Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 - 2014 Pacific NW Showdown!

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Smooth start to the series. Track, racing, rd, traction and the food cart were all dialed this weekend. I vote stock buggy B main as race of the weekend. I think Tony Donlin would give it his "Battle" seal of approval!

Good job Brad for winning Stk buggy with an old school rear motor.
Old 11-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Great RD Jim and the race was smooth. Lot's of great racing this whole weekend. I love the format!!
Old 11-10-2013, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Great kick off to the series, thanks to everyone that made it happen. Love the format of the 2 day running the first round and a half of heats sat evening and then the rest of the 2nd and 3rd then the mains on Sunday. Cant wait to go to Bremerton next month.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Great racing, great track, great food, great RD. Was a fun weekend and some awesome battles. I had a great time and a great trip.

Thanks to Jack Leigan and Mikey Brown for somehow finding a way way to get my T4 to steer so dang well by the mains.

-Jason Gainey

Last edited by H3RESQ; 11-11-2013 at 02:28 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Default Thanks Everyone!

Thanks to everyone for a great race weekend!

Thanks for bearing with me and keeping the program running on time all weekend long. Thanks to all the volunteers. Special thanks to Top Gear and all the staff, Shaun Dunlap and the track crew, Marty and Derek.

Several really great battles to call had a great time!

Thanks
Jim
Old 11-11-2013, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

We had a great racing weekend. Thank you to the Roots, the track crew and Jim for RDing (great job on the mic).
Old 11-11-2013, 08:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hello there,

just wondering what 2wd tires you run at Bremerton, WA? Also, what are your hours around Thanksgiving?

Thanks,

Sven
Old 11-11-2013, 09:01 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by s-v-e-n
Hello there,

just wondering what 2wd tires you run at Bremerton, WA? Also, what are your hours around Thanksgiving?

Thanks,

Sven
They use Gold JC Bar Codes

Bring Ghost & Scuff's of ...
Old 11-11-2013, 09:18 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by s-v-e-n
Hello there,

Thanks,

Sven
Bring slicks too. Fresh layout and cold usually means slicks for us.
Old 11-11-2013, 11:00 PM
Tech Regular

I had an awesome weekend in Portland, a great city with some great racing. So many talented racers in one place, it was a real privilege getting to see some old friends and making a few new one.

Big shout out to Thomas Tran - he made an excellent write up with some sweet photos of the 2wd buggy classes - http://2wdmod.com/2013/11/12/andy-di...howdown-rnd-1/ I highly recommend subscribing so you get email updates.

I can't wait for the next round!
Old 11-12-2013, 07:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

what ended up being the final driver count???
Old 11-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Tech Adept

Default Track locater

Originally Posted by Rasheed
Updated 10/29/13. Race dates have been finalized!

Hello again Northwest racers! Many of you are probably wondering why there haven't been any updates in weeks. Well, a lot has been going on behind the scenes. First big change is that Marty Barnes is back in business! Marty will be leading the series again as he has in past years. I will still be helping out. Tom is going back to flying airplanes (real ones, not RC) so he won't be able to help out with the series this year.

Also regarding the schedule, the Bremerton race has been moved to December 7-8, one week earlier than previously planned. I really apologize for changing this date after it had already been marked as final.

Regarding the series points, there was some concern that the way we were going to calculate points before was unfair to the tracks that don't have the final race. Therefore all of the races will count for the same amount of points, and the series championship will be best 4 out of 5 races.

After discussion with the track owners, another rule that has changed is that mod buggy will only have double A mains. The consensus was that all classes should have the same number of mains.

Finally, Marty came up with a cool new idea for the double B mains of mod buggy to make them more exciting. See the bolded text below!

Race date have been finalized!
Top Gear Raceway Portland - Nov 9th and 10th
BRCR Bremerton - December 7th and 8th
TRCR Tacoma January 11th and 12th
NW Hobbies Albany March 1st and 2nd
Finale at 4 seasons March 21-23

Classes
Mod 2wd buggy
Mod 4wd buggy
Mod 4wd short course
Stock buggy
Stock truck
Stock 2wd short course

All stock classes will be 17.5 motors in “blinky” mode.

We chose to cut down to 6 classes to try to get bigger classes. Unfortunately the mod truck, mod short course, and super stock buggy classes have not had much participation in past years so those were the ones that were cut.

