Wiki Posts
Search

IFMAR 2008 Electric Worlds- Thailand

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
The word is Masami/Yokomo is the source of the special tires the top two guys are running.
From what I can gather they are the only two with these tires.... and for some reason they are way faster than everyone else

The worlds has always been about exclusive parts, tires, etc.....

I see a lot of teams gluing up donuts and which i'm sure is thier own special blend and not to be shared with other teams...lol Welcome to racing....

Everyone does it......
Old 11-10-2008, 11:06 AM
Tech Addict

Special secret tires? Geez, it's like the dark ages of R/C over there. I don't see anything great about that at all.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adam?
Special secret tires? Geez, it's like the dark ages of R/C over there. I don't see anything great about that at all.
Originally Posted by Francis M.
The worlds has always been about exclusive parts, tires, etc.....

I see a lot of teams gluing up donuts and which i'm sure is thier own special blend and not to be shared with other teams...lol Welcome to racing....

Everyone does it......
Exactly my sentiments......It's the Worlds for goodness sake. You also have electronics, batts, & 'special parts' that's exclusive to each individual team. Couple that with great driving & luck, and the chips fall where they fall. Right now it's in the Associated camp
Old 11-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GO JUHO!!!!!!!

Mike
Old 11-10-2008, 11:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

With the yokomo kid doin well mabe yokomo will release a r5 version. I will take mine silver please..lol
Old 11-10-2008, 11:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ottoman
The word is Masami/Yokomo is the source of the special tires the top two guys are running.
From what I can gather they are the only two with these tires.... and for some reason they are way faster than everyone else

Not surprising as Masami was supplying AE with front and rear tires at Worlds in Florida too even though he was running TRC fronts. From the pics it looks like Hideo is doing the samething with the TRC fronts. It also looks like the Yokomo rims are the older smaller diameter and not the larger style of the CRC and Jacos. Anyone know what diameter the Hot Bodies rims are?
Old 11-10-2008, 11:47 AM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
GO JUHO!!!!!!!

Mike
Mike,

We need some 12R5 asphault setups

looks like the top 3 cars are link cars

Thanks!
Paul
Old 11-10-2008, 12:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is why we don't put a lot of emphasis on this race. So you win this race on a surface no one runs on with tires that don't work anywhere else. How does that help us out? Monday morning everyone will be back to running yellows and double pinks. If we won I would be happy, don't get me wrong, but this in no way drives our sales. Bragging rights only.
I also believe the tire game at the worlds is used to mask the real reason for an advantage...tire sauce. If everyone thinks you have a special tire, they are too concerned about that to pay attention to what is in the bottle. Just a theory.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock
GO JUHO!!!!!!!

Mike
Ditto!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Jack Rimer
This is why we don't put a lot of emphasis on this race. So you win this race on a surface no one runs on with tires that don't work anywhere else. How does that help us out? Monday morning everyone will be back to running yellows and double pinks. If we won I would be happy, don't get me wrong, but this in no way drives our sales. Bragging rights only.
I also believe the tire game at the worlds is used to mask the real reason for an advantage...tire sauce. If everyone thinks you have a special tire, they are too concerned about that to pay attention to what is in the bottle. Just a theory.
Quite a realistic theory.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by burito
Hey everyone and hello from RCS!

Winds of choice in 1/12 are 4.5t. First qualifying starts in ~10mins, so it finally gets interesting after intense upfront preparations and 1 day of practice yesterday.
Everyone has tested a lot now and Naoto put the hammer down in the final practice round of today with the only 40 lap run!
Good to hear from you. Keep it up as now, & say Hi to Juergen
Old 11-10-2008, 12:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Video on red rc is up and impressive.
14 years old (headshake).
Old 11-10-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Elite

I think that a lot of people would be interested in an asphalt specific compound..... Especially in CA, and FL where racing outdoors is the way to go....
Old 11-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

We have asphalt specific tires. Pinks, magentas, double pinks, lilacs, and purples are all GAS CAR tires. They also happen to work on carpet. It is just that the bulk of our sales are for carpet racing.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:22 PM
Tech Elite

We have asphalt specific tires. Pinks, magentas, double pinks, lilacs, and purples are all GAS CAR tires. They also happen to work on carpet. It is just that the bulk of our sales are for carpet racing.

Thanks Jack....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.