spintec I.C.C charger

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

spintec I.C.C charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

yesterday I had another 1 and a half broken spring post solder and repaired but they gone regularly are you guys using Soldering Flux???
And I am also using double fan on top of heath sink that works
Old 08-17-2007, 06:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChadL
I spoke with Erik 2-3 times this week. He has made good on my ICC problems... Shipping it back to the Neatherlands this week sometime. He was very responsive with emails once he answered them. I asked him about lipo functionality.. he said it was in testing and hopefully before the end of the year we would have it. My faith has been restored in Spintec.

Chad
Service of Spintec is very good indeed, I don't use a ICC myself, but I've seen people with problems with the charger, who could just go to Erik, who fixed the problem right away, one day later he was charging with it again.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

if you use braid instead of battery bars, you will find packs fit much easier= less breakage.
Old 08-18-2007, 02:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Last few months no problems with breaking contacts or something here.

Last it was very very hot and we were in the open air... putted a "paraplu" over the charger and could charge without problems...
My Robitronic Overloader's screen started to fail in this very heat. Same thing with my Mobile Phone :S

Regards,
Rob Janssen.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Today was my first race with the spintec.. I ordered a second new black version to use until I get my other one back. I ran a Associated TC-5 with a novak 13.5 and gtb.. I could tell a difference. I am glad I decided to stay with spintec. I was averaging about 600-800 more mah per pack versus my ICE charger. I am not considering buying a Batman 2. Great product.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
Also looking at the number of drivers here owning a ICC, it's the opposite of what you experience. I think around half of all drivers own one, and are very satisfied with it.

They must not use it to much. The Spintec battery hold design is by far the worst design ever for a charger. I had one when they came out last year. Great idea but by far the worst quality ever for a charger. Keep them in Dutch land until Spintec gets the design correct.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 208 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rick Thomson
Also looking at the number of drivers here owning a ICC, it's the opposite of what you experience. I think around half of all drivers own one, and are very satisfied with it.

They must not use it to much. The Spintec battery hold design is by far the worst design ever for a charger. I had one when they came out last year. Great idea but by far the worst quality ever for a charger. Keep them in Dutch land until Spintec gets the design correct.
Old 08-18-2007, 10:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ChadL
Today was my first race with the spintec.. I ordered a second new black version to use until I get my other one back. I ran a Associated TC-5 with a novak 13.5 and gtb.. I could tell a difference. I am glad I decided to stay with spintec. I was averaging about 600-800 more mah per pack versus my ICE charger. I am not considering buying a Batman 2. Great product.

They are a good charger Chad as you have experienced although I do agree with dodgeguy on some aspects of his gripes, the bottom line is they are good for your cells.
If you want more help for your cells get your hands on the Tekin battery nurse, I think they help with cell maintenance also the batman tends to be harsh on the weaker cells in a pack because it wont disscharge each cell on its own.
Old 09-25-2007, 02:42 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi,
No news for lipo charger?
Old 09-25-2007, 03:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi,

Just to put in something on a more positive note,

My Spintec is over a year old, and I have NEVER resoldered any posts inside it. The Lid hasnt had to come off. Maybe I dont use it as often as you guys, I can say without fail it had packs connected to it at least 8 times a week, thats probably a spot on average too, as some weeks its a bit less, and others its more. I think thats quite Fair usage, but now a 'power user' either. And I use battery bars.

My Spintec had a problem recently, something went on it, as it was drawing 7.5amps when not doing anything and kept tripping out, I got intouch with Erik who is a great guys to deal with, My charger has been sent back and returned with excellent speed / service.

No, its not perfect, the tray design is scary - I am suprised mine hasnt come unsoldedered, based on all the other reports, i keep waiting for it to happen! Would i use anything else? nope. I love it, and how it treats my cells. Taking the good with the bad, the good outweighs and wins hands down.

I also here theres some major firmware updates coming in the next few months - and I heard this would include lipo, and alot of really nice features - but... this could be a rumor, ya know how it is! we'll see.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:50 AM
Tech Master

I cannot agree more. this is a great charger. although i have had to resolder posts. The tray design is not good, but the concept and the way it is working now with the most recent update, is very impressive. i like what i have now.

i think one thing needs to be fixed though... we need to be able to use a usb<-->serial to upgrade firmware. right now... only "real" serial port computers can update firmware... there has been numerous issues (at least with me) w/ regards to trying to update firmware with a "fake" (usb <--> serial) port.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

when your done charging and call it a day.
store your ICC in the closed position.
This will take the tension off the posts
Old 09-25-2007, 10:12 AM
Tech Fanatic

hi

i can say that spintec are working on a lipo function for the external port which should be due anytime

there is a usb cable out now part number SP106 and can be seen here http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...1&cat=0&page=1
along with the new case/carry bag to store it in.SP106 http://www.the-border.com/product.ph...2&cat=0&page=1

they are also working on a fan kit to help cool the ICC

hope that helps

Last edited by Cartman; 09-25-2007 at 01:34 PM.
Old 09-25-2007, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

this Usb connector is for who has a Laptop and has a connection problems...
Fan kit interesting and good idea...
come on guys we charge our cells with the most advanced technique , they should be very happy we should be more than Happy
Old 09-25-2007, 03:43 PM
Tech Master

HOLY CRAP!~ i bought the upgrade cable for an arm and a leg.... i just bought a USB <--> serial converter, and it works w/ everything but the ICC. why cannot they just be normal, and allow people to use normal USB serial converters? That cable is worth as much as a pack of batteries!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.