Wiki Posts
Search

Bumps and Jumps 09/10 offroad season

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 04:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
I would like to thank whoever walked away with my McDaniel ignitor w/meter!!
Man that's weird, I lost a glow ignitor and a small tuning screwdriver the week before (Christmas weekend). I am definitely not leaving ANYTHING small lay on the starter table anymore!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wyd
I raced nitro offroad with GT's back many many years ago when they had a pretty big following and raced some trucks on the dirt ovals on and off the last 2 or 3 years. The oval I would run two or three times a year. Normally I run oval a few times and just don't feel it so I go back to offroad. Touring car is by far my favorite but the really nice tracks are too far away and they cost alot of money to feed tires to. THey are hungary for thats for sure. 1 to 2 tenths a lap if your not running tires with less than 2 or 3 runs on them at most asphalt tracks. Carpet racing on rubber tires I could get about 2 weeks or so and then need fresh tires.

The SCT racing has been great for me as it is very affordable and most tracks run close enough rules that I can go to many different tracks and have a good time. Tough to beat Spec SCT racing. More and more guys are running it as money becomes tighter.
he actually ran an 8th scale buggy for i think was 2 tanks of fuel but couldn't stand the mess it made for him to clean up so sold it quick
Old 01-06-2010, 07:21 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by lappdawg27
Man that's weird, I lost a glow ignitor and a small tuning screwdriver the week before (Christmas weekend). I am definitely not leaving ANYTHING small lay on the starter table anymore!
Definetly not cool, from now on my ignitor is going straight in my pocket after I start my engine.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:21 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thhrc
he actually ran an 8th scale buggy for i think was 2 tanks of fuel but couldn't stand the mess it made for him to clean up so sold it quick
Not sure if I made 2 tanks.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Definetly not cool, from now on my ignitor is going straight in my pocket after I start my engine.
No matter the track your at this is always the best thing to do.

Look over the years I only had one thing stolen and the theif did it while I went up to race my heat race. They stole a Max Mox tire machine right of the tire truing station. It was their when I went to race and 5 minutes later after my heat it was gone!!!!!!!!! I have a few ideas who it was but couldn't prove it but safe to say if I would of he was in for a long night. This one really had me pissed as I had it out and available for all to use when I raced. No need to steal it as I didn't charge anything to use it.

Other than that over the 20 years of racing I had various misc. tools borrowed and where not brought back but honestly it was not malicious like my tire machine. I got the tool back eventually as they just forgot when they packed up or where in a hurry before a heat race and just plain forgot to bring it back. Hey I have done it but I do return it.
Old 01-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I think there are a couple glow ignighters and screwdrivers in the lost and found.

Believe it or not there has not been much that walked away at bumps over the years, most people bring stuff to me saying they found it, or I see it the next day laying somewhere.
If it continues to be a problem I will install a camera over the starting area.
There are a couple in the pits, I think I can add 16 to the system - I think I have 8 now - So I have the room to expand if I need to.
Old 01-07-2010, 03:05 AM

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

cameras. good grief, a bit much. only takes 1 clown to spoil the fun. granted as convenient as it is to leave ur stuff out there, its leaving your stuff unattended. hmm....it should all work itself out i'm sure.

R
Old 01-07-2010, 03:53 AM
Tech Apprentice

Cameras now it will be just like the GOVERMENT BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING!!!!!
Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 AM

put ur name on the stuff as best u can. i've even seen guys do on, for instance, their starter boxes what we did in the film world. ingrave 'stolen from YOUR NAME' on the box. that way if folks saw some1 who wasnt you with your box, that wouldnt look good now would it?

R
Old 01-07-2010, 08:40 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Name on certain items like a glow driver is easy enough to do or the starter box. I always had a different color starter box so mine stoo out vs all the other ones.

Like I mentioned glow ignitors are one thing that when guys are in a hurry they use whatever one they see on the tables and sometimes they just forget in the moment to put it back. This is an isolated case and not the norm.

On another note we are going to have two more Spec Slash racers in the near future. Two friends of mine bought new ones last night and all the stuff to go with it. Sunday they are coming in to work on them and get them setup for Tuesdays practice. They ran rental Slashs on Tuesday and did exceptionally well on the layout we have. They can't wait to start running after the many years of not running. Both use to run at PS back in the day when they where young kids. Great to have them back racing.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

i have still been trying to find time to get there.if its not one thing its another...lol
but looking forward to running sct there.i just need to purchase another airtronics 2.4 and im good to go.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:27 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by morris
i have still been trying to find time to get there.if its not one thing its another...lol
but looking forward to running sct there.i just need to purchase another airtronics 2.4 and im good to go.
Are you looking for just a receiver or a whole Airtronics radio system?

You will have a good time. SCT class is killer at Bumps and so is the 2wd mod buggy. Those classes get great turnouts and great racing going on in those classes. Mod truck has been doing well and 1/8 at leat on points days does well to. So far been a great year for offroad at Bumps. Great support shown by the racers.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:48 AM

Selling 1 of my onyx 230s, my m11 that i dont use (along w/spektrum tx/rx), my TP 5000mah lipo, my 008, and still as undecided....1 or 2 of my 2wds. tekin rs is fair game if any1 wants it.

R
Old 01-07-2010, 02:36 PM

baas haas, i'll keep my lrp unless u found a buyer already

R
Old 01-07-2010, 04:10 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by ultegrasti
Selling 1 of my onyx 230s, my m11 that i dont use (along w/spektrum tx/rx), my TP 5000mah lipo, my 008, and still as undecided....1 or 2 of my 2wds. tekin rs is fair game if any1 wants it.

R
That TP lipo is nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.