Community
Wiki Posts
Search

R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 12:16 PM
The Evicerator

Default RC Scoring Pro Photo Gallery

...anyone else having trouble seeing these pictures? I get some sort of time out error...?
Old 06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Evicerator
...anyone else having trouble seeing these pictures? I get some sort of time out error...?
I get it also steve!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Look at how many Factory representitives and drivers respond on the RDX thread vs. how many AE guys respond in the TC4 thread. You can tell who wants to support their customer more.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Not just you Steve, I havn't been able to view them on like 3 different computers.
Old 06-02-2005, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

has anyone else noticed this, but by looking at these videos the reason hara didnt win more races was because he always started back in the pack and then would make a great drive through the sweeper then as the race progessed, start bringing in the leader. from that i think hara accually had a really good shot to win overall if he didnt always have to start so far back because he was always the faster car on the track, just ever to slightly twards the end of every race. but i havent seen much of craigs footage so maybe he started further in the pack a few times too, so i could be wrong
Old 06-02-2005, 12:57 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fjm9898
has anyone else noticed this, but by looking at these videos the reason hara didnt win more races was because he always started back in the pack and then would make a great drive through the sweeper then as the race progessed, start bringing in the leader. from that i think hara accually had a really good shot to win overall if he didnt always have to start so far back because he was always the faster car on the track, just ever to slightly twards the end of every race. but i havent seen much of craigs footage so maybe he started further in the pack a few times too, so i could be wrong
In the invite class, each driver starts on each row twice. He had front row starting spots just like every other driver did. The problem he ran into I think is he had some tough luck on starts a couple times.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

ok thanks, i didnt quite know how starting positions work. but i do see what you mean about rough starts, in on of Proteus' videos, the one named Hara, he really had to fight his way. he got by the big pile up which put him in 4th but then crawled his way to 2nd and was slowly chatching the leader. that is why i think he had one of th fastest cars, which he did since he got 3rd overall. also in the newest posted one he was making ground up on craig the second half of the race, so i think it would be fun to see a race withthe top 8 just to see how has the best car, but the reedy race has a great setup for the invite class and of course the best guys stand on take the tops stops but personally i this Hara could take him
Old 06-02-2005, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
In the invite class, each driver starts on each row twice. He had front row starting spots just like every other driver did. The problem he ran into I think is he had some tough luck on starts a couple times.
This is correct. But the rows did not swap inside to outside. So you could have started on the outside of your row in every race which in my opinion was a disadvantage.

Also, if you are car number 7,8, or 9, you could have three cars in your row rather than two as was the case with the other rows.

Most people don't realize the strategy involved because of the fact each driver only gets four sets of tires for eight races. Many will just run new-used-new-used etc but getting creative may net better results.

For instance I started in the back row (with three cars) on Sunday so decided to run used tires because the cold morning traction is very good. I could then save my new set for round two when many other drivers would be on used, and the traction would be down in the heat of the day.

Other used similar strategies. Hodapp ran new tires earlier than expected during his front row start to try to seal a win.

I am pretty sure Hara used his four new sets in the first 5 rounds. So going into the last three he was at a disadvantage.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:27 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart
This is correct. But the rows did not swap inside to outside. So you could have started on the outside of your row in every race which in my opinion was a disadvantage.

Also, if you are car number 7,8, or 9, you could have three cars in your row rather than two as was the case with the other rows.

Most people don't realize the strategy involved because of the fact each driver only gets four sets of tires for eight races. Many will just run new-used-new-used etc but getting creative may net better results.

For instance I started in the back row (with three cars) on Sunday so decided to run used tires because the cold morning traction is very good. I could then save my new set for round two when many other drivers would be on used, and the traction would be down in the heat of the day.

Other used similar strategies. Hodapp ran new tires earlier than expected during his front row start to try to seal a win.

I am pretty sure Hara used his four new sets in the first 5 rounds. So going into the last three he was at a disadvantage.

I think more than a few people were rotating new sets on the rear and moving the 1 runs up front so they would have the same setup through the 8 runs. I know Drescher did.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DerekB
I think more than a few people were rotating new sets on the rear and moving the 1 runs up front so they would have the same setup through the 8 runs. I know Drescher did.
Yes Jilles did the same thing.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:31 PM
Tech Champion

Rick, did you mix tires at all? I know one of the things a lot of us did in open was on the third run, use the rear tires from both new sets in the morning as our re run set in the third round. Just curious if you guys in invite used a similar idea any time.
Old 06-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

OK, you answered my question before I asked it
Old 06-02-2005, 01:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Yeah, I heard Craig say he preferred used tires on the front because new gave too much steering
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Oh yeah...It just hit me...
but is Associated really American anymore??
Old 06-02-2005, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Spectated both Saturday, and Sunday. I am really new to this hobby/sport so I not well versed in all the pro drivers. One driver that stood out was Hara, he was making some really nice runs. Razor sharp passes, and always chasing ground on the leaders in each heat race. I said it before "Hard Charger Award" for the 05 Reedy Race would go to Hara for sure.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.