New IB4200 Worlds cell

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New IB4200 Worlds cell

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Initiate

Not all tracks/series have an "I don't care" attitude. I run Oval on the SouthWest Tour (A touring series visiting oval tracks in CA, Nevada, and Arizona.) Our series director legalized anything up to 4000 mAh at the beginning of the season, and that's it. Basically, none of the 4200's, of any variety, is legal for this season. That way, you know you can get at least a season out of your batteries, which with proper care, is about all they are good for anyway. It's verified at tech, after every heat and main.

In order to control escalating costs for competitors, more tracks and/or series should implement this type of measure, and then police it at tech.

-Tony Staples
Old 09-14-2006, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

It's going to be really interesting to see where we are with batteries in the next couple of years. I remember trying to figure out how I could get D cells into my Rc10T to get 3000mah....
Old 09-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by axle182
The fact that their new 4200 cells is bloody annoying. Why not make them 4300? Maybe Roar need to make it even more specific, and name the model of cells which are allowed. No World cells, only SHV's... might have to bring that up at our club also. Dont want anyone who has just bought SHV's to think they have to get Worlds cells also. manufacturers can produce what they want when they want, its the clubs that decide what is run.
So then IB wont put stickers on the latest cell... just go with date codes like GP did. How can Roar tell whats inside the cell, all they can go by is the shrink, cell demensions and weight
Old 09-14-2006, 11:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

GP mostly used date codes, but they did have the SP2....which was no different than the SHV or now Worlds Edition....

Later EddieO
Old 09-14-2006, 11:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mr.Horsepower
Not all tracks/series have an "I don't care" attitude. I run Oval on the SouthWest Tour (A touring series visiting oval tracks in CA, Nevada, and Arizona.) Our series director legalized anything up to 4000 mAh at the beginning of the season, and that's it. Basically, none of the 4200's, of any variety, is legal for this season. That way, you know you can get at least a season out of your batteries, which with proper care, is about all they are good for anyway. It's verified at tech, after every heat and main.

In order to control escalating costs for competitors, more tracks and/or series should implement this type of measure, and then police it at tech.

-Tony Staples
So now that IB discontinued the 3800 you are stuck buying other brands of cells or the still produced 3600's. I would never run a class that wants to keep me a few cells behind the times
Old 09-14-2006, 11:39 AM
Tech Addict

As manufacturers/tuners/matchers we are in constant revision of our product lines. it would be easier on us to wait until a annual time to release new stuff both from an inventory control as well as a marketing angle. However having said this because of things like this forum here, word gets out very fast to those that care. If we were to wait and sit on product sombody else would simply release it and then we would be behind. As long as there is competition between companies you will see new releases come faster and faster. Do not be suprised if new tech starts coming out quartery and even monthly some day. If people would learn to work with each other beyond there own club level into a more structured national level, (like a ROAR) then none of this would matter as there would be broad rules in place to benefit the racer. As it stands now ROAR only influences the purchasing of less then 1% of the RC car market. The manufacturers have to make the other 99% of the customers happy as well and they want the latest and greatest.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:09 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dodgeguy
So what is the word on this new cell? Anyone have any yet?
They are slightly better than the SHV cell... A little more voltage, runtime, lower AIR. Not a huge difference from the latest batch of SHVs to the first batch of these cells..

Also, you need to take better care of these. Leaving them without a charge, even for a few days, will allow the cell to degrade and loose runtime.

I find it interesting that I just got a PR annoucement about the Fusion/EP4200 cell... looks like a battle is shaping up.
Old 09-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

More fragile?? Not liking the sound of that. The 4200/SHV cell has great performance, but it's life really isn't very good - at least IMHO.
Old 09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Tech Adept

There was a red M.Schumacher version of IB4200SHV few months back...
I guess the new IB4200 World Edition will re-barge as the M.Schumacher "RETIRE Edition"?????
KIMI IB4200 Ferrari Version is on the way perhaps.......
Old 09-14-2006, 07:31 PM
Tech Initiate

Fatman,

You missed the point entirely. A restriction or limit is not there to "keep you behind the times." The restriction is there to prevent whomever has enough money to just buy the latest and greatest every month from gaining an "unfair" advantage. It helps control costs for all racers.

You sound like you enjoy buying all new stuff every few months, chasing a little extra speed, and that's fine. Most folks cannot afford that.

-Tony Staples
Old 09-14-2006, 08:41 PM
Tech Master

I wonder if thats a real picture of him?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by John Warner
I wonder if thats a real picture of him?
Old 09-14-2006, 10:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Like EddieO said, the performance is great thanks to the greater voltage and slight run-time increase. I like them (IB's). Bit of a surprise IB would release yet another version.
Old 09-15-2006, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by MattW
More fragile?? Not liking the sound of that. The 4200/SHV cell has great performance, but it's life really isn't very good - at least IMHO.
Agree
Old 09-17-2006, 02:43 AM
Tech Adept

my local track have some people fired ESC with using IB4200 WC version, pls add a fan for esc and motor .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.