Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Br00d Racing Motors

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2005, 12:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Chuck, yer one motor already shipped....the p2k2 I think will ship monday, will have to go check. i will be in the shop tomorrow, I will check.....you might even get lucky, as some motors going out tomorrow will be actually built by me.....a rarity....

Later EddieO
Old 09-18-2005, 10:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Sorry if this is a total newbie question as I am not familar the different motors... I am running in a series(F1 at SIR) that allows 19t motors with fixed timing and wondered if any of your motors would be allowed?

Any help would be appreicated.

Charley
Old 09-18-2005, 10:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Charley-
Team Br00d offers 3 different fixed timing 19 turn motor's.
C2 version which is based off the Chameleon 2.
A tuned version of the Reedy Quad Magnet
Then a Atlas 19 turn.
All these motor's are great 19 turns.They have fixed timing.
Email Br00d with what class your running and how big the track is and Im sure they can offer advise on which 19 turn to go with.
Goodluck Racing.
Les
Old 09-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Awesome.. Exactly what I was looking for..

Thanks a lot,

Charley
Old 09-18-2005, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

charley-

the 19T motors that we offer are...

Epic C2
Reedy Quad Mag
Orion Element
Orion V2 Element
Atlas 19T

and to all- all order that were placed this week will be filled to the best of my ability before i leave for the Las Vegas Indoor Champs on tuesday. If you placed an order toward the end of the week or over this weekend, most likely they will be processed when i return on the monday following the race.

thanks,

Peter Robinson
team br00d staff
Old 09-18-2005, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Location: MOOD;; feeling good not racing ,saving shed loads of money,lovely Tan i have aswell

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
charley-

Epic C2
Reedy Quad Mag
Orion Element
Orion V2 Element
Atlas 19T

and to all- all order that were placed this week will be filled to the best of my ability before i leave for the Las Vegas Indoor Champs on tuesday. If you placed an order toward the end of the week or over this weekend, most likely they will be processed when i return on the monday following the race.

thanks,

Peter Robinson
team br00d staff
And good luck peter
make sure eddie0 doesn`t get any raindeer this time
Old 09-18-2005, 12:33 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
charley-

Epic C2
Reedy Quad Mag
Orion Element
Orion V2 Element
Atlas 19T

thanks,

Peter Robinson
team br00d staff

Peter,

I don't see the orion element on the website. I only see the V2 element. Has the other motor been phased out? Good luck in Vegas and remember.....what happens in vegas stays in vegas...LOL
Old 09-18-2005, 05:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

we can build you either the laydown brush conventional endbell version, or the V2 version, whichever you like better.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:34 PM
Tech Regular

Hi Peter,

I have a problem. I have recently bought the Team Broods Cobalt build 7*1. These are the ones that were built with the regular stand up brush hoods instead of the P94s.

My track is reasonably large (40M*30M) and was gearing at 8.9 - 8.6. The issue i am having is that the motor is really quick for the first 1 1/2 mins and then it starts to slow down really badly. the motor will literally not move when it reaches the 3 1/2 min time.

Car : TA05
Track : High Grip/Asphalt
Tires : Sorex 40R
Ambient temp : 32C
Timing : default

This happens even with a fresh com and new brushes. I had another motor that will not even run after break in with new brushes. A few of us has bought the same motors and are having almost identical issues. Is there anything u can help to shed some light on the subject to help salvage the situation? We have tried all the other motors around, V2s, Ti, Yokomo T6 and they all do not have the problems that we have found with the Cobalts.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards
Old 09-18-2005, 08:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

It could be a problem with the brushes. Are you using the XXX brush. If so I have gone through the same thing with the motor losing power durning a race. You might want to try a different type of brush in the motor and try to run it.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by bigdog
It could be a problem with the brushes. Are you using the XXX brush. If so I have gone through the same thing with the motor losing power durning a race. You might want to try a different type of brush in the motor and try to run it.
Hi Big dog,

thanks, are you having a problem with the XXX brushes too? We tried the CS and the 777 they also had the same issues?

Altertively i had a 8*2 with a P94 style brush that had less problems but was really slow. Perhaps these cobalts (am pretty sure Team Brood not the issue here) are really not all its crapped up to be.

Regards
Old 09-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 52zmaster
was wondering what the turn around time was for ordering motors to shipping time i have ordered a monster 9/9 and a P2K2 9/14 hoping to try them the last weekend of the month
thanks Chuck
You're not the only one. I placed a fairly large order on 9/10, still haven't received anything as of yet.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by viper1
My track is reasonably large (40M*30M) and was gearing at 8.9 - 8.6. The issue i am having is that the motor is really quick for the first 1 1/2 mins and then it starts to slow down really badly. the motor will literally not move when it reaches the 3 1/2 min time.
Viper, Have you tried gearing down a little ? I'd be trying a ratio of about 9.5 or so with a 7x1 on a 40X30 track. If the longest straight is only 40M or less you may want to try gearing Down a fraction.

maybe cut the timing back aswell.

Just a thought.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:52 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jack2
Viper, Have you tried gearing down a little ? I'd be trying a ratio of about 9.5 or so with a 7x1 on a 40X30 track. If the longest straight is only 40M or less you may want to try gearing Down a fraction.

maybe cut the timing back aswell.

Just a thought.
Hi Jack,

Thanks, the sweeper and the long straight combined is a good 70meters or approx 220 ft. Even at 8.7 at the current timing the car topped out a little over half of the 70m.Won't mind giving a higher ratio a try but wouldn't that have me peak the motor alot earlier?

regards
Old 09-19-2005, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Viper, yes it would peak earlier. I didn't think the staight+sweeper would be that long.

If you are peaking early, you definatly dont want to gear down. Mabe you need to gear up more, just depends how tight the infeild section is. Maybe gear up and time down.

Do you run a fan on your motor ?

maybe motor cooling should be your next step, 32C ambient is pretty darn hot.

Check these out, they are made by Chevron
Attached Thumbnails Team Br00d Racing Motors-motor-cooling-duct.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.