2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

I know I'm writing in the wrong place, but I've looked elsewhere and can't find any info.

So can anybody tell me where I can get some results from the Worlds 1/10th IC in Brazil.

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-15-2004, 12:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by johnbull
I know I'm writing in the wrong place, but I've looked elsewhere and can't find any info.

So can anybody tell me where I can get some results from the Worlds 1/10th IC in Brazil.

Thanks in advance.
Here you go http://www.radiocontrolzone.com/foru...d.php?t=179186
Old 10-15-2004, 12:14 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by johnbull
I'm afraid I have to agree entirely.

This is an RC thread. Let's keep it this way.

Racist comments never did anyone any good, and this is certainly not the place for them.

I have never been to South Africa, but I'm sure it is a lovely place. At the end of the day every country has it's good and bad points.
But the picture was funny!
Old 10-15-2004, 12:44 AM
Tech Adept

Default South Africa Comment

To Speedxl,

I don't care if this is a racing thread, speedxl you need to apologize.

I live in South Africa, your picture suggests that you're quite an ignorant idiot.

I take offense to your comment and picture. Do not bring your obvious lack of self-respect and arrogant attitude to this thread.

Perhaps you should visit South Africa, ask the drivers that raced in the 2002 Ifmar champs what its like here before you judge.

You make me sick!!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 01:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by nolan_racing
PW,
I think you got your dates wrong. 26th is a Tuesday and so on.
Can someone confirm that registration is on the 26th TUESDAY and so on, meaning that final day is 30th SATURDAY.

I have already arranged fligths for the 31st SUNDAY.
Old 10-15-2004, 01:34 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: South Africa Comment

Originally posted by Punkynutt
To Speedxl,

I don't care if this is a racing thread, speedxl you need to apologize.

I live in South Africa, your picture suggests that you're quite an ignorant idiot.

I take offense to your comment and picture. Do not bring your obvious lack of self-respect and arrogant attitude to this thread.

Perhaps you should visit South Africa, ask the drivers that raced in the 2002 Ifmar champs what its like here before you judge.

You make me sick!!!!!
I was there.
We did not see any elephants, and yes, all at the track was realy kind and helpful.
But some of us got robbed by fake police ( incl. Masami ), so we where scared as hell.
Even Dallas was robbed, or should we say, they tried. 3 of them.
Big mistake by them
Old 10-15-2004, 01:47 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: Re: South Africa Comment

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
I was there.
We did not see any elephants, and yes, all at the track was realy kind and helpful.
But some of us got robbed by fake police ( incl. Masami ), so we where scared as hell.
Even Dallas was robbed, or should we say, they tried. 3 of them.
Big mistake by them
Show me a country without crime. And how does this justify the comment and the picture that South Africa smells.......

You will find that, as South Africans, most of us are peaceful and colourful people, but will NEVER take insults lightly!!

If only i can meet this "speedxl" in person and show how serious we get when insulted.......we've had hundreds of years of this and no more!!!!
Old 10-15-2004, 02:01 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by SA
Speedxl,

I do not believe that your South Africa comment (picture) is called for. What have we done to you to insult us like this?

Have you ever been to SA? Maybe you should ask the people that came out during the 2002 Worlds. Come and speak to us at the worlds, please. I am sure you will be pleasantly surprised.
SA, I've sent you PM.....
Old 10-15-2004, 02:39 AM
Tech Initiate

It is hard to have a fair world.
BUT at least, we shall try HARD to be fair to each other. No discrimination please.
Everyone has his human rights. We are all human beings. Nobody could have absolute power over others. The picture posted by speedxl makes me sick too.

Speedxl please apologize.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:10 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Schedule for I.S.T.C.

Sorry guys....Days have been corrected
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Old 10-15-2004, 11:37 AM
Tech Adept

Default Latest from IFMAR (confirms revious posts)

Here is the latest from IFMAR which confirms what ROAR has previously posted:

Rick Wilson, ROAR President

The below is the letter received Oct. 15 from IFMAR:

Jundiai, Brazil – October 15, 2004

TO: EFRA, ROAR, FEMCA & FAMAR

SUBJECT: SANYO 3600 CELLS

Dear Members

Due to some inconsistencies in the approval procedure and misunderstandings between the Blocs and IFMAR, a decision has been taken, with the approval of the majority of the Blocs, that the Sanyo RC-3600HV cells will not be allowed to be used at the 2004 IFMAR 1/12th and 1/10th ISTC World Championships to be held in Kissimmee, Florida, U.S.A.

After realising these inconsistencies, IFMAR asked Sanyo if it would be possible to have enough battery packs available at the events for use by all drivers so that the Sanyo RC-3600HV batteries could be allowed – as they should have been. The Sanyo representative spent many hours trying to obtain sufficient packs from Sanyo’s distributors but, unfortunately, with the limited time available, it was impossible to arrange for enough packs to be made available which meant that not all competitors would be able to use the RC-3600HV packs. It was felt by IFMAR, as well as Sanyo, that this would obviously make the events unfair for many competitors.

This left IFMAR in the position that it had no option but to disallow the use of the RC-3600HV cells at the 2004 IFMAR Electric World Championship events.

Sanyo has been informed and, in the interest of conducting fair World Championships, has kindly agreed with this decision.

The Sanyo RC-3600HV cells (packs) will be legal for any future IFMAR Electric World Championship events held after the conclusion of the 2004 World Championships and will be included in the IFMAR Approved Battery List following the completion of the 2004 IFMAR events in Florida.

In the interests of fair play, the above decision is the only one that IFMAR, with the co-operation of Sanyo, can make.

It is therefore requested that all competitors in your Bloc who intend to compete at the 2004 IFMAR events in Florida be informed of the above decision without delay.

Yours sincerely
John Grant
President, IFMAR.

Jundiai, Brazil – October 15, 2004

URGENT NOTICE TO: EFRA, ROAR, FEMCA & FAMAR

RE: 2004 IFMAR ELECTRIC ON-ROAD BODYSHELL LIST

Dear Members

Please notify all drivers in your Bloc who are intending to compete at the 2004 IFMAR Electric On-road World

Championships to be held in Kissimmee, Florida, U.S.A. that the following bodyshells have been included on the IFMAR Electric On-road Bodyshell List for use at the events:

1/12th Class - PARMA Bentley Speed 8, PROTOFORM Speed 12

1/10th ISTC Class - PROTOFORM Mazda 6.

Your early attention to the distribution of this urgent notice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
John Grant
President, IFMAR.
Old 10-15-2004, 09:05 PM
R/C Tech Founder

PW: Thanks for the info!
Old 10-15-2004, 09:48 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

I dont think the no 3600's matters anyway..junk..
Old 10-16-2004, 04:12 AM

xxxkat- Sanyo redid the cell so it way better now.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Elite

Well, just about to jump on a 747 to fly back in time (land before we take off, real time)
The fun of living down under.
Looking forward to the southern hospitality

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.