Wiki Posts
Search

2013 - 2014 Pacific NW Showdown!

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2013, 08:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rasheed
Great start to the showdown season this weekend!

For those of you that weren't there, we decided to add a third round of qualifying. We did 1 and 1/2 rounds of qualifying Saturday night, and 1 and 1/2 rounds of qualifying Sunday. Everyone seemed to think it worked well. We were done before 9pm on Saturday, and were done racing by 5pm on Sunday. Even with over 100 entries!

We will plan to continue to have 3 rounds of qualifying for the rest of the showdown. This will guarantee everyone at least 4 races, and those that make A mains or bump up from lower mains will get 5 races!
In the rest of the races we will make the qualifying qual points using your best 2 out of 3 rounds.

The race of the night in my book was the B main of stock buggy. Elijah Gibbs, John Weathers, and Tony Bailey were locked in an epic 3 way battle. Each moved in and out of the bump spots, capitalizing on each others mistakes. Little did they know that Lance Norton was in creep mode, slowly catching up after a bad start. In the last minute of the race Tony and John made final fatal mistakes and Lance was able to overtake them for the final bump! Great race guys.

The vibe in the pits was great and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. Looking forward to the rest of the series...
(Like Button)

not much more to say but what a great event and look forward to the next ones!
Old 11-13-2013, 01:50 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

For those of you that weren't there, we decided to add a third round of qualifying. We did 1 and 1/2 rounds of qualifying Saturday night, and 1 and 1/2 rounds of qualifying Sunday. Everyone seemed to think it worked well. We were done before 9pm on Saturday, and were done racing by 5pm on Sunday. Even with over 100 entries!

We will plan to continue to have 3 rounds of qualifying for the rest of the showdown. This will guarantee everyone at least 4 races, and those that make A mains or bump up from lower mains will get 5 races!
In the rest of the races we will make the qualifying qual points using your best 2 out of 3 rounds.

The race of the night in my book was the B main of stock buggy. Elijah Gibbs, John Weathers, and Tony Bailey were locked in an epic 3 way battle. Each moved in and out of the bump spots, capitalizing on each others mistakes. Little did they know that Lance Norton was in creep mode, slowly catching up after a bad start. In the last minute of the race Tony and John made final fatal mistakes and Lance was able to overtake them for the final bump! Great race guys.

The vibe in the pits was great and it seemed like everyone was having a good time. Looking forward to the rest of the series...
Rub it in, why don't you! Seriously, that B-Main was some knee-knocking nerve wracking fun and a great learning experience for me in a pressure cooker. Sometimes competing in a great race is as good or better than winning easily, even if it doesn't work out how you might like. Great job to Elijah and Lance for showing us how to get it done, and a great job to everyone organizing the event -- well done on all counts.

Ryan and I had a great time and are psyched to do the rest of the series, except for Bremerton -- the new date didn't work for us. :-(

John W.
Old 11-14-2013, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

great race and start to the series, love the 3 quals and the splitting up the 2nd round. Any chance we might get triple A mains???
Old 12-09-2013, 01:27 PM
Tech Regular

I know it might take a few days...but when and where should we look for overall results now that 2 events are in the books?

Cheers
Old 12-09-2013, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H3RESQ
I know it might take a few days...but when and where should we look for overall results now that 2 events are in the books?

Cheers
I will be in charge of points. I will post them in this thread. I am on vacation so the points won't get done until the end of this week. I am hoping to complete them by Sunday. Sorry for the brief delay...

Derek
Old 12-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Regular

I will be in charge of points. I will post them in this thread. I am on vacation so the points won't get done until the end of this week. I am hoping to complete them by Sunday. Sorry for the brief delay...

Derek
No worries, sounds great! Thanks.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Just wanted to post up the race write-up and story for Round 2 in Bremerton. Thanks all for being a part of this. Definitely looking forward to round 3 for more fun!

http://2wdmod.com/2013/12/12/luke-sm...on-rc-raceway/
Old 12-18-2013, 10:04 PM
Tech Addict

Default Points Standings

Here are the points. Only a few days later than promised!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013-14 showdown.pdf (85.7 KB, 144 views)
Old 01-13-2014, 08:17 PM
Tech Addict

Points updated through round 3
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
2013-14 showdownrd3 (1).pdf (90.3 KB, 95 views)

Last edited by Rasheed; 01-14-2014 at 08:45 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Round 3 Race Write-up!

http://2wdmod.com/2014/01/16/schoetl...howdown-rnd-3/
Old 01-22-2014, 01:05 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys! I just got off the phone with the phoenix inn and suites here in albany, (1/4 mile from the track) They gave us a awesome room rate for our show down race! $65 a night good for febuary 28th- march 2nd, Rooms come as one king bed or double queens. Use promo north west hobbies when calling down there. 541 926 5696
Old 02-24-2014, 01:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Who is ready for this weekend ?????
Old 02-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

should be tons of traction like the last layout!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by casey3v
Hey guys! I just got off the phone with the phoenix inn and suites here in albany, (1/4 mile from the track) They gave us a awesome room rate for our show down race! $65 a night good for febuary 28th- march 2nd, Rooms come as one king bed or double queens. Use promo north west hobbies when calling down there. 541 926 5696
Phoenix inn. DIALED!
Old 02-24-2014, 05:12 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by RonBegeot
Phoenix inn. DIALED!
Made my reservation a couple weeks ago. Leana was on point!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.