2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Regular

If you guys actually read the Orion report, they state that they (orion) are subject to a 24 hour delay in posting results due to a embargo placed due to sponorship agreements.

So even Orion are being affected.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:29 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks for the update guys. Where's Baker. Has he been able to make his runs clean? I know the pressure is on to make the 4 of 6. Looks like Tosolini is posting fast imes and getting faster. Hope he can get his 4 of 6 in too. Go Chris.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

Default Information

Hi,
Ive been watching this thread from the start, a few things that have been posted I thought were a bit silly but the latest information that IFMAR are keeping back the results is so so so wrong.
This sport has alot of people that are very keen to know how the top guys of the sport arfe doing and for the IFMAR people to hold back this information is very wrong.
Come on its not a secret sport where only a few should know. Post the results let thoughs that couldnt go know how there fellow racers are doing we race with most of them. ie nationals and would like to support them dont let this turn into a marketing sham from all the companys we buy the gear if it wasent for us they wouldnt be there anyway.

This sort of thing makes me mad someone out there should be taking pics of the results then posting them.........

sorry to rant just think it so stupid of the organization to carry on like this.

I watch moto gp F1 etc and i can get the result as they happen. But not in model car racing they have people that want to keep it a secret muppets.

Sorry.

i.a.s
Old 10-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TraceRacing
I sure hope they are planning to tell the drivers where they qualified before the finals otherwise there may be 40 drivers all planning to run the A
TraceRacing,

Don't say or even think what it had not been mentioned anywhere on this thread,.....

Don't understand a information just in the way you want to understand tham....

We were talking about MEDIA- IFMAR and not that's you tell now...

Becarefull,.......

John
Old 10-29-2004, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by SPEEDx971
TraceRacing,

Don't say or even think what it had not been mentioned anywhere on this thread,.....

Don't understand a information just in the way you want to understand tham....

We were talking about MEDIA- IFMAR and not that's you tell now...

Becarefull,.......

John
What did you just say????
Old 10-29-2004, 01:42 PM
Tech Regular

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed in some way to get the results out to the thousands of race fans around the world IFMAR don't want to exist.

If what has been said about IFMAR is true, its a joke. Lets just wait to eventually find out the winner once IFMAR decides to tell people who it is, then we can look forward to Cleveland and being shown what sort of brilliant coverage there could have been.

Just feel a bit sorry for the likes of Orion etc who have "appeared" not to get results to us. But everything really is appeciated! Keep it up!

Thanks
Oli
Old 10-29-2004, 01:45 PM
Tech Adept

Is one of the issues that one of the event sponsors shown on the track's website is a video production house (assuming to sell videos of the event)?

We live in an age of instant information. RC Tech has set the stage with past events for great instantaneous coverage of events via the net (thanks futureal)

The organization is taking a slower (controlling) approach to reporting but it still appears to be one helluva event. I know we all want instant answers and to know how it's going but let's not all jump to conclusions so quickly.

It really hasn't been that long since we had to wait four to six months for a printed magazine to get the results.

Look forward to seeing some of it first hand tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RandyB
I think the race sponsors have somthing to do with this. I bet they have some issue with freedom of the internet. This is just a thought, but look at orions coverage, sad at first. Cause they couldnt keep up with other people posting results. They may have stepped in and said this isnt fair we are a sponsor and should have the right to post results first.

Just a thought and I may get flamed for it but......
My original posting had no facts based in it just a random thought from the top of my head. I used Orions name because they were the only r/c company I could think that would fit the mold of my thought.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by mtc3od
What did you just say????
I think he's being mad about it and his (already rather porr, muhaha) english got just worse.

He's just said that the drivers are not being prevented from knowing their ranking, as every team manager gets a copy of the results, but IFMAR is preventing any media from getting such a copy.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:51 PM
Tech Elite

Let's thank Shane for having this forum. If you want to make a small donation to RCTech.net, follow this link

http://www.rctech.net/pages/abouttech.shtml
Old 10-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by RC Scoring Pro
Let's thank Shane for having this forum. If you want to make a small donation to RCTech.net, follow this link

http://www.rctech.net/pages/abouttech.shtml
well put
Old 10-29-2004, 01:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think some people are getting way out of hand here and are seriousely talking out of there Colons.

A lot of companies have sent reps there to cover the race they are obviousely doing the best that they can with what they are given and doing it on their own time with their own dime. If IFMAR has chosen to hold of the results to media outlets then whether you agree or disagree it is fair to voice your opinion but realize like this message it is only such.

I do not understand the reasoning nor do I understand the bashing over Orion when they obviousely are trying to get the word out as much as they are allowed especially considering there driver is TQ (unofficially) do you not think if they could they would publish it everywhere?

Do you not think that maybe if IFMAR is being as strict as some have ASSUMED that they could inforce a penalty or disqualification to any team not following there orders?

Come on people I want instant results as much as the next guy but bottom line unless you have paid for it in advance or have a contract to receive such info you have no business complaining about ANYONES coverage.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by corvin12xu
I think some people are getting way out of hand here and are seriousely talking out of there Colons.
Colons.... don't be ridiculous, people can't talk out of there

E.
Old 10-29-2004, 02:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Marc won the last round of qualiying confirmed by his father via sms.

Tamiya Rulezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 10-29-2004, 02:23 PM
Tech Rookie

I think Surikarn will do something on the main.. ( like last IFMAR )

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.