Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Xcelorin S Brushless Electronic Speed Control

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Tech Regular

Default Losi Xcelorin S Brushless Electronic Speed Control

If I put a Losi speed controller in a Associated TC5 will it create a singularity and be suck into another dimension?

Saw this thing being developed, the software interface looks promising. Anyone have more info on the controller?

Old 03-27-2008, 10:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There's already a thread about this in the Electronics threads

http://rctech.net/forum/showthread.php?t=214187

BTW, that's funny about the singularity...
Old 03-27-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Cough, Novak GTB, cough, cough
Old 03-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (98%+)

you are right COUGH
looks very similar with the Novaks in the switch, esc, fan and motor
except for the color
and since novak is not making a losi 8 electric conversion hmmmmm
Old 03-27-2008, 11:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

you guys seem to have something in your throat, maybe it's your foot? It's not a Novak system, it has the wires coming out at the same spots but that's it.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Boo to Losi for copying the Novak GTB. Sure Matt its not made by Novak but Novak spent many years/money to be able to produce the GTB. So now Losi takes the Novak GTB and gives it to their many sources in China to have them copy. They could of at least made a copy that doesn't look like a Novak. What a great example of a American company.....I am sure Gil Sr. could appreciate this product with the Losi name on it.

Maybe Novak should take the Losi 1/8 buggy and send to China and produce the RTR electric version and sell back to Horizon. hmmmm I wonder how many Horizon would order.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure there's no way Novak would let someone release an OEM version of their stuff that's apparently more advanced (programming interface) than the product currently on the market. Plus, both parties have denied any working relationship on this product here in the past when spy pics showed up. Though they did work together on a RTR Brushless thing a while back.

It's good to see something new on the market. The fact that it's the same footprint as the GTB seems like a testament to Novak's engineering, considering the GTB is what, 3 years old now?

Anyway, go Losi! I thought for sure they were going to release this under the Spektrum brand.
Old 03-27-2008, 12:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

If Novak doesn't have some stake in this thing than Losi is going to be sued. This thing looks like a Novak in every way, even the Cap looks the same! I find it hard to believe that you can have all those components placed identically and not have substantial similarities in the board. I would bet if you took the heatsink off you would even find the same mosfet arrangement. If they get away with it Kudos to Losi as the PC interface is needed for brushless and it would be nice if Novak would produce that for the GTB. hint. hint. Charlie I know you're reading this
Old 03-27-2008, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

forget about the Novak, it looks like another rebadged Feigao product, Speed passion is selling it as the "Feigao" speed control.
Old 03-27-2008, 05:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

A black GTB...I like it more than the Novak purple
Old 03-27-2008, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

i'll wait for the new novak anyhow..
Old 03-27-2008, 05:39 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Besercoe,
The SpeedPassion Feigao looks quite different from this picture. I've not seen either in person but I have plenty of GTB's and it looks exactly like a GTB. I too would wait a little while for a pc programmable Novak, but not too long
Old 03-27-2008, 07:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

i dont think anyone can deny that thats not a GTB based design. we;re all looking at the same pictures and i mean lets at least admit it, net of the color its exactly the same (not only the wires coming out of the same spot). credit to losi that the internals and interface may have been likely improved which is definitely a good thing and the least that consumers should expect. its a losi product, its made by losi and i dont think anyone is taking that away from them but it looks like it was based on the GTB....

hope no one gets me wrong, not trying to start anything. just stating what my eyes are seeing .... all this is based on the pics so im pretty sure there are differences in other aspects.... or at least i hope.

that blue motor looks sweet though! i like!