new tc4 being worked on!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

new tc4 being worked on!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Elite

according to the guy its definatly driven by a shaft!
Old 02-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

no "Rubber Band" car
Old 02-09-2004, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

thats exactly what he said!
Old 02-09-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

yep
Old 02-09-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Master

1 yes we live in florida 2 I wasn'tm kidding 3 I don't car. 4 if you want to brag about the C main on the off road track go ahead! It just doesn't matter.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:03 PM
Tech Elite

offroad yea it was kinda bad man. really bumpy
Old 02-09-2004, 04:04 PM
Tech Elite

it amazes me how brite you guys up in jacksonville are! dude your barking up the wrong tree.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:08 PM
Tech Elite

there was going to be a redesigned chassis to eliminate the warping problem.

and the batteries are going to placed differently .

i also looked at the nitro car a saw the new rear shock tower and redesigned rear suspension it looked good i am also wondering how much will change on the new car.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

yep, some Ae guys were runnign the nitro rear and front (i belive) shock towers.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:11 PM
Tech Elite

also maybe put the shaft lower to the chassis.
Old 02-09-2004, 05:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
also maybe put the shaft lower to the chassis.
Then what are you going to run for a spur? 70 tooth 64 pitch is not going to improve performance!!

Phil...
Old 02-09-2004, 06:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I don't know Hector and he doesn't know me. I'm just a back marker to him.. haha. But I can back him up on this one. Even though his mouth is bigger than his arse. But I stood there overhearing the "AE Guy" talking to another guy trying to pull out as much info as he could. And the "AE Guy" just kept saying "All I can say is it's still shaft drive. That's all I can say." So I guess it's up to you guys to figure out what it is.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:12 PM
Tech Master

I would put my money on that the new TC4 has been in development less than a month after the TC3 was released if not before. Its hard to improve on such a stable well thoughtout design. There have probably been dozens of prototypes that havent been suscessful. And there may be dozens more. Associated didnt get where they are by waiting for technology to develope, they developed it. You dont dominate an industry for 20 plus years by being the second guy to come out with something. When they come up with something better than the TC3, it will be the new TC4. But it has to be a better design and better overall idea and cost effective for them to spend hundreds of thousands to put into production something as big as an AE kit. Since the TC3 came out it has dominated the sport from the start. How many other chassis have other companies come out with while the TC3 continues to win national titles one after the other. The TC3 will be here for a while yet,and will still be here after the new chassis is released. I look forward to the new kit but its not my job to worry about it I have a TC3 to worry about. If some guys spent as much time on thier current cars as they did looking for the next magic chassis to come out they wouldnt be waiting for a new chassis, they would be winning with the one they have.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:58 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

Default Your no Tony Phalen

I've met Tony Phalen

I know what kind of Guy he is

I have seen Tony Phalen Race

I've raced against Tony Phalen

I have beat Tony Phalen in a race {side note he would kick my a** Today though}

MY Friend, Your no Tony Phalen

He didn't earn the Nickname TQ Tony Phalen because he is slow, and didn't know how to set up his car. Who cares if there working on a TC4, no kidding, I'd bet money they come out with a T5 and B5 one day, it might be 15 years down the road but one day. this thread would be funner if you actually recorded someone saying this, or added some spy shots.

God bless Associated for having an R & D Department

Old 02-09-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: Your no Tony Phalen

[QUOTE]Originally posted by TCR
this thread would be funner if you actually recorded someone saying this, or added some spy shots.

Just wondering, is "funner" a real word?
Just kidding bro.

I think it is only a matter of time before Associated will come out with their next generation (4) electric sedan. I think that they won't until they come up with something alot better than the TC3, which is no short order! As far as when, only time will tell. We all can say whatever we want on here, but we will still have to wait and see. Nothing is going to change that I am sure. It has been very entertaining reading this thread. It's like a train wreck, I just can't look away!! (quote stolen from the controversial Associated 4x4 electric buggy thread. Pretty sure it was TPhalin.)

Last edited by Art Jensen; 02-09-2004 at 08:29 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.