Wiki Posts
Search

Is this a good truggy "O'Donnell Z01T"

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)
Default Is this a good truggy "O'Donnell Z01T"

I have a chance to buy a O'Donnell Z01T Truggy. Does anyone know if this is a good one? I've never owned a truggy and looking for a roller to put a vspec on. I stumbled on one of these. Not necessarily needed to race but I would like a durable one.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

take a gander at the zo1t thread on here. itll have everything you want to know.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Landmines
I have a chance to buy a O'Donnell Z01T Truggy. Does anyone know if this is a good one? I've never owned a truggy and looking for a roller to put a vspec on. I stumbled on one of these. Not necessarily needed to race but I would like a durable one.
Yeah..its very durable....you will be very happy with it. There is a Z01T thred back a page or so...you can get all the info you might need there.
Old 01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

What's a good price for a roller? No motor, electronics or tires. It has a few extras with a nice body.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Landmines
What's a good price for a roller? No motor, electronics or tires. It has a few extras with a nice body.
Yes, the O'Donnell truggy is a good platform to start out on. It's super durable, easy to drive, and parts are inexpensive. It's not the newest truggy, but it's still very capable.

For the roller you described, low $200's if it's in excellent shape. More if there are lots of spares included. Send me a pm if you get it. I've got some setups that you can try to start out with.
Old 01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

not really paid attenetion to them cuz i dont run them but this is what i do when i buy used rollers

what does he want for it. i never pay more than half of retail and if i can i try to work them down to 1/3 incase you have to fix anything. take a good look at bottom of chassis beins that one of the biggest expenses, then work your way out from there, ie price of diffs for the truck cuz they are the next biggest expense. basically your trying to walk away with a fresh roller for half retail. if you cant then in the end its not worth it.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I love em. I've got three of them. They are extremely durable, and parts are pretty cheap. The only problem I've had with them is diff stripping out, but if they are shimmed right they are fine.
Old 01-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mudslinger
I love em. I've got three of them. They are extremely durable, and parts are pretty cheap. The only problem I've had with them is diff stripping out, but if they are shimmed right they are fine.
do you have 3 shims behind the pinion gear?
Old 01-26-2011, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Yeah, you have to set them at ZERO backlash. I haven't had a single stripped diff issue when shimming them in this manner. Check play and re-shim if needed every gallon or so, and you're good to go.
Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Location: a very small town in wisconsin that is in the middle of absolutely no where
Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmaxey51
do you have 3 shims behind the pinion gear?
Originally Posted by Stubbs
Yeah, you have to set them at ZERO backlash. I haven't had a single stripped diff issue when shimming them in this manner. Check play and re-shim if needed every gallon or so, and you're good to go.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:16 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mudslinger

USE THE LOSI 8IGHT-T DIFF HOUSE WITH THE METAL INSERTS. IT FITS PERFECT AND WONT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THE HOUSING MELTING. I RUN MY Z01T WITH A .28 MOTOR
Old 05-28-2011, 08:52 AM
Tech Adept

Talking

Originally Posted by Stubbs
I originally shimed my diffs tight and have been running the same pinion and crowns since new. This is my third season with the truck, it's been great!
Old 06-09-2011, 06:28 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey guys....any chance you could give me a measurement for the Front and Rear shock body's??

Thanks in advance....
Old 08-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Tech Rookie

Smile z01t & z01b parts

hi everyone, I'm a distributor for O'Donnell products in Malta Europe, I made my order from Hobbico a few weeks ago and within 2-3weeks I will receive them.
I will have all the parts available including diff housing(bulkhead)
for more info or to contact me, please check my website at 4wheelhobby.com
thanks