to say that I will be leaving radiopost as a team driver as well as clearance out all my last bit of inventory. Also will be selling my Gen 2 radio with 4 or 5 receivers cheap
PM sent your way, I've been thinking about making the switch to a 4pkrs but I'm still on the fence.

Also if you decide to sell any of the servo's on your website at a good discount, I would be interested.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
PM sent your way, I've been thinking about making the switch to a 4pkrs but I'm still on the fence.

Also if you decide to sell any of the servo's on your website at a good discount, I would be interested.
my Radio already sold, Just a few new receivers I will sell but not through site.. PM if interested
Old 01-13-2018, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

hey rick, how about gear sets for servos? my green servo took a dump last weekend.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:21 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK
hey rick, how about gear sets for servos? my green servo took a dump last weekend.
Sorry, those have been out for a long time
Old 01-14-2018, 08:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (97%+)

For those considering the TS401, I think it would only be fair to understand some of it's limitations. I used to own one and absolutely loved it until other brands quickly caught up and offered far better features leaving the TS401 far behind the competition.

1) Range issues, for most tracks this was never a problem, but Radiopost uses direct sequencing which focuses its signal around 1 channel, by far the strongest wave signal I've seen out of several other brands of signals that I sampled at the time. What I found was that it was necessary to run the radio on 2S LiPo to prevent low voltage range issues on larger tracks. Sometimes, and this was very rare, I would still experience glitching on larger tracks when too many other radios running direct sequencing channels in use... one trick I found was to leave the radio turned on (at least 1 full round before my race) so my channel wouldn't get used as modern systems will scan available frequencies and adjust accordingly where with Radiopost, you're stuck with only 1 frequency.

2) Color LCD screen is really nice, though if you race on an outdoor track in direct sunlight, it's very impractical to use one hand to shield from the sun and change model memories with the other hand.

3) Boot up time is by far the slowest of any radio I've seen on the market, I want to say it was something like 5-10 seconds... but if you're in a hurry to get on the driver stand for any reason, it can sometimes feel like an eternity for the radio to boot up.

4) No charging jack, this is really a preference and there are still some reputable brands which don't offer a charging jack for a myriad of lame reasons, but this has become a deal breaker for me personally. I will not own a radio without a charge jack for simple matter of convenience... why would anyone pay hundreds of dollars on a modern luxury radio and have to settle.

5) Too many different generations of Rx's to keep track of... Red/Green/V2 Green etc... I wish they would've properly labeled each version of each release so people could clearly see what they are buying used, original version of Rx's were notorious for being glitchy, good luck trying to tell the difference between them in used pics.

Would I still recommend a TS401?
Actually yes! Provided you are willing to accept the limitations that I've just listed, I feel it's an excellent system for medium to small covered tracks.

Really breaks my heart the brand never upgraded the system to keep up with the competition... Radiopost once set the pace for the industry to follow and now they've become a relic.
TIME MACHINE likes this.

Last edited by billdelong; 01-14-2018 at 08:26 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:51 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I've been running a Radiopost for 2 years now without issue.

How do you tell if it's gen1 or gen2?

Where can I find a gearset for a red servo? I looked and looked once a long time ago and got in touch with someone from overseas who didn't really speak English and gave up.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:21 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Originally Posted by oPAULo
I've been running a Radiopost for 2 years now without issue.

How do you tell if it's gen1 or gen2?

Where can I find a gearset for a red servo? I looked and looked once a long time ago and got in touch with someone from overseas who didn't really speak English and gave up.
A g2 will say g2 across the bottom on the battery tray by the name. Most likely you have a g1.

Most likely unless you can find nos gear sets, your out of luck. I would watch eBay. Maybe some one will sell a set off.
Old 01-14-2018, 11:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Darkgenerals
A g2 will say g2 across the bottom on the battery tray by the name. Most likely you have a g1.

Most likely unless you can find nos gear sets, your out of luck. I would watch eBay. Maybe some one will sell a set off.
I guess it's a G1. Still super happy with it I guess? Never had anything else and it seems to be much faster than I am. I used to race heavily in the early 90's so I know all about glitch and loss of signal. This thing has been rock solid even on the bigger indoor tracks. Never had a problem.
Bummer about the servo. To be honest I only got it because it was Radiopost and red. It lasted a little while but nothing compared to a Savox 1258tg. My son and I have stripped out just about all of them. Radiopost, Reedy, Futaba, Spektrum. I've had 2 Savox 1258tg rebuild kits in my box for almost 2 years just waiting for them to strip out. Bulletproof.
Old 01-14-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

1 no range issue ever .. ran this radio on a 1/2 mile 1:1 oval track ..
on rc tracks have run with 27 other rc at same time never a issue.
2 yes a slight issue in direct sunlight that's all..no other brands has zero direct sun issues.3 bootup time is instant not 5 seconds or greater
4 your not supposed to charge any rc battery on board ..in safe pure reckless to try so why gripe?

5 .2 generation guess your math is bad 1+1= 2..lol

best radio one could ever want i find it has the fastest response time ..i feel intouch with my rcs unlike other brands..i hav tried 9 different brands b4 i wont this radiopost..my best friend was sponsored by radiopost after using mine then buying one of his own..right combat..

some 1 just like cheap radios ..
Old 01-14-2018, 03:51 PM
Tech Champion

There is a guy in Cali that has gear I guess. I tried to buy them all from him but he wanted to much so I said good luck lol if I can find his info I will post it here.
Old 01-14-2018, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

I was told
Jason at 951-545-1628 has all of them gear sets.. He is out of California
Old 01-15-2018, 07:58 PM
Tech Champion

I'm done and now using Sanwa

Last edited by bring it on; 01-22-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 01-23-2018, 10:39 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

GL with sale, your green one is tempting.
Old 01-25-2018, 05:08 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

This is not the place to buy and sell things.
Old 02-13-2018, 09:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 146 (100%+)

anybody know off hand what size the screws are that hold the ears onto the signature servo?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.