Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
How can i take my car to the United states by airplane?? >

How can i take my car to the United states by airplane??

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How can i take my car to the United states by airplane??

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Default How can i take my car to the United states by airplane??

How i can take my car??? what i can not take??? some methods??
Old 01-03-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Initiate

tools must go in the suitcase that goes to the baggage.
no fuel, spray cans. no liquids in handbags.
if your flight is not direct and has a connection i recommand taking the car and trannsmitter in the handbag that goes with you on the plane just in case something goes wrong with the baggage transfer...

other than that you shouldnt have any trouble.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:26 AM
Tech Initiate

ok thanks my flight is direct no connections. Taking the car in the handbag its better or not??
Old 01-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Tech Lord

If you have big shocks it is wise to unmount them and put them in the normal baggage, it is also wise to take out the tank and put it in the baggage. Then it is safe to keep the car with your hand baggage.

It is also wise to remove all batteries and put them away in your normal baggage.

I did use a large plastic travel case to put in all small boxes with tools, srews etc, but also the boddies, towels, starting box etc.
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 AM
Tech Regular

It should be good remove the tank and motor. AND AND if they ask is this electric or Gas you know what to say..

ELECTRIC
If you got a car carrying bag thats better.
Most of the time they just want to see it
and ask a few rc questions
Old 01-03-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (92%+)

This thread will be quite usefull to many people. Myself also as I have never left the country with my RC Gear.

-Shane
Old 01-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 65 (97%+)

u can also ship it to a fed ex or ups store and pick it up at ur destination for people that wnt to go that route
Old 01-03-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

yes you can but me when I get off the plane I want my car there too and RADIO. If you know someone you can ship it to. That would be idea.

Parts no problems b/c thats the cheap thing to replace
Old 01-03-2011, 10:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Subscribed!!!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:42 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Roelof
If you have big shocks it is wise to unmount them and put them in the normal baggage, it is also wise to take out the tank and put it in the baggage. Then it is safe to keep the car with your hand baggage.

It is also wise to remove all batteries and put them away in your normal baggage.

I did use a large plastic travel case to put in all small boxes with tools, srews etc, but also the boddies, towels, starting box etc.

mostly correct except for the Batteries. ALL batteries MUST be brought on your carry ON....I did EXTENSIVE research last year when i was flying to Arizona and called the NTSB the TSA and practically every Organization that has anything to do with Air travel or rules associated with Air travel and found out a Lot of details in regards to our little cars and our gear.

So as i said ALL batteries Weather they be AA's or Lipo's MUST be brought on your carry On.

Also as stated ANY tools of ANY sort must be IN your Checked baggage....I almost Lost my Hitachi DB3DLwhen i went through customs....LUCKILY i knew the check in girl from High school and ended up leaving it with her till i got back. The little Asian check in guy was Eyeballing it from the get go and i could tell if i left it, It was going home with him.
Old 01-03-2011, 12:47 PM
Tech Lord

For Traveling this is what you want to pack your gear in. I drove down and picked up 2 of them and i can easily fit all 3 cars Bug/Trug/Ebug, all my support equipment and all my tires.

http://www.amazon.com/Plano-Molding-.../dp/B000UPGMXY

FYI they are AIR line approved, Dispite being a inch or 2 over the legal size, BUT i never had an issue nor has any one else i know who travel's with these....Most of the Team guys from all over the world use these or the cheaper Alternative (Contico) that's a Tiny bit smaller.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Contico-St...Locker/2476189
Old 01-03-2011, 12:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Remove all FUEL LINES/TANK and engine. CLEAN the hell out of the buggy and put it in your CHECK IN luggage(OGIO 9800) works well for this. Ship anything that has fuel or had fuel run through it. All oils MUST be checked in your luggage. I would not chance any Aerosol Sprays. I don't check my radio, I keep it with me. everything else goes beneath the plane. Easy Day

ALso if you can spread your stuff over 2 bags to avoid going over the 50 lb limit it will save you some cash. Too bad Southwest Airlines is not international!
Old 01-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Tech Regular

I'm going to Arizona in Feb so what you telling me is to stay away from the little Asian guy. I never have any problem flying into Airzona. I GOT MY EYE OUT FOR HIM!!!. I"LL WAIT FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE HELPER
Old 01-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by deeje929
I'm going to Arizona in Feb so what you telling me is to stay away from the little Asian guy. I never have any problem flying into Airzona. I GOT MY EYE OUT FOR HIM!!!. I"LL WAIT FOR THE NEXT AVAILABLE HELPER
i think it was an isolated case and who Wouldn't want a mini Hitachi Driver like that

where are you flying out of ? Im up in canada so a few minor things are different.
Old 01-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Tech Initiate

ok

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.