Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2001, 05:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Very cool blade conversion. What parts do you need to complete that. I see the 7Even uses aluminum outdrives (very cool), and I don't want them to wear out.

Thanks for the other input, I think I'll be picking one up (next paycheck).
Old 08-31-2001, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hello Rex,

The blade conversion is fairly straight forward.The blade part comes from Xray T1.I find them very srong and reliable.The other one would be Shumacher blades.They are a little softer and you have to drill the cvd pin hole on the blade bigger where as the Xray ones doesn't.It fits right on.The other thing is on the cvd pin itself you need a very thin spacers.It can be just wire tube that I took about .5mm thin.It's very thin,so the blade goes on top of it and it evenly space out the blade on the cvd.Reason I why use wire tube(strip from a power wire),it's rubbery and it does not make any metal to metal contact that can cause glitching.It is reliable too.I got pics of them on how to do it soon.It's picture by picture.This is 95% bullet proof to safe the nice aluminium
lite weight diff.The other 5% would be bad alignment and wear.Works great with my 6x2 mod.No signs of wear or breakage.
Stay tune for the pics.

Chrisman.
Old 09-04-2001, 01:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Pictures and details of 'our' blade conversion and more at :

http://www.rcracenews.co.uk/rclabtech.html
Old 09-04-2001, 12:40 PM
Tech Rookie

Wink

I was needing some help gearing for a p2k running the stock 92 spur gear
Old 09-04-2001, 01:19 PM
Tech Rookie

gearing depends on sooo many things, if its an outdoor track I would suggest starting about 29, 20 ish and work your way up
Old 09-04-2001, 11:47 PM
Tech Addict

i was thinking of getting a new car and the RCLab Seven 6.0 is definitely one of my choices. the other car in mind is the Losi XXX-S. well my basis for choosing a car is durability. I've been through a TC3, didn't get well adapted with the car because i always had to take extra care when running past and through the pipes then i proceeded to an HPI Pro2. this is so far the car most adapted to me but its getting kinda old.

How would the RCLab compare to the Pro 2 in terms of durability and handling...
Old 09-05-2001, 12:03 AM
Tech Rookie

The XXX-S is a very good car but appears to be a little fragile with breakages of front wishbones, shock towers and even steering bellcranks. It works great on the kit setup but appears to be a little tricky to fine tune.

The RC Lab is a very strong car and easy to work on too.

I would say handling wise it is like the pro2 in many ways but more stable and balanced.

We have a review at :
http://www.rcracenews.co.uk/articles/rclab.html
Old 09-05-2001, 06:15 AM
Tech Addict

rc racenews: thanks man! i still have to check with parts availability in HK... would you know how much these kits would cost in HK?

i also posted in the HK thread and was asking about the car... well the locals there mentioned that the car isn't very popular with them... actually i was a more positive response HK being a colony of UK a few years back...
Old 09-07-2001, 09:36 PM
Tech Elite

Hello Every one,

I have some pictures here for getting the rear diff blades done.Check it out.I find this is the best to acheive a good blade set up.

Old 09-07-2001, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Here's some more.

There you go.....step by step and hope this will help you racers out there.

Chrisman.
Old 09-08-2001, 07:51 PM
Tech Addict

Hi all,

Just finished at the Canadian Roar Nationals last weekend. It was held in Edmonton, Alberta. They have a beautiful, large perament track. Practice was good and I had the 7even pretty dialed for mod but the control tire were Yok. 138G and only lasted 1 to 2 runs. I didn't have the funds to back all the tires I would need. Everyone was also showing the same results so I switched to stock. They weren't soo hard on the tires. The problem now is to find a setup during qualifying, not good.

Jesse gave me his setup and was working good but not good enough. We also had problems getting the most out of our handout motors. Jesse worked hard to get more ponies out of the motors and I revamped our setup to get it better. We managed to get in to the "A" main regardless of all our problems.

I made a last ditch effort to rebuild the car the night before the mains in a different setup and prayed for the best. It payed off cause the cars were dialed. We were still under powered and figured out that the roll out we were using was all wrong.

After all that, I managed a good 5th and Jesse brought it home in 8th. We were very pleased since we had the cars less than 2 weeks before the nats. The cars are easy to drive even using a wrong setup and balistic when setup right.

Damage report is minimal with a broken rear lower hinge pin and a stipped ball cup after another car jumped a board and it looked like the car was gonna need major surgery.

Can't wait to put this car thru more testing and find out all it's capabilities. It is soo smooth right out of the box and it managed to attract alot of attention from other racers.

Last edited by MYXTYPLYX; 09-08-2001 at 07:54 PM.
Old 09-08-2001, 08:07 PM
Tech Elite

Hey MTYX,

Well done at the Canadian Nats.You had showed them what this car is made off and can handle the toughest situation.With only just 2 weeks in the car and it made it to the A main, is one awesome job.Next big race we'll be ready to terrorize the track ............as for Jesse...he's done very good considered he had it 1week less.Now I think he's gonna keep his Pro 3 in the closet until the Hpi challenge. I'll see you guys on Sunday.

I'll try to post some pics here of the track and hopefully we get together with a photo shoot for the site.

Chrisman.
Old 09-10-2001, 02:01 PM
Tech Rookie

Cool

Those are some sweet pictures!
Old 09-10-2001, 05:12 PM
Tech Elite

Hey Streetwheels,

You are welcome.I'm glad these pictures are of some help or attractions.....

Chrisman.
Old 09-12-2001, 11:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Brushless RC-Lab 7-6.0 Pro

Here's one for you all, our latest brushless motor installed in the RC-Lab.

Mike
ModelTech/RC-Lab UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.