Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I am down for a $50.00 donation.
Old 03-19-2007, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Holy crap Wayne . . . that really sucks! Mike and I will donate $100
Old 03-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii
Wayne ~ You got a picture of your car? That might jog someone's memory if they saw it somewhere other than on the tech table.
i wish i had a picture of it. but it was a kyosho v one rrr converted to a evo, it had a sirio sti evo III, 9451 futaba, and a 9450. It had K factory brake pads, airtronics receiver, the body i ran this weekend was a stratus 3.1 painted by niketa customs red white and yellow.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

a rough estimate of the needed cash to get wayne a new ride:
$475 for the car
$350 for the engine
$180 for the servos
$90 for the receiver
$50 for the pipe
total estimate is $1,145

donations so far:
dj apolaro $15
dlarry: $50
dredd: $50
deebs: $100
joemugen (me):$50
total so far is $265. an excelent start, but we still need $880. normally, i would not do this type of post. but wayne is a good guy and really an asset to this hobby. so come on, lets get together and make this work.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:25 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by joemugen
a rough estimate of the needed cash to get wayne a new ride:
$475 for the car
$350 for the engine
$180 for the servos
$90 for the receiver
$50 for the pipe
total estimate is $1,145

donations so far:
dj apolaro $15
dlarry: $50
dredd: $50
deebs: $100
joemugen (me):$50
total so far is $265. an excelent start, but we still need $880. normally, i would not do this type of post. but wayne is a good guy and really an asset to this hobby. so come on, lets get together and make this work.
I agree and after talking to Wayne in person and seeing how helpful and down to earth he is about everything, I'm happy to be able to help him out this way. Would be a shame to see him unable to continue to race because of this.

Sadly it seems as if someone walked away with his car, but there is always a chance that someone will turn it in. I just hope we can get him back out there soon. Every bit helps.
Old 03-19-2007, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

This is great. With the prices that Wayne can get, He only needs about $775 to replace all of the items. So nice to see so many people helping out. Wayne how can we send our support to you?
Old 03-19-2007, 08:15 PM
Tech Addict

wayne count me in for 25.00 , that really sucks, good luck let me know.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up what's lost is found

guys i would like to inform you that the car was returned to me at about 9:25pm tonight by the infamous Robert maestrey he's been playing a prank on me the whole time. I'm so sorry to put you guys through this. but i must say that i really appreciate the help you guys have offered. if you guys want to still help Carla or Linda or whoever is doing tech please feel free to DQ him.as a matter of fact anyone with ideas call me on how to get him back.again guys yhank you very much. O gosh i think im about to cry.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have $.25 cents
Old 03-19-2007, 08:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

again guys i really appreciate it. i would've never expected to recieve so much help.
Old 03-19-2007, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Robert's a bonehead . it was his idea to start this thread . so i did'nt even think he had the car. it's o.k. though, im going to get him back. even it takes me another season to due so.

Last edited by pioneer; 03-19-2007 at 09:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I am glad it was a prank, I would hate to think there was a thief among us. OK, next time he is in tech Carla will loosen up all the screws in his car. So when he hits the wall the car will break into many pieces.

I will say this thou, it is nice to see a community of racers pull together for another racer. This is what it is all about.

Linda
Old 03-20-2007, 06:06 AM
Tech Fanatic

congrats on getting your car back. imo that prank was not cool at all. i would never take someones car, maybe for fifteen minutes or something but not like that.

joe chaplow
Old 03-20-2007, 06:39 AM
jag
Tech Master

Originally Posted by pioneer
guys i would like to inform you that the car was returned to me at about 9:25pm tonight by the infamous Robert maestrey he's been playing a prank on me the whole time. I'm so sorry to put you guys through this. but i must say that i really appreciate the help you guys have offered. if you guys want to still help Carla or Linda or whoever is doing tech please feel free to DQ him.as a matter of fact anyone with ideas call me on how to get him back.again guys yhank you very much. O gosh i think im about to cry.
Don't blame Robert, you left the car. I was just about to offer a donation until I remembered what happened.

I can't believe you fell for that... you should have called me.
Old 03-20-2007, 06:50 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by TrickPonYracing
I am glad it was a prank, I would hate to think there was a thief among us. OK, next time he is in tech Carla will loosen up all the screws in his car. So when he hits the wall the car will break into many pieces.

I will say this thou, it is nice to see a community of racers pull together for another racer. This is what it is all about.

Linda
Yes it is nice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.