Like Tree3Likes

Tamiya TRF415

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 03:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by LeoChan
Now used 2 belts coming next belt.
easy to long !
my friend use 23T motor same about 50pack battery will too long !
can't use !
That is very strange....
Anyone else had this problem yet??
KO Racer, does your Tech do this???
Old 03-15-2004, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by rccarracer
I've always considered it as they way you look at it on the setup sheet, so this means look from the front of the car.....
Thats the way i have taken it but just wanted to be sure as it is the other way up to in the instructions. Rick
Old 03-15-2004, 04:02 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by Rick Draper
Thats the way i have taken it but just wanted to be sure as it is the other way up to in the instructions. Rick
You mean the way you build in the manual is different to the setup sheets from the TITC race???
Old 03-15-2004, 04:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

You mean the way you build in the manual is different to the setup sheets from the TITC race???
If I remember from my 414M, if you swap them to the other side, it allows a lower ride height and slightly different geometry.....
But it may not be the case in the TRF415.
Old 03-15-2004, 04:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

If I remember from my 414M, if you swap them to the other side, it allows a lower ride height and slightly different geometry.....
But it may not be the case in the TRF415.
Yes the setupo sheets are different to how the manual instructs you to build it. Was just not sure why they would do this when all the team drivers seem to build it the other way! Rick
Old 03-15-2004, 04:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Yes the setupo sheets are different to how the manual instructs you to build it. Was just not sure why they would do this when all the team drivers seem to build it the other way! Rick
Maybe someone can give us some more insight into this....
Old 03-15-2004, 07:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Flipping C1 and C2 (from instructions) changes front roll center and in affect gives you much more aggressive steering. After flipping it, you will need to change your setup to tone it down

Downtravel, drop, rebound stroke...there are many ways to measure it. You can:

1) Use setup wheels, measure the ride height, and then lift from the center of each end until the setup wheels lift, measure that and the difference would be downtravel. That's how some setups call for 2mm or 3mm etc...

2) Take off the wheels and place chassis on the setup board, use calipers and measure from the top of the axles to the board. A lot of drivers do this, that's why sometimes you'll see measurements like 24.5mm or 25mm every now and then.

3) Take off the wheels and place chassis on the setup board and using a ride height gauge, measure the lowest point on the suspension. Try to find a reference point and always measure from there. Typically this would be the hub for the rear suspsension. On the front, draw an imaginary line vertically from the outer hinge pin and measure from there. After setting, ride height, camber, etc. put some setup wheels on and adjust spring preload to take out tweak. Some setups using this measurement will have something like 5mm, 6.5mm, 7mm etc.

It would help if the authors of the seutp sheet would note how they measured this.

I hope this helps.
Old 03-15-2004, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default New part

Item 53685 ---------------------------------TRF415 Front Bridge Suspension Mount (A)
Old 03-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Re: New part

Originally posted by tomdav
Item 53685 ---------------------------------TRF415 Front Bridge Suspension Mount (A)
Hmmm I wonder what that does
Old 03-15-2004, 12:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default rear diff pulley wobbles

has anyone else noticed this?

Somehow, the holes for the diff balls are slightly larger than normal. In the other cars, you had to pop the balls into the holes and they won't fall out by themeselves. But the with the 415 the hole are big enough that the diff balls could fall out by themselves.

As such, there is a little play for the position of the pulley in between the diff plates after assembly. With that play, if the pulley is not aligned propperly, it could wobble a bit.

Although this is easily fixed by aligning the pulley, it coudl go off easily during a race or a carsh. It is not severe enough to cause a problem, but I'd imagine it does rub off some speed and acceralation.

Any thoughts on this?

By the way, the car is fantastic. I had an EVO3 before and find the 415 to be more nimble and handles a lot better. I just raced my EVO3 again yesterday after running the 415 for a couple o weeks. The EVO3 was still good but felt heavy in comparison.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:44 PM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Also on the tamiya setup sheets when you see the part about C1 and C2 front steering blocks does it mean right and left when you look at the front of the car or right and left from the back of the car looking forwards? Rick
I think the last one is right. When you look from the back of the car to the front. That is the same as with the "big" cars if you sit in the car. Thatīs also as in the manual.
Old 03-15-2004, 03:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by V12
I think the last one is right. When you look from the back of the car to the front. That is the same as with the "big" cars if you sit in the car. Thatīs also as in the manual.
I wondered that but then it does show the suspension as looking at the front of the car. Rick
Old 03-15-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

We are anticipating on receiving the TRF415 sometimes towards the end of this week or beginning of the next

Those of you that have pre-ordered will receive an email from us tonight requesting confirmation on the pre-order. Those of you that are still thinking about it, we ordered enough so there's still room on the first batch that's coming in.

Steve Wang
Old 03-15-2004, 04:10 PM
Regional Moderator

That is very strange....
Anyone else had this problem yet??
KO Racer, does your Tech do this???
I havent had any problems with belts as of yet . But does sound awful strange
Old 03-15-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

leo chann very nice advatar waht kinda body is that racing touring cars round my area its the ALFA the SPEED6 u don't see GT-1 type bodies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.