Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advance R/C Car R10 2015

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 01:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Yes hope jilles does well at titc,there is a short vid on the arc Facebook page of jilles running the car,looked good
Old 02-22-2015, 05:01 AM
Tech Initiate

I have purchased the low friction pulley set. can i use the original black rear diff case together with the white low friction pulley? Or do i need to use the white low friction rear diff case aswell?

Last edited by Sti2; 02-22-2015 at 10:53 AM.
Old 02-22-2015, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Sti2
I have purchased the low friction pulley set. can i use the original black rear diff case together with the white low friction pulley? Or do i need to use the white low friction rear diff case aswell?
i believe you can, but why not just use the complete low friction diff complete ??
Old 02-22-2015, 09:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

I have learned it really doesn't make a difference on the LF pulleys. My lap times are the same! Since then I have been using the black diff and gears rubber belts in mod and its fine. I got many sets of rubber belts so Im set. I have used the alum chassis on carpet and I am not finding any traction. Could be the Solaris spec tires we have to use but I think im going to try the reg chassis next time out.
Old 02-23-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi guys, need some input from the gurus.
The local track I race is a medium sized asphalt one with some tight turns. The fast guy in 17.5 uses a HB TCX(X) and that car turns really well. It just out-handles the rest of that pack. I drove the car and it can turn really sharp while keeping the rear end in tact. Looked at the car, and the biggest difference I can see is that it uses a 2.5mm upper and lower deck, which makes the car VERY STIFF. I think this is what gives it that quick feeling.

You think an alum chassis would give it more rigidity?
Old 02-23-2015, 12:36 PM
Tech Elite

I tested the alum chassis on asphalt. I liked it I'm just not sold on it. ARC has one of the best turning cars out there. The thicker top plate does give it more of a bounce back feeling after the turn to me. The 1.6 top plate also works well.
Old 02-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

inpuressa you might also try

4mm front wheel hex's & if you have the steering arm in the kit position on the steering knuckle try moving them to the forward hole
Old 02-24-2015, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Josh-n-ya
I have learned it really doesn't make a difference on the LF pulleys. My lap times are the same! Since then I have been using the black diff and gears rubber belts in mod and its fine. I got many sets of rubber belts so Im set. I have used the alum chassis on carpet and I am not finding any traction. Could be the Solaris spec tires we have to use but I think im going to try the reg chassis next time out.
After your spring change. Your car didn't handle better? Grip has been really good with Solaris tires
Old 02-24-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Juan Aveytia
After your spring change. Your car didn't handle better? Grip has been really good with Solaris tires
Lol! Got worse raising up in the rear. Funny how that trick works at some tracks and not others. Layed all the way down and got better still with med/green springs. I'm almost there. Could have probably won but clipped a dot and got wedged in between a barrier. Solaris tires aren't all that. They feel like plastic tires with air in the middle. Sorex carpet tires were way better. Oh well we're stuck with what we got to use.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

Lol! Got worse raising up in the rear. Funny how that trick works at some tracks and not others. Layed all the way down and got better still with med/green springs. I'm almost there. Could have probably won but clipped a dot and got wedged in between a barrier. Solaris tires aren't all that. They feel like plastic tires with air in the middle. Sorex carpet tires were way better. Oh well we're stuck with what we got to use.
I don't think anyone has really ever questioned the performance of sorex. People just seem most comfortable with a spec tire

Last edited by Juan Aveytia; 02-24-2015 at 09:51 PM.
Old 02-24-2015, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I watched your main. Everyone else car was running fine with Solaris. It's a spec tire. Learn to tune to the tire. Yes,as Juan mentioned everyone knows Sorex work well, but the guy who brought us the carpet is also the guy who imports the tire we use as a spec tire. It works decent. Show some respect.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by racenut123
I watched your main. Everyone else car was running fine with Solaris. It's a spec tire. Learn to tune to the tire. Yes,as Juan mentioned everyone knows Sorex work well, but the guy who brought us the carpet is also the guy who imports the tire we use as a spec tire. It works decent. Show some respect.
No respect lost. My car was running fine too. Guess I cant have an opinion.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:53 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

What chassis does everyone run on asphalt, 2.0 or 2.25mm?
Old 02-25-2015, 11:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Frank Root
What chassis does everyone run on asphalt, 2.0 or 2.25mm?
on low grip tight/technical track i'm using the 2mm, on medium grip more flowing track i'm using 2.25mm (kit)
with the 2mm chassis i think there are 2 variant of this chassis a hard & soft,someone will be able to confirm this
Old 02-25-2015, 11:50 AM
TLRacing

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Does anyone have experience at the Ventura Roadrunners Club (Camarillo) that can help categorize that track?

Which chassis will be best for the Tamiya Track (for Reedy Race)?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.