Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

Tamiya F201

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 10:27 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2
Are you looking for blue or gunmetal? The gun metal ones are available in a few different placed I have found online.
the gun metal ones would be fine, I found some online but the price for 2 sets is about the same as what I paid for the whole car….
Old 05-10-2016, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

A F201 with 3Racing chassis just arrived, it needs option rockers now, I'm still looking for them, thanks.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:10 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Gurney - you and I might be the only two people active on this thread any more, ha!

I still need BLUE rockers as well but have not had any luck finding them. As you noted, the gunmetal ones are still somewhat readily available but I'm still holding out for blue ones.

I have been able to find quite a bit of original and aftermarket parts for the F201 at various places throughout the world. Only problem is that I'm spending almost as much in shipping as I am parts since I can only get a part or two from the same online shop.

I will snap some pics of my car in the next few weeks and get them posted. I'm taking the approach of building the F201 as if it were a current production car. I'm having to fab quite a few parts to get it where I want it.

Are there any other parts other than rockers that you are needing?

I have wondered if the TA06 rockers could be made to fit? Looks like they are at 90° rather than ~110° so I'm not sure if that effects the geometry enough to cause an issue or not.

Nice to know there is someone else out there building one of these.
Old 05-10-2016, 09:01 AM
Tech Adept

I thought the same about TA06 rockers but they seem to be too big, the bearing is the same but the TA06 rocker got 2 of them and look much more thick. I'd like to try the car in 2WD and see how it can compete against new F1 chassis on a carpet track, but first I need wheels that can fit the Pit or the other tires for F104 type chassis. Except the rockers I could find the needed parts, also need new bodies, Ferrari and Williams ones as I have Williams and Sauber spare decals, TBG bodies would be fine.
Except Tamiya wheels, which ones fit ?

Last edited by Gurneyflap; 05-10-2016 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:43 AM
Tech Adept

I'll read through the previous pages of this forum this week and see if I can find out about the wheels. I'm positive I have read somewhere what wheels are usable with the Pit tires. I'm pretty sure the Sakura FX wheels are an option but I will verify.

Are you going to run the stock type battery pack or are you converting everything over to a shorty?

How are you going to deal with gearing? (2.6 FDR)

I've had a few F1's over the years (2wd) and I'm not thinking the F201 will be overly compatable with them in 2wd mode but I could be wrong. I think weight and gearing will be stacked against you pretty heavily.

Regardless, the F201 is the coolest design I've seen yet and definitely worth the time to revive even if it won't be on the top of the podium.

I'm planning on setting mine up with a 17.5 and will run with a full body to protect the suspension. Our 17.5 class is small and fairly laid back so I'm going to try it out there for fun.

Last edited by RollingChicane2; 05-10-2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 05-10-2016, 12:31 PM
Tech Adept

I did a little bit of research and it looks like the original HPI 10 rims will work with the Pit tires. Ride also makes one set of wheels that will work on the F201 with the Pit tires as well as the Ride F1 tires.

http://rc-ride.co.jp/en/products/wheels/wheels-f1
Old 05-10-2016, 11:07 PM
Tech Champion

I still have a bunch of F201 parts left over from my web shop. Pretty sure I don't have the blue rockers but I might have the 3Racing ones. I think I have wheels too.
Old 05-11-2016, 12:28 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
I still have a bunch of F201 parts left over from my web shop. Pretty sure I don't have the blue rockers but I might have the 3Racing ones. I think I have wheels too.
I'm interested in the rockers and wheels, send you a PM
Old 05-11-2016, 12:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by RollingChicane2
I did a little bit of research and it looks like the original HPI 10 rims will work with the Pit tires. Ride also makes one set of wheels that will work on the F201 with the Pit tires as well as the Ride F1 tires.

http://rc-ride.co.jp/en/products/wheels/wheels-f1
yes, thanks, I saw the same. Gearing and weight are the low points of course but with the new light packs there's room for improvement, I even found packs which could sit beside the engine.
Old 05-11-2016, 04:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Hi InspGadgt, other than the rockers and wheels, do you have a list of what all parts you have? I'd def be interested in a CF rear damper stay if you have one. Open to any other parts as well.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:03 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gurneyflap
yes, thanks, I saw the same. Gearing and weight are the low points of course but with the new light packs there's room for improvement, I even found packs which could sit beside the engine.
How is your car coming along Gurney? I am probably 1-2 weeks away from getting mine ready to go. I have a few parts left to make and then I will take some pics and post them.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:21 AM
Tech Adept

Not before months for mine, I'm still waiting for InspGadgt answer for the rockers/wheels, I weighed the car with 3racing chassis, could be about 1150 Gr in 2WD.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Gurneyflap
Not before months for mine, I'm still waiting for InspGadgt answer for the rockers/wheels, I weighed the car with 3racing chassis, could be about 1150 Gr in 2WD.
Have you seen the low profile shorty packs? They are 156g. I have one on the way.
I purchased some CF sheets and am working on a few parts. I am also working on getting 64P spurs to work. If everything works, i think I can easily get gearing in the 3.7 range.
Im still looking for the Blue rockers but I cant find them anywhere.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:57 AM
Tech Adept

I use LRP LCG shorty packs since last year, they are 170 Gr, I like the idea of shorty saddle, heavier but with a length of 57 mm you could put one beside the motor. There's a carbon chassis by TechRacing if you can find one, without upper deck.
Old 05-16-2016, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Here is a list of what I have done so far:

3Racing CF chassis conversion

CF Front Damper Stay
CF Rear Damper Stay
CF shorty Lipo thin battery brackets
CG front A-Arm brace
(I could not find these so I purchased a sheet of CF and made all of my own)
TB03 spur gear holder, modified to accept 64P spur gears
Blue shock bodies with true pistons
Aftermarket springs
Tamiya blue adjustable links in all locations
Blue servo saver
Low profile shorty battery

I still need the Blue Rocker arms and a small ESC to get it complete. I am also trying to find xceed wide rear foam tires but I can't find anyone who sells them. These are not critical to finish the project however.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.