Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread >

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MurfDogg Motor Works Discussion thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

hotcakes - did you get my email with the setup?
Old 10-25-2011, 01:10 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by photobrat
Anyone have a suggested starring point for gearing, esc timing, and endbell setting for an 8.f running in a FTSC10? Track is med/high bite, large outdoor sweeping. THANKS on advance!

8.5 right? 0 motor timing. 0 esc timing, linear throttle profile. 84 - 21 gearing on the SC10.

Let her eat!

Matt
Old 10-26-2011, 12:03 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey im looking to buy a murfdogg motor 17.5 but the hobbyshops I go through cant gettem I need one..
Old 10-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

email or pm matt you can them directly from him also or he will find a dealer
Old 10-26-2011, 12:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwill73
Hey im looking to buy a murfdogg motor 17.5 but the hobbyshops I go through cant gettem I need one..
You can e-mail Matt directly at [email protected]
Old 10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigwill73
TQ Racing has the new Synergy 1.1 Black Can in stock !

Old 10-26-2011, 03:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks for the imfo were do you guyes race at???i race quiet a bitt at rosewood and fayetteville..
Old 10-30-2011, 03:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

How hot have you guys been getting your brushless mod motors. Had 5.5 get really hot and 6.5 get hot also. 5.5 got to 225 and 6.5 got to 180. Running LRP SXX TC version 1. Getting version 2 soon and will turn boost down to lowest setting. I run dirt oval on high bite track and ran rollout that other have run and not gotten motors over 140. Can these be fixed or are they done. ^.5 is still ok but 5.5 may be a goner. Thanks Keith
Old 11-01-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Fanatic

Keith -
Our new wire in our 1.1 motors can withstand some pretty gnarly temps.

Question - Are you running boost in modified with an LRP ESC???? If so, WHY??

Tekin Tekin Tekin....All I can say. You can adjust what boost you run, and where it comes in... not just some preset amount of timing with an unspecified and non adjustable amount of delay and ramping rate.

That said: Our 1.1 motors are capable of withstanding 200F heat without issue. We have not been able to short the stators on our 1.1 motors... I have personally melted the solder off of the colloector rings, but that was trying to destroy a motor and was at 338*F. Only problem you may run into, is consecutive runs above 225F can weaken your rotor over time.

If you did not desolder the motor, keep running it, should be fine.

We won Open Wheel last year with our stuff run WITHOUT BOOST on an LRP SXX, without fans.

Keith - In future, email me directly at [email protected]
Old 11-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Elite

+1 Keith, for those motors, you shouldn't need any boost. I haven't come across another motor capable of Murfdogg Synergy bottom end/top end power yet. I run Off & Onroad platforms.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:33 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default crap dogg motors

if you like fire and the smell of burning money this is the motor for you and if you like the bad customer support this is the place for you DONT BUY
Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

MX887 - Thanks for feeling the need to come on here and bash my name. You obviously have some sort of chip on your shoulder, and thats your prerogative. You start an RCTECH account to come on and talk crap, behind some secret username. Out of all of the many many threads out there, you choose to make your first post here. I appreciate your ridiculous negative comments, because now you will cause many of the loyal MurfDogg customers to post about their experiences with me and my products.

Thank you for hiding behind your screen name and sending fireballs. Have a nice day!
Old 11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I'm pretty sure I have version 1 of the LRP SXX TC and have a version 2 on the way. I will run it without boost this weekend and it should be fine. Also know my rollout should be a lot less than I had it. I'll let everyone know how it works. Matt you should be getting an email very shortly.
Old 11-03-2011, 06:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The MurfDogg
MX887 - Thanks for feeling the need to come on here and bash my name. You obviously have some sort of chip on your shoulder, and thats your prerogative. You start an RCTECH account to come on and talk crap, behind some secret username. Out of all of the many many threads out there, you choose to make your first post here. I appreciate your ridiculous negative comments, because now you will cause many of the loyal MurfDogg customers to post about their experiences with me and my products.

Thank you for hiding behind your screen name and sending fireballs. Have a nice day!
Never burned up a motor yet.
Least of all an MD that can take quite a bit of punishment.
Every motor thread has a post like this though.
Looks like 887 found the limits of his tuning skills

I imagine his 1st post here would have been more useful to ask questions before he installed the motor
Old 11-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

I know this is the on road thread, but I have raced Murfdogg motors off-road for over a year now and NEVER have placed less then 2nd at ANY event in the Northwest big or small! He is a smaller company that takes care of his drivers as well as customers. Matt also races too so he has first hand experience in what a good motor needs on the track to go fast.

My 4w SC truck weighs 97oz! and my Murfdogg powered 540 motor holds it own against 550 and 540 4 poled motors on the track. Find the gear that works for your application, find a speedo setting that works for you, and get to the track and practice. The only place on the track I get passed is being parked on a pipe or upside down, NOT a Murfdogg product problem.

Just like any product you could get a bum one. I had a Venom practice pack I had for 8 months, and it puffed up. They replaced it with a "new" style pack. That pack started to puff on the third time I used it. I don't have this issue with my Orion packs, or my Murfdogg race packs. So Venom products are not for me; other people have great luck with their products, big deal and I moved on. I did not go on there thread and say they suck and nobody should buy their products. How many racers say they would never use Tekin, or LRP because they have nothing but problems, to others it is there favorite speed control.

To each their own.

Last edited by Cameron Kellogg; 11-03-2011 at 10:39 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.