Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2004, 01:23 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by KilRuf
It can not be used unless if you grind out the arms to make them fit like they did in Europe. It would require alot of modification. See pics on the German Nats forum of Marc's 415.

I beleive Square is coming out with a set. But don't quote me on that. Dave would know more on this....
They did dremel away a little on the arms and enlarge the hole in the arms for the outer hingepins using a 3mm drill. Then a shim on the hingepin as itīs a little too long thats all.

Yes Square will release aluminium uprights for the new suspension. Thanks forty6 for the link.
But the questions is did they also go for larger 5x10 or 5x11 bearings? If not they are pretty useless.
Old 09-04-2004, 01:25 AM
V12
Tech Elite

I took some pics of my EvoIV with the pro4 front spindle, 415 axle, and EvoIV dogbone. Here they are.

This first pic shows the Pro4 spindle with a Pro4 axle and TC3 dogbone above the stock EvoIV spindle and parts. This was before I changed out the Pro4 axle with the 415 axle and shims.
Very interesting pictures. But why did you use TC3 dogbones on the Pro4 axle?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:29 AM
V12
Tech Elite

This next pic show the Pro4 spindle installed with the 415 axle and Evo IV dogbone. Note the .75mm shim under the spindle. And also the Tamiya silver 6mm wheel hexes. You need to use axle shims to take out the play in the 415 axle. I used about .9mm worth of shims. .4mm of shims on one side of the axle and .5mm shims on the other side of the axle next to the 6mm wheel hex. I think the best option would be to use the Square Ti Pro4 axles (non MIP style). This will eliminate the need for all those shims.
Another question, do you have to use the 6mm hexes also with the 24mm wheels for rubber tires if going with the Pro4 spindle? Or is this for foams only?
Old 09-04-2004, 01:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

V12... Dave posted earlier of a Pro4 Spindle swap that called for the TC3 dogbones because they are Blue and the Pro4 dogbones are Purple. So Purple dogbones would look funny on a Blue car. TC3 and Pro4 dogbones are the same size. So to keep the car matching..........

6mm wheel hexes can be used with 24mm rubber tires. But the main concern for alot of people here in the states is running the car on carpet with 28mm foams. Plus it's also a Japanese Rubber tire EvoIV setup to use 6mm wheel hexes up front and the 4mm hexes in the back with a shim.

One side note though... when using the 415 axles and shimmed out... with 6mm hexes... the front width will be about 191~193mm. This is with C/A front blocks and foam and rubber tires. Perhaps with A/A front blocks it will be 190mm on the dot. I'd highly suggest using the Square Pro4 Ti Axles (non MIP) if you are worried about making the 190mm width rule.

Dang.. it's getting late... almost 5am here and I have to open up the track at 9am! haha... Oh well.. another late night working on the car the day before the race... when will I ever learn! If only I didn't volunteer to open up the track early I could get some sleep!

Oh well.. off to bed. Gonna see how I do with 2° caster blocks and Pro4 Spindles in Stock and 19t....

Jimmy Mac
Old 09-04-2004, 05:23 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

V12... Dave posted earlier of a Pro4 Spindle swap that called for the TC3 dogbones because they are Blue and the Pro4 dogbones are Purple. So Purple dogbones would look funny on a Blue car. TC3 and Pro4 dogbones are the same size. So to keep the car matching..........

6mm wheel hexes can be used with 24mm rubber tires. But the main concern for alot of people here in the states is running the car on carpet with 28mm foams. Plus it's also a Japanese Rubber tire EvoIV setup to use 6mm wheel hexes up front and the 4mm hexes in the back with a shim.

One side note though... when using the 415 axles and shimmed out... with 6mm hexes... the front width will be about 191~193mm. This is with C/A front blocks and foam and rubber tires. Perhaps with A/A front blocks it will be 190mm on the dot. I'd highly suggest using the Square Pro4 Ti Axles (non MIP) if you are worried about making the 190mm width rule.

