Wiki Posts
Search

eZRUN brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by 1101
Hi there
What effect will adjusting timing & punch have ??
Increase/decrease in timing will have what effect??
What does punch even do??
I asked about the timing a while back but no one responded.

I have had a play with various punch settings though.
The softer the punch the easier it is to get the car off the line.

It's subtle but really does make a difference.

Try a few settings next time your out.

On the timing, i've read on other forums for other motors/esc's that advancing the timing gives more power but at the expense of putting out a lot more heat.

So i've not experimented with this yet.
Old 12-03-2009, 09:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Are these ESC's still available for 1/8th scale...Im looking to convert an RC8 an could use some recommendations on what to get....thnks.
Old 12-06-2009, 07:13 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by midwestcajun
Are these ESC's still available for 1/8th scale...Im looking to convert an RC8 an could use some recommendations on what to get....thnks.
According to their website they have a newer 1/8th system out under the XERun series. It's completely blue in color even the ESC. The current 1/8th system ESCs are black in color.

Last edited by PaPeRo; 12-06-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 12-08-2009, 02:49 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)

I just got my EZrun and programmed it with the card. Very easy.

Only thing is, I could not figure out how to adjust my throttle sensitivity, it's too much. I tap the throttle and it's already giving heavy juice no matter how lightly I do tap the throttle.

When I reverse it, the throttle is nice and soft and goes from slow to fast. Not fast to faster like when I throttle forward. I messed with the values but nothing seems to change with the throttle. Again, it's only thing forward, reverse is perfect.

The card works. I tested to see if it was. I set it to forward/Brake Only and that's what it did. And set it back, pressed ok. And it gave me Forward/Reverse and brake back so I know it works.

Thanks fr any help and for your time I look forward to responses.

Tamiya TB-03D: Front/Rear Direct Coupling(Spool) | Center One Way Shaft
HobbyWing EZRUN Brushless System Combo B2 w/ 35A ESC & 9T@4300KV 3650M
Old 12-08-2009, 02:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DriftWoof
I just got my EZrun and programmed it with the card. Very easy.

Only thing is, I could not figure out how to adjust my throttle sensitivity, it's too much. I tap the throttle and it's already giving heavy juice no matter how lightly I do tap the throttle.

When I reverse it, the throttle is nice and soft and goes from slow to fast. Not fast to faster like when I throttle forward. I messed with the values but nothing seems to change with the throttle. Again, it's only thing forward, reverse is perfect.

The card works. I tested to see if it was. I set it to forward/Brake Only and that's what it did. And set it back, pressed ok. And it gave me Forward/Reverse and brake back so I know it works.

Thanks fr any help and for your time I look forward to responses.

Tamiya TB-03D: Front/Rear Direct Coupling(Spool) | Center One Way Shaft
HobbyWing EZRUN Brushless System Combo B2 w/ 35A ESC & 9T@4300KV 3650M

Have you calibrated the ESC to the radio? Not just played with the card settings
Old 12-08-2009, 03:07 AM
Tech Master

Yeah I did that. It's odd though. When I set my throttle trim. It's got a big gap between in the trim and when it hits the point to where I get it to start moving on my trim, it instantly speeds up as if I were pushing the throttle(my throttle has to much punch). Maybe it's just because my motor has allot of torque. I want it to work like my reverse. Slow to fast, not fat to faster. Maybe I programmed it wrong.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:12 AM
Tech Champion

Yeah I did that. It's odd though. When I set my throttle trim. It's got a big gap between in the trim and when it hits the point to where I get it to start moving on my trim, it instantly speeds up as if I were pushing the throttle(my throttle has to much punch). Maybe it's just because my motor has allot of torque. I want it to work like my reverse. Slow to fast, not fat to faster. Maybe I programmed it wrong.

When you are setting the throttle trim (calibratting) the motor should not move. This sounds like you have not calibrated the radio
Old 12-08-2009, 03:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You can try setting your end points to max settings, then re-calibrating to your radio. Sometimes this can give a more linear feel. Start power always worked great for me, I can definitely tell a difference with all the settings. Also dont be afraid to adjust your timing. As long as you keep an eye on the temp and dont run it if it gets hot you cant hurt anything. A higher timing setting will make the bottom end feel a bit softer.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

I did calibrate it. I set my throttle trim to 0 and the ABS was turned off.

-I have a Futaba 2PL 2-Channel FM.
-I have the timing set to 0.00 and the punch set to soft.
-Neutral range is set to 12%
-0% Drag brake

Good thing is, it really does't really get that hot.

I just want my throttling forward to be smooth and gradually gain speed. I can't tell if this motor cogs, doesn't give it a chance to cog. The reverse is great. I want my throttling to be as smooth to get to speed like the reverse.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:44 AM
Tech Champion

I did calibrate it. I set my throttle trim to 0 and the ABS was turned off.

-I have a Futaba 2PL 2-Channel FM.
-I have the timing set to 0.00 and the punch set to soft.
-Neutral range is set to 12%
-0% Drag brake

Good thing is, it really does't really get that hot.

I just want my throttling forward to be smooth and gradually gain speed. I can't tell if this motor cogs, doesn't give it a chance to cog. The reverse is great. I want my throttling to be as smooth to get to speed like the reverse.

That is not callibrating the ESC. Calibratting is pressing the button on the ESC until it flashes then setting neutral, then full throttle then full brake. Without doing this you are not guaranteed of getting full throttle response

You may have done this but your descriptions do not indicate this.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cannon
That is not callibrating the ESC. Calibratting is pressing the button on the ESC until it flashes then setting neutral, then full throttle then full brake. Without doing this you are not guaranteed of getting full throttle response

You may have done this but your descriptions do not indicate this.
I should have been more complete there. I did go throughout the steps on the manual on how to calibrate it. It says "You must". I did but maybe I did something wrong.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:04 AM
Tech Master

Is your throttle curve setting at neutral? You may have it at + curve giving you that feel. If its already neutral, try setting it to a negative value.
Old 12-08-2009, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

I have it set to 0. I will redo everything and see what happens. I think it's user error, something I missed.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

UPDATE: I programed it exactly on the directions. It works fine and doesn't start up as fast and as instant. I have a Futaba 2Pl Magum FM. Settings were easy to set and set them exactly as on the EZrun directions. Sill want a smoother throttle curve. I have all the settings to keep a soft punch.

I am beginning to think that it just has allot of power, allot punch, allot of torque naturally.

I did calibrate it.
Old 12-08-2009, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

What I was suggesting is setting your Radio's EPA to 125 instead of the default 100. Then going thru the calibration process again.
Some days my track is slick and some days it has good bite. When the track is slick I pick up lap times by setting my timing to a high number. This really slows down my acceleration. But it does make it hard to control at top speed if Im not careful. I never have problems with temp so I can do this as much as I need to slow down the takeoff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.