Race format
Mod buggy – 2 quals, double 6 minute A mains, double B mains (8 minute B1, 8 minute B2), 6 minute C and lower mains
All other classes – 2 quals, double 6 minute A mains, 8 minute B mains, 6 minute lower mains
Resort after the first round of qualifiers.
Rocket round seeding for mains.
8 cars qualify directly to each main, with 2 bumps from the lower main for a total of 10 cars in each main.
Tiebreaker for double A mains is higher finish in the A2 main.

We hope to make mod buggy less intimidating to the slower mod drivers by sorting the first round of qualifying heats by skill. This means that the super fast A main guys will all be together in 1 or 2 qualifying heats, while the slower mod guys will be put in different heats. After the first qual we will resort so the clock sorts it out. You don't have to worry about pulling over 5 times to let Luke Smith lap you, unless you earn your way into his heat.
Here is how the double B mains will work. The B1 main will have 10 cars. It will be one of the first B mains. It will be a 6 minute race and only the 1st place car will bump to the A. The B2 main will be the last B main race. It will have the remaining 9 cars in it. It will also be a 6 minute race. The winner of that race will also bump to the A main.

Race order for qualifying
Mod buggy
Stock buggy
4x4 SC
Stock Truck
4wd buggy
Stock 2wd SC

Race order for mains
Lower mains (order will depend on how many mains in each class)
B1 main of mod buggy
Other B mains
B2 main of mod buggy

A main order:
Stock buggy
4x4 SC
Stock Truck
4wd buggy
Stock 2wd SC
Mod buggy

we wanted to have the race order be consistent and announced ahead of time so you can choose your classes knowing which ones might force you to race back to back, and which ones will be nicely spread out.

Race schedule for the first 4 races
Friday and before – track's choice for practice and racing.
Saturday - controlled practice from 9AM to 5PM
Track maintenance from 5-5:30
1st round of qualifying starts at 5:30 pm
Sunday – practice from 8-9am. 2nd round of qualifying starts at 9:30 AM
Mains immediately follow qualifying. Goal is to get done by 5 or 6pm.

We changed the race schedule with the goal of allowing the traveling racer to get enough practice on Saturday to be competitive, with only 1 night of hotel and no missed work or school days.

Race schedule for the final
Practice Friday
4 rounds of qualifiers Saturday
Mains Sunday (AAA and BB for all classes with at least 16 entries) with series awards to follow.

Series points for rounds 1-5
101 for first
99 for second
98 for third
etc

Series champion will be the best 4 out of 5 races.

Cost - $25 per class for the first 4 races
$30 per class for the final 3 day race

Awards
Trophies for the top 3 in each class for each race.
Awards for the top 5 in each class for the series.
Where are the out of state tracks located I’ve never been too BRCR Bremerton, TRCR Tacoma, or 4 seasons race tracks. (Track locater?)
Old 11-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JOE TEUBNER
Where are the out of state tracks located I’ve never been too BRCR Bremerton, TRCR Tacoma, or 4 seasons race tracks. (Track locater?)
http://www.rctech.net/forum/northwes...-list-new.html
Old 11-12-2013, 02:23 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to Thomas Tran and 2wdmod.com for the great write up on the Showdown. Thanks for the commitment to this series, looking forward to the rest of the series write ups. I am a subscriber.

Thanks to Kevin @ TheBigRC for also following up with a brief story of the Mod class. Hopefully they will be able to do future write ups on the series as well and even add some info on the other classes
Old 11-12-2013, 08:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Great start to the showdown season this weekend!

For those of you that weren't there, we decided to add a third round of qualifying. We did 1 and 1/2 rounds of qualifying Saturday night, and 1 and 1/2 rounds of qualifying Sunday. Everyone seemed to think it worked well. We were done before 9pm on Saturday, and were done racing by 5pm on Sunday. Even with over 100 entries!

We will plan to continue to have 3 rounds of qualifying for the rest of the showdown. This will guarantee everyone at least 4 races, and those that make A mains or bump up from lower mains will get 5 races!
In the rest of the races we will make the qualifying qual points using your best 2 out of 3 rounds.

The race of the night in my book was the B main of stock buggy. Elijah Gibbs, John Weathers, and Tony Bailey were locked in an epic 3 way battle. Each moved in and out of the bump spots, capitalizing on each others mistakes. Little did they know that Lance Norton was in creep mode, slowly catching up after a bad start. In the last minute of the race Tony and John made final fatal mistakes and Lance was able to overtake them for the final bump! Great race guys.

The vibe in the pits was great and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. Looking forward to the rest of the series...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.