Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Tech Rookie

AHH OK! Cool THANKS VERY VERY MUCH!! For all the info, It helped ALOT!!
Old 03-18-2007, 08:53 PM
Tech Rookie

Default 1/10 and 1/8 scale engines?

I was wondering something, I seen some O.S. Engines that say they are for 1/8, Now can a engine for a 1/8 fit into a 1/10 RC?? Are they bigger or the same size? If you could any info about the engines and fitting the biggest engine you could in a 1/10 would be great, Thanks
Old 03-18-2007, 09:03 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

TL isnt behind the roller thing. It was horizon. Team losi wanted it to be a kit, but Horizon makes more money off of RTR then kits. So the roller is a mid point between the 2 companies. Since horizon owns losi, they did what they could to keep it as non RTR as possible
Old 03-19-2007, 12:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

& here I thought NewNitro forgot an important word that accompanies the word Roller, which is Skating, yes Roller Skating which was a fun pass time when I was young....try Googling that my friend - Roller Skating, and if you find yourself loving Roller Skating perhaps try out this movie Xanadu which features music from great artist like the Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John....Trust me I think you'll love it oh yes the the good ole 8ighties......the team @ Losi are on to sumfin....anyway back to sniffing Nitro fumes, i love 20% it really gets in and unblocks me sinus
Old 03-19-2007, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by A_Chair_In_Hell
& here I thought NewNitro forgot an important word that accompanies the word Roller, which is Skating, yes Roller Skating which was a fun pass time when I was young....try Googling that my friend - Roller Skating, and if you find yourself loving Roller Skating perhaps try out this movie Xanadu which features music from great artist like the Bee Gees and Olivia Newton John....Trust me I think you'll love it oh yes the the good ole 8ighties......the team @ Losi are on to sumfin....anyway back to sniffing Nitro fumes, i love 20% it really gets in and unblocks me sinus
You like 20%, you should try 30%. It gets the tears going, and the lungs burning like no other.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:47 AM
Tech Rookie

Default wow

Wow I wasnt even born yet lol that movie came out in 1980 right? I wasnt born till 81, But anyways does anyone have any info on the engine question I asked?? Thanks
Old 03-20-2007, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quick question about the 8ight/8ight T. I have an OFNA Chrome top starter box, ive been told that it will not work on the 8ight/8ight T. Is this true? If so, which box fits the best. Thanks much!
Old 03-20-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

The ofna blue/chrome top starter box works just fine on the 8B and 8T. You just need to be a little creative. My buddy ground down the stock plastic locator pieces and used some aluminum angle stock to get an idiot proof fit. His box works great as does mine.

If you have little mechanical skills you might want to just get the Losi starter box.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Rookie

Hello, I got my 8t about 2 weeks ago (replaced a small gear CRT) & am completely in LOVE with the truck.....aside from the SAE hardware, but I have noticed something on the two that are here. They get VERY wet up front like the tank is leaking but it appears to be spent fuel & can't tell where it is coming from, the buggy seems to do it a little but the truck does it alot. Has anybody else seen this & or maybe know the answer? Aside from that the truck is DIALED .5sec per lap faster than my CRT I couldn't ask for more
Old 03-22-2007, 10:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Default TRX 3.3

Anyone have any input on the TRX 3.3 engine? How good do you think it is? Fast? Strong? Just wondering cause I'm doing a trade and am getting a rustler with a trx 3.3 in it,
Old 03-22-2007, 10:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The chrome top does work - though I did have to do some MINOR grinding on the flywheel opening. I pretty much just had to take the corner off the sides, I realy didn't have to grind into it. When I first heard of guys donig this, I thought I'd never do it myself - but once I realized how little I had to take off, I really dont know why guys are affraid to do it this way.

What I did after I had the alignment correct was "paint" the sides of the flywheel opening on the chassis with white out and then drop it back on the starter box while it was wet. When you take it off you can then tell which side, if any, is hitting the starter wheel. You can keep doing this until you dont see any white left on your starter wheel. IT doesn't take much grinding with a dremel to get it just right.
Old 03-22-2007, 04:13 PM
Tech Rookie

*** King Headz Extended Wheel Hubs for the Losi 8ight T and Mugen MBX- 5T Truggys. ***
They are 12.7MM / 1/2" longer then the stock hubs so you can run zero offset
rims without changing width.
These are sold in a set of (4) hubs and (4) flanged nuts.
These are available in Black only.
They are in stock and ready to ship.

http://kingheadz.com/partzlinklosi8.html#KP-246+12.7

Old 03-26-2007, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default Racin

We finally got to race the truggy,I Qualified 3rd For the Main.......Warmed up,I pulled into the start lane ......got refueled........30second warning.......It Flamed Out....@$#%&*%%

Anyway.I loved the way that it handled,It jumped WELL..it went through the ruff stuff easily,And man this thing TURN'S.............

And it is durable..Got slammed three times in one Qualifier LOL!! I had no Issue's at all!! We'll except for the mentioned FLAME OUT!!!! LOL!!

Anyway it was another Great Day of R.C.
I did happen to Sneak In an TQ and Win in 1/10th mod truck........
I will be heading to HeberSpring's Ark thursday....Gonna try this thing out at the first round of the Ark.ProSerie's....

Wish me luck i sure need it...LOL!!

Last edited by Factory Seal; 03-26-2007 at 07:28 PM. Reason: fix
Old 03-26-2007, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
Wish me luck i sure need it...LOL!!

wishing you luck

drive it like you stole it
Old 03-26-2007, 07:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default racin

"Thank You" "I Will"

Last edited by Factory Seal; 03-26-2007 at 07:16 PM. Reason: Fix

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.