Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree57Likes

The Speed Passion Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Unfortunately you'll need the old Pro LCD box and the proper update software installed on your computer to change the software on the GT series speed controls. Maybe try asking around your club, if there's anyone who's ran Speed Passion there, they're bound to have one around.
Tried asking around but had no luck. I guess I'll wait till the warehouse shows them in stock again unless someone here has one laying around?
Old 10-14-2013, 06:28 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

if you can get your hands on a hobbywing LCD programming box (the one that looks just like the old SP one) if you flash it with sp's software, it should work.

that is what I use with my Speed Passion Gear. YMMV but if done as I mentioned I haven't heard of anyone having an issue, just make sure you flash the actual box with SP software.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TerribleTy
Need some help here... With the Winter Carpet season approaching Im sure there are many guys and gals gearing up. A few buddies and myself decided we were going SpeedPassion for ESCs this year based on the rep we have heard about them. Many of us purchased the GTV2.1 EX for 12th scale pan as well as WGT. Unfortunately we just figured out we have to upload a different firmware to get our 10.5, 13.5 and 1 cell to work correctly.

First is this indeed the case and second what do I need to update the firmware?

I do have the new Revington Pro 1.1 programmer if there is a way to use that?
I run this bad puppy too!
To Change the firmware you will need to download and install the latest software package for the GT series speedos onto a windows computer. You will also need the LCD programmer (not the LED version). This will usually cost around $30 if you can find one. Hopefully someone where you race can let you borrow. When you connect the ESC to the box and then power up the ESC, you should see an indication that the box is connected to the ESC in the display. If not, the cable may be connected backwards. When the display shows the connection, you can then connect the box to your computer via the USB cable provided with the LCD programmer and then launch the application. the box should now indicate that it is connecting to the computer and communicating. The app will show the current settings for the ESC which can be edited directly from the computer. Click the software tab and there you can choose between the programmer and the ESC. the screen should now show the hardware and software versions for the Programmer or ESC depending on which you chose. Down toward the bottom there is a dropdown for software to change to. Pick the latest version you wish to install and click "upgrade" Leave it alone till the process is finished. Now do the same for the ESC and you will be all set. I started with the programmer box first because I have no way of knowing what version of programmer firmware will be installed when you get it. If you are lucky, it will already be the latest.

Good luck!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:58 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Need some help here... With the Winter Carpet season approaching Im sure there are many guys and gals gearing up. A few buddies and myself decided we were going SpeedPassion for ESCs this year based on the rep we have heard about them. Many of us purchased the GTV2.1 EX for 12th scale pan as well as WGT. Unfortunately we just figured out we have to upload a different firmware to get our 10.5, 13.5 and 1 cell to work correctly.

Originally Posted by YoDog
I run this bad puppy too!
To Change the firmware you will need to download and install the latest software package for the GT series speedos onto a windows computer. You will also need the LCD programmer (not the LED version). This will usually cost around $30 if you can find one. Hopefully someone where you race can let you borrow. When you connect the ESC to the box and then power up the ESC, you should see an indication that the box is connected to the ESC in the display. If not, the cable may be connected backwards. When the display shows the connection, you can then connect the box to your computer via the USB cable provided with the LCD programmer and then launch the application. the box should now indicate that it is connecting to the computer and communicating. The app will show the current settings for the ESC which can be edited directly from the computer. Click the software tab and there you can choose between the programmer and the ESC. the screen should now show the hardware and software versions for the Programmer or ESC depending on which you chose. Down toward the bottom there is a dropdown for software to change to. Pick the latest version you wish to install and click "upgrade" Leave it alone till the process is finished. Now do the same for the ESC and you will be all set. I started with the programmer box first because I have no way of knowing what version of programmer firmware will be installed when you get it. If you are lucky, it will already be the latest.

