Search
Like Tree66Likes

Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 06:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Thumbs up

efor example, here's the weights of the various components in my car so I could work out the balance theoretically just by weighing each component. I haven't yet put it on a four point scale...

D413 Electronic component weights

Right Front
Servo 58g

Right Rear
Shorty Battery 211g

Right Total = 269

Left Front
Hobbywing ESC 83g
Fan 6g
Capacitor 9.5g

Left Rear
HIrosaka 7.5T motor 158g
Futaba Receiver 9g
Fan 6g

Left Total = 271.5

Race Ready Total Car weight
D413 1713g
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies D413 1/10 4WD Buggy-img_3145.jpg  
Old 07-15-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by 13Maschine
efor example, here's the weights of the various components in my car so I could work out the balance theoretically just by weighing each component. I haven't yet put it on a four point scale...

D413 Electronic component weights

Right Front
Servo 58g

Right Rear
Shorty Battery 211g

Right Total = 269

Left Front
Hobbywing ESC 83g
Fan 6g
Capacitor 9.5g

Left Rear
HIrosaka 7.5T motor 158g
Futaba Receiver 9g
Fan 6g

Left Total = 271.5

Race Ready Total Car weight
D413 1713g
Thank you very much for this very useful info. Very balanced for sure!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

Shorty pack makes for a balanced light weight car, problem is we run on a short indoor clay track. Im looking for a heavier set up. Every wheeler ive owned ive added weight too. More traction and keeps it low in the air. I will buy a shorty pack but 1st Im running saddles. I see from 13maschines info that the motor weighs 158g while the esc,fan,servo and receiver weighs 167g! I can add a few grams to the motor side!
Old 07-15-2015, 09:40 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VinMoto
Shorty pack makes for a balanced light weight car, problem is we run on a short indoor clay track. Im looking for a heavier set up. Every wheeler ive owned ive added weight too. More traction and keeps it low in the air. I will buy a shorty pack but 1st Im running saddles. I see from 13maschines info that the motor weighs 158g while the esc,fan,servo and receiver weighs 167g! I can add a few grams to the motor side!
Remember, those are the weight for his components. My ESC is only 43 grams without wires (and I doubt my wires add up to 40 grams). If you're that worried about the balance of your car you're gonna have to weigh your stuff. You can always add weight to your car.
Old 07-16-2015, 05:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone have any luck with Avid Chassis or Schelle stretch chassis??
I've been running the Schelle stretch carbon fiber chassis for a while now and definitely one of the best upgrades for this car. The Schelle chassis makes the car feel more planted and can drive it in and out of the corners harder and you won't get the 3 wheel motion. It also jumps better and handles the rough stuff better too. I've been running mine outdoors on a 1/8 sized track and has been handling awesome.

As for the batteries, the shorty pack is definitely the preferred way. One of our local fast guys tried saddle and after two races switched it to shorty pack and never looked back. he said it just handled better with the shorty configuration.

I would check out SMC Racing for a shorty pack, they are like $30-40 and great battery for the price as well.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:26 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by snwchris
I've been running the Schelle stretch carbon fiber chassis for a while now and definitely one of the best upgrades for this car. The Schelle chassis makes the car feel more planted and can drive it in and out of the corners harder and you won't get the 3 wheel motion. It also jumps better and handles the rough stuff better too. I've been running mine outdoors on a 1/8 sized track and has been handling awesome.

As for the batteries, the shorty pack is definitely the preferred way. One of our local fast guys tried saddle and after two races switched it to shorty pack and never looked back. he said it just handled better with the shorty configuration.

I would check out SMC Racing for a shorty pack, they are like $30-40 and great battery for the price as well.

sounds like i need the schelle strech chassi. running on a 1/8 scale outdoor track (medina rc raceway). do you guys running the schelle strech chassi like it indoors as well as outdoors?

also a shorty is the way to go in this buggy for sure!!!!
Old 07-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by floyd2810
sounds like i need the schelle strech chassi. running on a 1/8 scale outdoor track (medina rc raceway). do you guys running the schelle strech chassi like it indoors as well as outdoors?

also a shorty is the way to go in this buggy for sure!!!!

The Schelle chassis works great indoors. Floyd it made huge difference at Bula for me when I made the change to the chassis.
I'm still running Tys original Reddy Setup and only made minor changes to it and still running same setup for outdoors at Shays track
Old 07-16-2015, 07:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by snwchris
The Schelle chassis works great indoors. Floyd it made huge difference at Bula for me when I made the change to the chassis.
I'm still running Tys original Reddy Setup and only made minor changes to it and still running same setup for outdoors at Shays track
Do the bodies fit normally with this chassis?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:45 AM
Tech Master

Yes, the bodies still fit fine, I'm still using my original Proline Type-R body from when it was running the stock chassis.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Tech Master

Smile

Thank you very much for this very useful info. Very balanced for sure!
You are welcome. I did weigh my ESC with all the wires attached this way it would be fairly accurate in terms of total weight. The wires aren't all in one place so the weight is somewhat distributed as well. Four point scale is the best way but this just goes to show how the car could be balanced with a shorty. Your results will vary based on component choices. Once the car has been built with al the electronics and such then it should be shock balanced too, this is often why switching from shorty to saddle without changing the suspension to match the weight causes poor handling in saddle config. Heavier car will probably need heavier dampening.
Old 07-16-2015, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Also for those thinking about the Schelle carbon stretch chassis, look at changing the layout of your electronics. I moved my ESC behind the motor and then the RX and Transponder are in front of motor. When I put scales on all four corners it came out balanced pretty dam good. I think I added minor weight to the motor side.
Old 07-16-2015, 04:29 PM
Dal
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mantis Toboggan
Look at the way the car is layed out, and use your brain. It's obvious that the car will be way more balanced with a shorty pack. With saddles you have equal battery weight on both sides, but the motor and ESC in the front right are going to weigh a lot more than a servo and receiver.

A shorty pack weighs about the same as a motor, and a servo weighs about the same as an ESC, and receivers are usually very light. The saddle pack thing was really to conform to a rule that is no longer enforced. You just spent a bunch of money on a new kit, spend the $40 for the right battery.
ESC is on same side as servo, RX is behind motor, on mine anyway
Old 07-16-2015, 04:41 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Dal
ESC is on same side as servo, RX is behind motor, on mine anyway
In shorty configuration?
Old 07-16-2015, 07:09 PM
Tech Master

Looks like Amain has pushed back the front shock shafts again. I have backorders at Tower and Amain and I've searched around quite a bit. Anyone want to sell me one or point me to a known source? I've only been able to run my car 2 packs since I built it and I took a head on collision with an 1/8th scale. it's been on the bench for a couple weeks now.....super SAD FACE

Thanks in Advance!
Old 07-16-2015, 08:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

What set up are you guys reccomending for running at Warehouse 3 and SRS on slicks. Thanks,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.