R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #301
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
The word is Masami/Yokomo is the source of the special tires the top two guys are running.
From what I can gather they are the only two with these tires.... and for some reason they are way faster than everyone else

The worlds has always been about exclusive parts, tires, etc.....

I see a lot of teams gluing up donuts and which i'm sure is thier own special blend and not to be shared with other teams...lol Welcome to racing....

Everyone does it......
Old 11-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #302
Tech Addict

Special secret tires? Geez, it's like the dark ages of R/C over there. I don't see anything great about that at all.
Adam? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:22 PM   #303
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam? View Post
Special secret tires? Geez, it's like the dark ages of R/C over there. I don't see anything great about that at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis M. View Post
The worlds has always been about exclusive parts, tires, etc.....

I see a lot of teams gluing up donuts and which i'm sure is thier own special blend and not to be shared with other teams...lol Welcome to racing....

Everyone does it......
Exactly my sentiments......It's the Worlds for goodness sake. You also have electronics, batts, & 'special parts' that's exclusive to each individual team. Couple that with great driving & luck, and the chips fall where they fall. Right now it's in the Associated camp

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:26 PM   #304
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

GO JUHO!!!!!!!

Mike
Old 11-10-2008, 12:37 PM   #305
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

With the yokomo kid doin well mabe yokomo will release a r5 version. I will take mine silver please..lol
Old 11-10-2008, 12:45 PM   #306
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
The word is Masami/Yokomo is the source of the special tires the top two guys are running.
From what I can gather they are the only two with these tires.... and for some reason they are way faster than everyone else

Not surprising as Masami was supplying AE with front and rear tires at Worlds in Florida too even though he was running TRC fronts. From the pics it looks like Hideo is doing the samething with the TRC fronts. It also looks like the Yokomo rims are the older smaller diameter and not the larger style of the CRC and Jacos. Anyone know what diameter the Hot Bodies rims are?
Brian Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:47 PM   #307
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock View Post
GO JUHO!!!!!!!

Mike
Mike,

We need some 12R5 asphault setups

looks like the top 3 cars are link cars

Thanks!
Paul
Old 11-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #308
Tech Fanatic

This is why we don't put a lot of emphasis on this race. So you win this race on a surface no one runs on with tires that don't work anywhere else. How does that help us out? Monday morning everyone will be back to running yellows and double pinks. If we won I would be happy, don't get me wrong, but this in no way drives our sales. Bragging rights only.
I also believe the tire game at the worlds is used to mask the real reason for an advantage...tire sauce. If everyone thinks you have a special tire, they are too concerned about that to pay attention to what is in the bottle. Just a theory.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:24 PM   #309
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Blackstock View Post
GO JUHO!!!!!!!

Mike
Ditto!!!
Anders Myrberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:25 PM   #310
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rimer View Post
This is why we don't put a lot of emphasis on this race. So you win this race on a surface no one runs on with tires that don't work anywhere else. How does that help us out? Monday morning everyone will be back to running yellows and double pinks. If we won I would be happy, don't get me wrong, but this in no way drives our sales. Bragging rights only.
I also believe the tire game at the worlds is used to mask the real reason for an advantage...tire sauce. If everyone thinks you have a special tire, they are too concerned about that to pay attention to what is in the bottle. Just a theory.
Quite a realistic theory.
Old 11-10-2008, 01:27 PM   #311
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by burito View Post
Hey everyone and hello from RCS!

Winds of choice in 1/12 are 4.5t. First qualifying starts in ~10mins, so it finally gets interesting after intense upfront preparations and 1 day of practice yesterday.
Everyone has tested a lot now and Naoto put the hammer down in the final practice round of today with the only 40 lap run!
Good to hear from you. Keep it up as now, & say Hi to Juergen
Old 11-10-2008, 01:49 PM   #312
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Video on red rc is up and impressive.
14 years old (headshake).
204 Raceway Winnipeg 1/10-1/8 Offroad. Owner.
mtbboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 01:51 PM   #313
Tech Elite

Quote:

I think that a lot of people would be interested in an asphalt specific compound..... Especially in CA, and FL where racing outdoors is the way to go....
Old 11-10-2008, 02:20 PM   #314
Tech Fanatic

We have asphalt specific tires. Pinks, magentas, double pinks, lilacs, and purples are all GAS CAR tires. They also happen to work on carpet. It is just that the bulk of our sales are for carpet racing.
Jack Rimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 02:22 PM   #315
Tech Elite

Quote:
We have asphalt specific tires. Pinks, magentas, double pinks, lilacs, and purples are all GAS CAR tires. They also happen to work on carpet. It is just that the bulk of our sales are for carpet racing.

Thanks Jack....