Good luck!
I am not familiar with any SP esc's pre Reventon, but the way I read your advice is connect the programmer and "power up" the esc. Then you mention connecting to a computer. I know if you hook up a Reventon to the battery and the computer at the same time you'll let out the factory smoke. You may want to double check...
Old 10-14-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Xpress
I am not familiar with any SP esc's pre Reventon, but the way I read your advice is connect the programmer and "power up" the esc. Then you mention connecting to a computer. I know if you hook up a Reventon to the battery and the computer at the same time you'll let out the factory smoke. You may want to double check...
GT 2.0 and 2.1 ESCS do require a battery to operate, or a rx pack to be plugged into the program box
Old 10-14-2013, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

...bump...

Originally Posted by skyball
...did anyone notice? A new software (plus manuals) has recently been released on the Speed Passion site: http://www.speedpassion.net/en/download.asp

Has anyone tried it already? The version is V1.1.0.23. Unfortunately, according to the description, it doesn't include new stock firmware, only mod, drift and crawler.

Christian
Old 10-15-2013, 06:31 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

does the GT2.1 EX need a 2S pack to power up for setting changes. I seem to recall when I ran my GT2.0's on 1S power that I couldn't adjust settings without either using a 2S pack or powering the LCD box separate.

Not sure if that applies to the 2.1 EX though.
Old 10-15-2013, 06:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

EX doesn't
Old 10-15-2013, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
Thx for the answer.
Did you use the standard timing boards or an optional timing board when you've tested those motors?
Oh yes....I used the YELLOW board set in the middle....carpet gear around 4.5 (MMM) and outdoor gear around 3.8 (V3)
Old 10-15-2013, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14
can anyone please post a link for putting the GT2.1 Pro stock in blinky mode? Thanks in advance
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Champion

You have to understand...there are at least 2 type of 12th scale or WGT racing....one is BLINKY no timing (stock) and the other is MOD....there are no ESC in this world can be used without software loading for BOTH classes, you must have to use the right software for the right class to be legal (and fast).

For GT2 EX, you will need the GT2 LCD PRO card (not the REVENTON card)...

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/prolcd/

Now....watch this video about how to load the software...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

And download the latest interface for GT2 (not REVENTON) For blinky, make sure you load the "V3_508_No_Timing"....for boost, please run the "428stock" or "428mod"

http://www.speedpassion.net/uploadfi....38_120521.zip
Old 10-15-2013, 10:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by skyball
...did anyone notice? A new software (plus manuals) has recently been released on the Speed Passion site: http://www.speedpassion.net/en/download.asp

Has anyone tried it already? The version is V1.1.0.23. Unfortunately, according to the description, it doesn't include new stock firmware, only mod, drift and crawler.

Christian
What new stock firmware new to revise...? Stock1 or Stock0.....?

Stock0 has no update, the current version is ROAR approved and it is working fine....

Stock1 (BOOST - Turbo) we will have the update soon, we are testing it with the Team Durango TC and Viktor now and once we have fix some minor issue we will release that...
Old 10-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Nego
will the GT V2.1 Pro Stock Edition work for 1/12 with the lipo booster also?
I think so.....
Old 10-15-2013, 10:50 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by kevniau
Need to confirm this.

I got REVENTON-R esc. Can I use SP 5.5T motor for this esc???

In SpeedPassion product web site, it stated REVENTON-R motor limit is 7.5T or slower.
In SpeedPassion PDF manual , it stated REVENTON-R motor limit is 5.5T or slower.

SP 5.5T max amp is 65A

Which one is correct??
Yes you can....go ahead.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Cain
if you can get your hands on a hobbywing LCD programming box (the one that looks just like the old SP one) if you flash it with sp's software, it should work.

that is what I use with my Speed Passion Gear. YMMV but if done as I mentioned I haven't heard of anyone having an issue, just make sure you flash the actual box with SP software.
I was told the latest HW no longer working with SP interface because HW is running the latest V3 and SP has already stopped developing for the GT, their latest card already has the V3 interface inside and it CANNOT back down to the old GT interface that SPEED PASSION is using.....

I have couple customer bring it in for me to crack and I cannot crack that down....so I would stick with the SPEED PASSION LCD card which is instock at the Speed power online store....

http://shop.speedpowerrc.com/prolcd/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.