Community
Wiki Posts
Search

GT10 Class

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Ok thanks for the help Ike. I definitely am going to consider a lot of those and Jimmy will too.

Speaking of Jimmy, I took the bodies that Ike mentioned and cross referenced it to the last couple lists I made and I will be sending it along to you for your consideration (since again youre the brainchild here)
Old 03-12-2008, 12:21 AM
Tech Champion

As a sidebar, I dont see a problem with teh 10.5 brushless becoming the motor of this class. its the closest to the name and its fast enough that it keeps things exciting but not absolutely ballistic. Thoughts from the rest of yal?
Old 03-12-2008, 06:18 AM
Tech Regular

Only thing I worry about is that part of the idea here is to lower the cost for people to run which implies trying to get new people running too and I wonder if 10.5 lipo might not be a little too fast. 13.5 lipo with these light cars is going to be super fast to begin with even outdoors. I guess though this would be one of those things that is best worked out once these cars are on the track. The good news is that since Van Halen cant get their act together to have a concert I will be getting a refund on my ticket and be able to get one of these cars that much sooner.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

So there's all this hype about the GT10 class, but I haven't heard or seen much from any clubs out there successfully running this class? If there are some clubs running the GT10 class successfully, what have you done to make it successful? Also, what level of racer is the GT10 class geared towards? Seeing that a 10.5 is the motor of choice it seems it would be geared to more experienced racers.
Old 03-12-2008, 10:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
So there's all this hype about the GT10 class, but I haven't heard or seen much from any clubs out there successfully running this class? If there are some clubs running the GT10 class successfully, what have you done to make it successful? Also, what level of racer is the GT10 class geared towards? Seeing that a 10.5 is the motor of choice it seems it would be geared to more experienced racers.
Once the cars are released to the public, we'll probably have some info like that. Until the cars are available it's kinda difficult to run the class.
Old 03-12-2008, 11:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Apex
I wouldn't say there is hype about it. If you read the first page, you'll understand that we are trying to develop new rules for the new 200mm cars that are coming out. So this is just a discussion of what those rues should be. And what we will try out when the cars "do" hit the market. Once people try it out. Then maybe we can finalize the rule set with everyone's input. Then if tracks want to look for a guideline or rules to go by, we'll have our rules out for them to try.

Hope that makes sense.

Oh, and please don't think I'm the one running the show just because I started the thread. I'm just trying to get a discussion goin and trying to formulate rules from that. So far the only "real" input we have are from those that have run the prototypes...

Body rules is gonna be the hard one...
Old 03-12-2008, 12:44 PM
Tech Champion

chances are 7.4v/17.5 and 7.4v/13.5 will be more than enough. If you are fortunate enough to run on an 8th scale track.. why bother with motor or battery limitations. if you are racing in a series you know what you have to work with already.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default DBR9 Aston Martin

Well here is one more to add to your list it is a 200mm Body From Kyosho.

DBR-9 body set is part# 39284 for clear and pre-finished
body is VZB012.

There is also going to be a Ferrari F430 GT Body set and a NSX Body set.

I will order these bodies when they come out for I have ordered a CRC and A CLC-MLP Chassis and we will also be testing the DB10R from BMI. I will make sure they fit and give info on the tests results.
Attached Thumbnails GT10 Class-kyoshofw-06readysets.jpg  

Last edited by Cunningham1972; 03-16-2008 at 07:40 PM.
Old 03-12-2008, 06:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
I think I remember Dale saying on the Pro10 Class discussion that they were going to update their C6 mold and re-release it. Im sure he could jump in here and verify that for us though

That is still the plan.

-E
Old 03-12-2008, 07:18 PM
Tech Elite

What's the plan for tires? Just leave that up to the racer to figure out what works best or specify the tires to be used? Too bad there aren't many realistic looking rims for 1:10 pan cars. Would be nice if Jaco came out with Prism 1:10 Pan Car tires. In a way, I'd hope this class would be modeled like the Vintage class with very specific rules to helps keep extra costs to a minimum. For example, if we knew there was a specific tire that had to be used we wouldn't have to spend extra money trying all the different tire combinations. Just make the specified tire work.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

This I think could also be where getting the cars on teh track could be a benefit. Are you suggesting that this class have a sort of "spec foam tire" that everyone would run?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cunningham1972
Well here is one more to add to your list it is a 200mm Body From Kyosho.

DBR-9 body set is part# 39284 for clear and pre-finished
body is VZB012.
Im trying to find that (and any other bodyset for that matter) on teh Kyoho Website and I cant locate them anywhere.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

On the topic of spec tires, I believe that extensive testing would need to be done at each track to determine which tire combo would yeild an acceptable grip/wear ratio. It may be a gigantic stretch to find one tire that works on all the differing grades of asphalt we run these cars on. Carpet, on the other hand, would be quite easy to find a spec tire, as most carpet tracks will be more similar than asphalt.

That being said, there are so many different types of chassis that are going to be run in this class, I fear that mandating a spec tire would only prove to suit certain chassis handling characteristics more than others, producing an advantage. Imagine all the various suspension designs working well with just one tire combo: AE block front ends vs. dynamic front ends, t-bar vs. link-pods, adjustable battery position chassis vs. non-adjustable, super old cars vs. super new cars, etc.

These foam tires are cheap, and the fast guys are always going to hand out tire combos to the newbies, so the issue may not be worth dealing with, in my opinion.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:09 AM
Tech Elite

I guess the best thing to do is wait and see what happens since there aren't many cars out yet.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Sharpe
On the topic of spec tires, I believe that extensive testing would need to be done at each track to determine which tire combo would yeild an acceptable grip/wear ratio. It may be a gigantic stretch to find one tire that works on all the differing grades of asphalt we run these cars on. Carpet, on the other hand, would be quite easy to find a spec tire, as most carpet tracks will be more similar than asphalt.

That being said, there are so many different types of chassis that are going to be run in this class, I fear that mandating a spec tire would only prove to suit certain chassis handling characteristics more than others, producing an advantage. Imagine all the various suspension designs working well with just one tire combo: AE block front ends vs. dynamic front ends, t-bar vs. link-pods, adjustable battery position chassis vs. non-adjustable, super old cars vs. super new cars, etc.

These foam tires are cheap, and the fast guys are always going to hand out tire combos to the newbies, so the issue may not be worth dealing with, in my opinion.
Back in the day purple fronts and pink rears worked everywhere on asphalt and Purple fronts and white rears were the ticket on carpet.

In testing we have been running Pink or Double Pink Rears and Double Pink fronts on carpet and asphalt. This is the modern tire combo also used on 1/12th cars on any surface when running Mod or 10.5.

If we were running stock or 17.5 we would have changed to a lower bite rear tires on carpet like white.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.