Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by roger999
Ok thanks. Is possible then to set all settings just using led box? Stock software...
It cannot....there is limitation of the LED box, it is designed to be used on software like STOCK0, MOD0 and MOD1, it is not designed to use on software like STOCK1 (boost) and software that has the customer brake and drag setting (like the upcoming V20 software)....

I would recommend you to look for the REVENTON LCD card (there is only 1 LCD card...it will work on all the REVENTON SERIES ESC)...and it is updatable and it is "THE CARD" to have...

I am sure someone here on Rctech can spare one cheap, we are waiting for the individual stock for the LCD, LCD does came FREE with the REVENTON PRO ESC. May be should you consider to purchase a REVENTON PRO and get the card free plus a top of the line ESC.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by 80'sracer
Email sent.
I want to ask you...which email you were used to send your 1st email and you saying no one replied your email..? I am trying to do some "postal" to the head office and point fingers....THANKS.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by brendon
Is anyone having trouble when they try and use the program box on thier computer to change settings on the revention speed controller. I am using the revention program and program box and it just shuts my computer down as soon as the program opens.

Ive deleted and redownloaded the revention program twice and am still having the same problem.
YOU cannot connect the battery/lipo to the ESC and connect to the LCD and computer, that will blow up your computer...you are lucky your computer just shutted down and is able to restart.

When you 1st install the software, you must install the included USB driver...all of the above are listed on the manual and PDF files.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Tech Initiate

PM sent

SP CS
Speed Passion

Originally Posted by vr6cj
BTW I appriecate the help. thanks,

Ok, so here what happened from start to setup button not working.

I got a new Rev Pro and have ran it fine in 2wd for last couple weeks. Great esc and very smooth. I installed the Reventon software v1.1.0.18 on my win7 laptop shortly after getting esc but nvr used or updated my esc on the laptop. I used just stock software that came with the esc from Speed Passion. Ran mod.

So recently there hasnt been enough for mod class and I wanted to run 17.5 blinky. No software yet, so I waited.

Last week v19 came out.

Cool, download v1.1.0.19 and uninstalled v1.1.0.18 on my laptop then installed v1.1.0.19. Now mind you I havent updated the LCD programmer. so it has v2.2 that it came with stock.

I hooked up the lcd programmer and esc to laptop. Battery is disconectted btw. Started up the Reventon software and I updated to Stock0 v18-b308. Right after the update was succecful I disconnected the esc from lcd programmer. When I go to turn it back on and try to setup I noticed the issue. Setup button wont go into calibration or turn off esc now.

Ok, so go on here to ask about it and one said to make sure the LCD was latest version. I updated the LCD programmer to v2.4 and tried reverting back to the older software and no change. I even unistalled v1.1.0.19 and put v1.1.0.18 back on but that did not fix it.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Boosted? What software are you using?
Sorry
boosted/turbo Open Timing.

it only arrives today, not sure on software.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:11 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottyTC4NZ
Sorry
boosted/turbo Open Timing.

it only arrives today, not sure on software.
Pm me your email Ill send some your way
Old 11-01-2012, 11:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
It cannot....there is limitation of the LED box, it is designed to be used on software like STOCK0, MOD0 and MOD1, it is not designed to use on software like STOCK1 (boost) and software that has the customer brake and drag setting (like the upcoming V20 software)....

I would recommend you to look for the REVENTON LCD card (there is only 1 LCD card...it will work on all the REVENTON SERIES ESC)...and it is updatable and it is "THE CARD" to have...

I am sure someone here on Rctech can spare one cheap, we are waiting for the individual stock for the LCD, LCD does came FREE with the REVENTON PRO ESC. May be should you consider to purchase a REVENTON PRO and get the card free plus a top of the line ESC.
Or easier to buy the bluetooth module...?
Old 11-01-2012, 04:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,
is there a differance between the Speed Passion Competition 3.0 with the silver body and the black body?
I have the silver one and planing to buy a second one.

Greetings
Old 11-01-2012, 05:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Any word on the status of the Reventon Pro approval with ROAR?
Old 11-01-2012, 05:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Solara
I want to ask you...which email you were used to send your 1st email and you saying no one replied your email..? I am trying to do some "postal" to the head office and point fingers....THANKS.
PM sent
Old 11-01-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by subzero2k
Hi,
is there a differance between the Speed Passion Competition 3.0 with the silver body and the black body?

Greetings
The silver is a V3.0 and the darker version is the V3.0 MMM. The MMM is our newest line. The MMM stands for " More torque, More power and More speed". Either motor will work great, but if you want the newest and best motor we offer go for the MMM.

Originally Posted by bvoltz
Any word on the status of the Reventon Pro approval with ROAR?
Nothing official has been released on the Pro, R, or S. The only Revention listed as approved is the Revention Stock Club Race.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:55 PM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default Updating the Reventon LCD card?

How do you update the Reventon LCD card to 2.4? I didn't see it on the Speed Passion website.
Old 11-01-2012, 11:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by subzero2k
Hi,

Greetings
There is no differance , i have both , people here in Holland are saying the darker one is slower but i dont feel any differance

@SPTECH there is the older type V3 motors and a new type V3 motor and the MMM motors ;-)
Old 11-02-2012, 01:37 AM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, thx for the information. You are very fast.
So is the silver one still in production? The silver ones are out of stock at the german distributor since a longer time.

Greetings
Old 11-02-2012, 02:38 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CL
How do you update the Reventon LCD card to 2.4? I didn't see it on the Speed Passion website.
Hold down the reset button then plug it into the computer. The box will say firmware update. Open the reventon program and open the update box on the left, 2.4 will be in the drop down box

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.