Dang.. it's getting late... almost 5am here and I have to open up the track at 9am! haha... Oh well.. another late night working on the car the day before the race... when will I ever learn! If only I didn't volunteer to open up the track early I could get some sleep!

Oh well.. off to bed. Gonna see how I do with 2° caster blocks and Pro4 Spindles in Stock and 19t....

Jimmy Mac

Good pic`s!! now if you get around to doing the rear you be in there
-Dave
Old 09-04-2004, 05:31 AM
V12
Tech Elite

Dave
do you know anything one the new Square uprights?
What bearing size they are using?
Old 09-04-2004, 05:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by V12
Dave
do you know anything one the new Square uprights?
What bearing size they are using?

they will use the same 950 Bearing!! ...Oh well I have a set of the HPI oned for the Pro4 that are getting color changed as we speak to Tamiya Blue.. so it looks like both my EVO4 and 415 will have the Pro4 Knuckle and front steering hub..
-Dave
Old 09-04-2004, 05:47 AM
Tech Elite

I would change the rear over Dave. But my problem here is finding a drill bit that is 2.6mm....... Any suggestions? I work for a Japanese company here... and even they don't have any.... Only 2.5mm Maybe I could use that?

Anyways.. off to the track. Hopefully it won't rain. If it does... looks like carpet racing. Then I'll get to test out foamies hehe... Is there any word of a 3mm chassis yet for this car?
Old 09-04-2004, 05:55 AM
Tech Master

I would change the rear over Dave. But my problem here is finding a drill bit that is 2.6mm....... Any suggestions? I work for a Japanese company here... and even they don't have any.... Only 2.5mm Maybe I could use that?

Anyways.. off to the track. Hopefully it won't rain. If it does... looks like carpet racing. Then I'll get to test out foamies hehe... Is there any word of a 3mm chassis yet for this car?
Ask and ye shall receive....
Mcmaster part # 8950A44
Old 09-04-2004, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default team bomber shaft

any idea where I can pick up one of these? i ran the EVO 4 yesterday and wouldn't ya know, i blew out one of the drive cups - on a pretty mild wall hit wouldn't ya know

also, do you guys have any problems with the motor can hitting the back part of the chassis? i noticed this yesterday when I was running the car - major glitching! btw, I was running a Binary stock motor

finally, JDM, do you know if Square still makes the RED gearboxes for the EVO III? I'm having a really hard time getting them here in the states

thanks

vic
Old 09-04-2004, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

ill secong the Bomber shaft info... id like to find one of these, too.
Old 09-04-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tamiyadriver
ill secong the Bomber shaft info... id like to find one of these, too.
Here ya go........

Rainbowten
http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html

3473434745105,G STYLE,,3800yen,TB20005 TEAM BOMBER EVO4 LIGHT WEIGHT CARBON CENTER SHAFT
Old 09-04-2004, 02:05 PM
Tech Champion

Default Re: team bomber shaft

Originally posted by hierog

JDM, do you know if Square still makes the RED gearboxes for the EVO III? I'm having a really hard time getting them here in the states

thanks

vic
Yes they still make them but I have yet to see any at the hobby shops in a while
Old 09-04-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

Are the Evo3 and Evo4 diff and 1-way gears the same?

I thought I knew but now I am not sure.
Old 09-04-2004, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks Forty6 for the part number on the bit. Gonna try a few other places in town first before I order one from them.

Car ran pretty good today with a semi-German Nats setup with the 2° caster blocks. Had tons of steering for stock and 19t. TQ and Win in 19t. Q2nd and Win in Stock. Ended up with AE Gold fronts and AE Silver rears for the mains. The Yellows all around during qualifying were alittle edgy. The AE springs just felt better. Especially in stock. Car felt dialed.

Now is it me or what... but do Sorex 36's seem like a good all around tire? I ran them for the mains with track temp at 85° and the car was dialed. I dunno... Anyways...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.