Search
Like Tree108Likes

Team Associated T5M Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2015, 06:56 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Do not see on teamassociated.com. Anyone know where we can get a wing replacement without having to purchase the entire body?
You will have to cut it slightly different but this should work:

https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/finni...gurney-spoiler

Or you could just cut your own out of a sheet of lexan.
Old 04-20-2015, 10:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

I'm running my truck with a square pack all the way forward and with just a 13.5 I occasionally lift the front tires off the ground. I have fantastic traction. I'm running a mostly kit set up with slightly heavier oils and a gear diff w/3k. Its really easy to drive and I'm turning faster laps than I do with any of my B5Ms regardless of motor. When I first got the truck I decided to run the chassis stock as long as possible. Its been really good. The only chassis mod I did was a CF strap....just because I had it. So far the T5M has been an excellent buy.

**Edit. I run outdoor bluegroove. Running Proline X2 Suburbs with open cell foam. Once the temps outside are consistently over 80 I will run the AKA red foams. I have not broken the truck yet.
Old 04-20-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

On Sunday we kicked off our outdoor race season. Stated this earlier but, the track is medium to low grip, quite smooth though. It is watered between each round, so on the tone it starts slick goes to best grip after a few laps, then by the end it is dry. If you are in the groove it is medium grip, but if you fall out of the groove it is low to loose grip.

So I used Thielke as my base setup. I followed MattK101's suggestion to use 2 rear limiters instead of one. When I first got onto the track to practice I was really worried, the truck wouldn't turn and had no traction. Part of this was the fact that the only surface my truck has seen is carpet, basically traction rich. After a few minutes the groove developed and I stuck to it. It was all coming back to me about throttle control and staying in the groove/racing line. For the most part you can drive anywhere on carpet. My biggest problem was steering. Low speed was fine but with any speed I could turn and just wait about 5 feet before the fronts would hookup. I have two sets of fronts and found the best for the track. They were the same ones I used on my T4, so I must have figured that out before. After talking to one of the setup experts, he doesn't race truck but is a good resource, he said to try going to a softer front spring. So I went from Blue fronts to Grey. I still had a push but got some steering back. And the medium speed sections of the track, as long as I stayed in the groove, were awesome.

One thing I didn't figure out from the Thielke setup was the rear hubs. I have the stock and guessed at what would match his rear stud mount location. I went with the A inserts UP and the center Hole. I think that matches.

So one other T5M was at the track and he TQ'd. He was running Red's in the front and Greys on the rear. He didn't say what oils or limiters but the shock mount locations matched mine.

I just loved running the truck on dirt though. If I can get more steering it would be dialed.
Old 04-20-2015, 04:33 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Micah123
Do not see on teamassociated.com. Anyone know where we can get a wing replacement without having to purchase the entire body?
Easy, just get a J Concepts T5M Finnisher body! They actually sell replacement spoilers! I've asked Proline and they say theres no interest...
So they want to make you buy the body!
https://www.jconcepts.net/shop/finni...gurney-spoiler

Added benefit, they're $6!
Old 04-20-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Thumbs up

T5M PUCK System should be ready this Wednesday ...
Old 04-20-2015, 08:06 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gigasipke
On Sunday we kicked off our outdoor race season. Stated this earlier but, the track is medium to low grip, quite smooth though. It is watered between each round, so on the tone it starts slick goes to best grip after a few laps, then by the end it is dry. If you are in the groove it is medium grip, but if you fall out of the groove it is low to loose grip.

So I used Thielke as my base setup. I followed MattK101's suggestion to use 2 rear limiters instead of one. When I first got onto the track to practice I was really worried, the truck wouldn't turn and had no traction. Part of this was the fact that the only surface my truck has seen is carpet, basically traction rich. After a few minutes the groove developed and I stuck to it. It was all coming back to me about throttle control and staying in the groove/racing line. For the most part you can drive anywhere on carpet. My biggest problem was steering. Low speed was fine but with any speed I could turn and just wait about 5 feet before the fronts would hookup. I have two sets of fronts and found the best for the track. They were the same ones I used on my T4, so I must have figured that out before. After talking to one of the setup experts, he doesn't race truck but is a good resource, he said to try going to a softer front spring. So I went from Blue fronts to Grey. I still had a push but got some steering back. And the medium speed sections of the track, as long as I stayed in the groove, were awesome.

One thing I didn't figure out from the Thielke setup was the rear hubs. I have the stock and guessed at what would match his rear stud mount location. I went with the A inserts UP and the center Hole. I think that matches.

So one other T5M was at the track and he TQ'd. He was running Red's in the front and Greys on the rear. He didn't say what oils or limiters but the shock mount locations matched mine.

I just loved running the truck on dirt though. If I can get more steering it would be dialed.
You're set up guru sent you in the wrong direction. The guy that tq'd probably had the same issues as you but then addef a stiff front spring. With the front end stiff you gain high speed steering and you lose slow speed steering. Vise versa.
Old 04-20-2015, 08:08 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gigasipke

http://www.petitrc.com/reglages/Basi...ing/index.html
Old 04-20-2015, 09:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 61 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Old 04-20-2015, 10:48 PM
Tech Adept

building... need titanium turnbuckles what ones to get?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

jconcepts if you can find them
Old 04-21-2015, 08:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 515 (100%+)

Originally Posted by iMarky
building... need titanium turnbuckles what ones to get?
To a certain extent I don't think it matters. Buy whatever is available. The JCs are good but Lunsfords are just as good. If AE has FT versions those will be the least expensive and have a nice blue sheen but will have the lowest quality.
Old 04-21-2015, 08:29 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 207 (100%+)

Im using ae ft b4.2's on my buggy and they've been flawless after many days of practice/racing.......Will the ae ft t4.2 links work on our new truck...I assume they will?
Old 04-21-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
Im using ae ft b4.2's on my buggy and they've been flawless after many days of practice/racing.......Will the ae ft t4.2 links work on our new truck...I assume they will?
4 of the T4 links are 2.8"...the T5 calls for 6 2.6" links. I had my T4 links still and just took a little off each end with a dremel and they work fine.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by QDRHRSE
The JCs are good but Lunsfords are just as good.
Other than style, they are identical. Lunsford makes JC's turnbuckles.
Old 04-21-2015, 10:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JDM_DOHC_SiR
Desperately needed! My T5m is more than 200grams over weight with a shorty, TI buckles, and Slipper elim. Need to shave more!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.