Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Canadian R/C Scene
NEW!!!!!!! Indoor onroad track GORCRACING (Cloverdale) >

NEW!!!!!!! Indoor onroad track GORCRACING (Cloverdale)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NEW!!!!!!! Indoor onroad track GORCRACING (Cloverdale)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Default NEW!!!!!!! Indoor onroad track GORCRACING (Cloverdale)

Hello Everyone,

I am proud to tell you that our On Road indoor track is now open , GoRcRacing has purchased 360 from Korgae and I have moved this track to my facility ,Korgae and I agree that this will be better for the On road racing community. The track will be opened 6 days a week,Tuesdy To Friday from 3pm to 9pm,Saturday from 12pm to 9pm and Sunday from 12pm to 8 pm. We'll also be open for club booking and birthday parties, membership will be available and pricing will be posted on our web site.

As well as our On Road course, GoRcRacing also offers a one of a kind, hand made, slot car course. Our Heli course, is the only indoor helicopter course in the Lower Mainland. Why practice in the wind, when you can come to a facility to work on your skills, without having the interruption of wind.

There will also parts available for any break downs you have. We also offer rental cars, for beginners, who are new to this hobby. There will be refreshments and a snack bar available to you, as well.

Also we are changing our evening track rates anyone arriving after 7pm is 15 dollars for the rest of the night

We are offering unlimited practice time for 80 dollars per month

Race will start as of Mid April will be posting dates

Hope to see you all soon!

Chris

(cell) 778-868-9772
(shop) 604-574-6462
www.gorcracing.com Check out the track pics
[email protected]
Old 03-31-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Looks great can't wait to come down and run some laps
Old 04-02-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Just went and met Chris and checked out the setup looks really good perfect for the rainy days we seem to get .
I hope we can get some good turnout there I am not ready to put my 12th scale on the shelf yet...
Rob Hall
Old 04-05-2011, 12:38 PM
Tech Initiate

i've been there once, very good facility. its been a while since i had so much fun driving my car. very relaxed enviroment.unfortunatly i'll b busy for next couple months so won't be able to touch my rcs for while. but i'll definately come out once everything is settled.

Tad
Old 04-05-2011, 09:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Rufslider
i've been there once, very good facility. its been a while since i had so much fun driving my car. very relaxed enviroment.unfortunatly i'll b busy for next couple months so won't be able to touch my rcs for while. but i'll definately come out once everything is settled.

Tad
My hart is with you Tad we will play together again asap
Buda prays
Old 04-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I haven't had a chance to stop by and check it out just yet. I keep hearing this is a great place to go and play. I'll try and make it down there as soon as real life lets up a bit.
Old 04-23-2011, 05:26 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Racing starts next weekend :)

Hey Guys

Just a quick update we have our timing system in now and we are planing on starting racing next weekend
will be posting a schedule at the beginning of the week

Thanks Chris
Old 04-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Tech Adept

what classes are we running
Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey Chris thanks for everything yesterday me and the boys had a fun practice day, the track is getting faster, looks like I need to put in a 13.5 in my Xray to keep up - looking forward to running again.
Old 04-26-2011, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Racing Starts April 30 :)

The classes that we will be running are

Tamia Mini Class

Novice Class

1/12 Class

World GT Class

Touring Stock 17.5 Brushless

Traxxas 1/16

If you have any suggestions for other classes feel free to give us a call

All rates are on our website at www.gorcracing.com

First race starts April 30th track will be open at 9am for practicing racing starts at 2pm

If you would like to sign up earlier please say what classes you would like to run and give us your transponder number

Thanks Chris
Old 05-09-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Initiate

Default VTA?

Usvintagetransam.com

Its big in the states. It looks interesting to me and a way for door to door racing with very little investment. I know a couple of people looking to get into this, but wouldn't it be great if we cpuld have a lot more.

We can follow the rules as stated, or all agree on something like 21.5 or 17.5 motors, and race on a bi-weekly basis. Again gearing can be set or open, but with different bodies and "spec tires" we could keep everyone pretty close.

Anyone for this @ GORCRACING?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:32 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For what it's worth KARZ in Calgary run VTA. You can check www.karz.ca to see the rules we use.
(And I think WCICS also.)
Old 05-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

is that 1/10 awd mini with real car bodies?

Originally Posted by LOWPAO
Usvintagetransam.com

Its big in the states. It looks interesting to me and a way for door to door racing with very little investment. I know a couple of people looking to get into this, but wouldn't it be great if we cpuld have a lot more.

We can follow the rules as stated, or all agree on something like 21.5 or 17.5 motors, and race on a bi-weekly basis. Again gearing can be set or open, but with different bodies and "spec tires" we could keep everyone pretty close.

Anyone for this @ GORCRACING?
Old 05-10-2011, 12:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Its 4wd touring car with late 60's early 70's bodies. Hpi rims and tire so they are all the same. Only differences will be the hot rod bodies which will look more diverse than the mazda 6 tc body everyone favors in tc stock or mod. Cheap class where you don't need a bunch of hop ups to compete. I'll see if some friends with some ff03 fwd chassis wanna join and see if they can be competitive with my ex-difter sprint 2 from hpi. They sell this car with everything you need minus a esc and motor. The non bl version of sprint RTR is roughly 200. I've seen Novak systems with the compliant 21.5 motor go for 150 usd from amain. Its far from the 300-600 chassis kits that some use for touring ie: xray t3, ta tc6, and tamiya 417.

Good class for novice all the way to advanced. Just another class for me as I only run mini m05 and f1
Old 05-11-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Initiate

I was out there Sunday afternoon running my VTA car for a couple hours. I'm using a 21.5 and I'm really happy with how it's working. Even with the HPI vintage tires it seems to be handling nicely. Basically I'm good to go for racing in this class. The guys out there seem excited to see the vintage cars and are excited to see them race. Lap counter is set up and transponders are available for those who don have one.
So...who wants to race?

Gerry

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.