2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Have you been hired. I need a world class pit bitch!!!!
Old 10-19-2004, 10:52 AM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by One4u2nv
xxxkat- Sanyo redid the cell so it way better now.

I just checked some of the latest Sanyo cells and if they are improved itès not showing up on our machines.

430 - 450 with 1.13 - 1.17 voltage. Actual IR of 3.0 - 4.0.

Glad to hear they aren't legal for the Worlds because Sanyo was rumored to have done hand made cells for the worlds before.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:03 PM
Tech Master

I´m happy your alert!!
Old 10-19-2004, 02:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by Danny/SMC
I just checked some of the latest Sanyo cells and if they are improved itès not showing up on our machines.

430 - 450 with 1.13 - 1.17 voltage. Actual IR of 3.0 - 4.0.

Glad to hear they aren't legal for the Worlds because Sanyo was rumored to have done hand made cells for the worlds before.
The only time I recall handmade cells being used was at the 12th scale Worlds in Grand Rapids 1992. The cells were from Panasonic (P170s) and only US companies had them. A pack with the handmade cells weighed a whopping 30 grams more per pack compared to the standard Panasonics that the European drivers had to use...

And as far as I know Sanyo was not planning on using handmade cells but cells that are on the market today. Nevertheless, I think this is the only decision IFMAR could have made after apparantly messing up Sanyo's original request for homologation.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:18 PM
Company Representative

Tony
Old 10-19-2004, 02:30 PM
Company Representative

Tony,

We all know that the current Sanyo cell will not compete with the GP cell. So if Sanyo wanted to compete they would of had to figure away to make a better cell. It took them awhile to release the 3600 and it's not very good.

Like I said there is a rumor about handmade Sanyo cells.

To even add to this rumour I heard that Sanyo was going to sue IFMAR if their cells weren't legal but another major company was going to sue if the Sanyo's were legal.

As far as i'm concerned if IFMAR would properly tech cells I wouldn't care if Sanyo would be legal. I just don't want special cells to be used and give an unfair advantage.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by tonyv
The only time I recall handmade cells being used was at the 12th scale Worlds in Grand Rapids 1992. The cells were from Panasonic (P170s) and only US companies had them. A pack with the handmade cells weighed a whopping 30 grams more per pack compared to the standard Panasonics that the European drivers had to use...

And as far as I know Sanyo was not planning on using handmade cells but cells that are on the market today. Nevertheless, I think this is the only decision IFMAR could have made after apparantly messing up Sanyo's original request for homologation.
Those weren't hand made, those were "injected!", literally
Old 10-19-2004, 05:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rangulo
Have you been hired. I need a world class pit bitch!!!!
I was Snached up last week. Hey I saw your brother, at this Holoween store he was doing some filming, I guess he was working.

Let me know if you need help though.
Old 10-20-2004, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Looks like we're gettin close guys! I hear that more and more people are flooding into town for this event!
Old 10-20-2004, 07:18 PM
Suspended

You know guys.. I will be taking probably a few thousand photos while i'm at the worlds.. I have one big complaint..

the wheels on touring cars.. they are all dish wheels.. You can't tell motion in the cars because of the dish wheels. TimPotter (user on rctech) makes wheel decals that rock and will also let your car look "in motion" in photos.

without decals:

with decals:

and

see how much nicer that looks...
Old 10-20-2004, 09:58 PM
R/C Tech Founder

We used decals for the XRC TC shootout, and you're right, they make the cars look badass.

I am now sticking this thread so we can use it for race results and such. There will be a few people at the track helping to relay info, incxluding Jarrod, some of my guys, and at least a handful of others.

Enjoy the race!
Old 10-21-2004, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Howard
Those weren't hand made, those were "injected!", literally
Maxcell or MC2 (squared) was advertising "injected" cells. Along with those.... a certain other company had cells that were sent through the process twice to over "stuff" the cells. Those were the cells to look out for......
Old 10-21-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Addict

Default onsite supplies?

Given some last minute challenges (not just by IFMAR but also my own fault), any chance of the onsite hobby shop having any 12th scale Protoform Speed12 or CEFX bodies? The Speed12 bodies I got at the last minute over the web showed up with manufacturing defects (i.e., bad plastic) in the right rear corner!!

Also - since I can't take on the airplane

- spray paint (bright red if possible)
- TQ (8 minute) Red traction compound

Will there be a 12v supply for truing tires?
Old 10-21-2004, 08:11 AM
Suspended

I don't beleive there will be a 12V power supply, maybe Jorge can confirm this later tonight (I'm sure he's at the track right now)

If you're renting a car while in town.. pop the hood!
Old 10-21-2004, 08:29 AM
Tech Regular

barry s- Call Jeff Brown at supperior hobbies.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.