Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Rc10ntc3

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 11:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

thanks for all of the tips, it is greatly apprecaited! (now i can go and kick some mugen ....., well lets just say it will be a driving clinic ) anyway the track isnt exactly high grip. its a parking lot, with rather abrasive asphault, and eventually there will be soda put down, but it isnt blown off, although i found i had sufficent traction with the tires i was running (And also suntan lotion, although the lotion didnt make a noticable difference, but then again the car wasnt getting loose of anything).

i will try using the baker foam set up springs. also i totally locked down the steering like i did with my electric tc3, although i have stripped out both screws that hold in the bellcranks twice now, and not even with high speed collisions.... has anyone else had this problem? because besides that this car is rather bullet proof with the rpm bumper (the stock one sucked though).
Old 07-22-2002, 11:46 PM
Tech Addict

anybody is interested in Kawahara centax for NTC3, let me know
Old 07-23-2002, 03:51 AM
Tech Elite

Default Kawahara Centax

I'm interested, BIG TIME.
Old 07-23-2002, 06:03 AM
Tech Apprentice

me too!!!
Old 07-23-2002, 08:50 AM
Tech Elite

Ooh, Ooh, mee mee mee!
Old 07-23-2002, 09:26 AM

Sorry Island guy! The Ae tank is junk! If you did get it to run on big tracks after a couple weeks the tank gets out of round and won't seal at the lid. Put a serpent or mugen tank on it and be done! I'd send my stock AE tank but I let me kid use it for batting practice! What are you using rear or side exhaust? Sounds like your having good luck with it so good for you, you must be using side exhaust. Theres only a few of you guys out there that is'nt having tank troubles.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Comparing offroad racing like the GT bouncing all over the place and never hitting peak revs to onroad where you can be at full revs for a few seconds at a time is like comparing night and day. Cogradulations Island Guy you are one of a handfull not having any problems with the AE fuel disposal. Batting practice is a great option for it. The only people I've seen not having the problem are running their motors extremely rich or are running a side exhaust engine. The solution is on the way............trust me.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Tech Regular

Things that make you go Hmmm!!!!
Long or short track, No problems.

Like Island said, it is the same tank that has been in the Truck for years. If the tank is junk? Why is the problem just now arising? Can anyone answer that or just Keep saying the tank is junk and I am a Bad driver, and I don't know what I am talking about? I also would think that a Off-road vehicle would slosh the fuel around more than a Sedan could ever. Except for those who like to jump the Sedan. Heck I have even tried to jump mine, Weeee.

I Run Rear Exhast for Clarification.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:56 AM
Tee
Tech Apprentice

I would ask for a smaller track...
Old 07-23-2002, 11:47 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Ohhh Centax for me too.
Old 07-23-2002, 01:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

has anyone tried the V one R tank? the only reason i ask is because it has that overflow thingie (technical term tere ) which is a nice feature with an overzealous pitguy. or will the new version of the tank be out soon? since i rather not have to drill and countsink holes in my chassis.

and finally, i am not having any fuel come out of the pipe, but it is like a washing machine inside of the tank (i am running a rear exhaust), all i see if blue foam, and while it is running i have no clue how much fuel is left, and after a 5 minute race i end up with around 1/8 to 3/16 of an inch of fuel left in the bottom of the tank, so i am pretty close on fuel, would a new tank sovle this?
Old 07-23-2002, 02:11 PM
Tech Addict

rayhuang, stefan, wtleadfoot, Boomer, INFERN0: do you guys check your PM? if so, i will send you guys some info...

Old 07-23-2002, 11:22 PM
Tech Apprentice

ok its time to get a donk for my ntc3

its pullstart version
im thinkin of a collari, RB, or a novarossi cx12

so if anyone of u guys that have one of these could tell me some of the pros and cons of the engine id be very apreciated
Old 07-24-2002, 08:53 AM
Tech Initiate

ME-Student,

I am interested in the centax clutch too!!
Old 07-24-2002, 09:50 AM
TKT
Tech Initiate

Just spoke to Steve and Kawahara Centex clutches will be in stock at Speedtech RC on Monday!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.