R/C Tech LIVE at the 2005 Reedy Race of Champions @ Tamiya USA

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Soviet
Oh yeah...It just hit me...

I run a TC4 with a GTX.

My 1/12th is an L4 with a GTX as well...

USA! USA!
and my Yokomo has a KO esc and servo
Old 06-02-2005, 08:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Proteus
Okay...here's one more. This is one is a pretty good. Looks like Drescher leading the whole way with Hara hanging close. And Rheinard putting the pressure on Hara for 2nd towards the end of the race.

Drescher, Hara, and Rheinard
It's almost like being there. Thanks, Proteus!
Old 06-02-2005, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Proteus
One more thing....I'll be shooting some video at the Express Race next week. So check out the racing on the Express race thread.

Jeff- Great Vids! You got anyway of putting the vids on DVD? If not atleast bring them with you To NJ so we can watch some of them.

You got any of the Spec. and Open Mod.?
Old 06-02-2005, 08:55 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnbull
Thirty pages of discussion on the Reedy Race. Most of it by American (U.S.) citizens.

Most of it also stabbing U.S. products. The sour grapes in these pages has been amazing.

But just look at the results. 2 out of 3 classes were won by cars designed and manufactured by U.S. companies - Losi and AE, and all 3 classes were won using electronic speedos manufactured in U.S.A. - Novak.

I am not an American citizen, and I respect peoples' opinions, but I am amazed at some contributors continuous efforts at putting your own country's excellent products down.

The United States was once a proud nation, unless my history books too have it wrong. But you guys are not doing it much proud continually belittling your own products.
Welcome to the US. We can do nothing but complain...it's our "right."
Old 06-02-2005, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

amen to that. on another thread they all $itch that AE is being sold over seas, and here they complain about their cars. go figure. i buy american and if AE becomes chinese than losi shopping i will go... till then i have owned nothing but american cars since 88' except one yokomo because AE has no 4wd...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

tally i may be wrong but i belive that all the tooling and production for losi not done in the US
Old 06-02-2005, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well im turning Japanese (i really think so!) running a tamiya with full KO everything......
Old 06-02-2005, 09:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I was just glad to see an 'old dude' (older than 21!!) be competitive AND win the Invitational class!!!

Cheers to Drescher!!!
Old 06-02-2005, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Xtreme needs to go back to having more hot chicks in it.

There I complained, I feel more american.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:00 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by W.E.D.Jim

As far as Tosso and Corally, imo, the RDX is a great car, Tosso is just insurance, by showing a car is good, by winning. Which goes back to our point. Everyone claims to know so much about our little touring cars that they can look at them on a pit towel and tell if they will be good or not. The "really smart" guys push on them once or twice, to know they won't work. .
Jim
Totally agreed, on all points. The problem is they're gonna need another topnotch mod driver here in the U.S. imo. Toso is an awesome driver, but I don't think he can singlehandedly win every race in the U.S. Another excellent mod driver could really help out through additional testing and information sharing. The car is, no doubt, an excellent design, and works very well,(a few of my friends are Corally Team Drivers), I just feel they need a bit more depth in their "Pro" Team.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Corally is a perfect example of the fact that big name drivers do sell cars. The Corally is a good car. But out here, it was pretty much non existent. I had only seen maybe two or three of them, back to the Assassin. As soon as Chris signed with them and the RDX came out, they're everywhere! Everyone dismissed the Corally cars as second rate. When Chris signed with them and there was a thread on here about it, I remember someone saying something to the effect of, Chris just signed himself into the C main now that he's running Corally. But look at his results and what it's done for their sales here in the States. When there are good drivers behind the wheel of almost all of the current cars, they're going to do well.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:27 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Totally agreed, on all points. The problem is they're gonna need another topnotch mod driver here in the U.S. imo. Toso is an awesome driver, but I don't think he can singlehandedly win every race in the U.S. Another excellent mod driver could really help out through additional testing and information sharing. The car is, no doubt, an excellent design, and works very well,(a few of my friends are Corally Team Drivers), I just feel they need a bit more depth in their "Pro" Team.
Mc$ is going to make some mains with the rdx this winter for sure.
Old 06-02-2005, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Chris has brought the Corally to many markets that had never even seen them before. Also the establishing of a very solid Stock and 19t level drivers have also been huge for Corally here in the US. Chris was the top Pro guy in the US for Yokomo for years and much of the time on his own at many top level events. I get the vibe that the Corally is more of a team situation with many people helping each other out. Team Corally is doing things the right way to get its foot in the door and has established itself as a big player in the US sedan scene.

I think Chris has far exceeded most peoples expectations for his change to Corally. Good to see him doing well.

Jeff
Old 06-02-2005, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeff Werner
Chris has brought the Corally to many markets that had never even seen them before. Also the establishing of a very solid Stock and 19t level drivers have also been huge for Corally here in the US. Chris was the top Pro guy in the US for Yokomo for years and much of the time on his own at many top level events. I get the vibe that the Corally is more of a team situation with many people helping each other out. Team Corally is doing things the right way to get its foot in the door and has established itself as a big player in the US sedan scene.

I think Chris has far exceeded most peoples expectations for his change to Corally. Good to see him doing well.

Jeff
Jeff- You hit the nail on the head! Before the snowbirds I had only seen one RDX! After talking to Rob, and watching the Stk. and 19t performance of the guys running the RDX. I again went and talked to Rob.... I had 12 hrs. to think about buying the car on my way home. Mon. Morning I odered the car. I had issuses with the Thrust bearings. I called up Rob. First thing he says is I am sending out the updated thrust right now..... Guys I got it next day! After a few mins on the phone he started asking the important stuff, How do YOU like the car, How has it worked for YOU. We talked a few more mins. about the car. You just get that feeling that Corally is trying to get the most feed back from EVERY customer! Well with good showing at the carpet regional. I was picked up by the Corally.

So with that said (I maybe bias in this) I am glad to see what Corally has done in just over 6 months of building a VERY COMPETITIVE TEAM!

I am one of the ppl that looks at the Stk. and 19t results before I look at Mod. or invite classes..... Why you ask... Give anyone of the 30 something guys in the invite class any of the chassis that were ran and you will see that after a few packs they will be pretty close to how fast they were with the other chassis.

Now do that in Stk. or 19t..... I don't think it will happen.

Am I bummed that Corally only has ONE "BIG NAME FACTORY" guy in Invite, sure, he is carrying the whole deal on his shoulders. But look at Spec. 6 out of 10 in the A!

So with all of that said CONGRATS to all OF TEAM CORALLY for the great race results!
Old 06-02-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TJ Bradley
Mc$ is going to make some mains with the rdx this winter for sure.
Oh, that's right TJ. I had forgotten that Mc$ is now rolling an RDX. That fact alone has rendered my previous point moot.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.