Wiki Posts
Search

Talk Me Out Of An XRAY T2

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 08:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Ben.C
The T2 is like a un-hopped 415MSX...

Plastic shocks on a Top level car?! Whats up??
I asked this question on the Xray fourm and I got this answer from ChrisP:

The stock composite pieces are light and ultra smooth.

Xray produces alloy bodies for those who simply 'must have' them, even though the larger majority of team drivers prefer the feel and instant feedback of the composite bodies.

Some proponents of the alloy components point out that in certain severe impacts the bodies on the composites can become damaged or break.

In that form of severe impact, you also risk damaging the alloy bodies and/or shock shafts, however it may not be noticed at the time and instead manifest itself as erratic handling that is difficult to identify the source.

To answer your question - 'Why..?'....it's simple...they work exceptionally well.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 AM
Tech Adept

Id say RDX. I used to run a Shui and gone to the RDX is the best thing i ever did. The car runs sooo smooth and feels stable all through the race. The good thing about Corally is they keep improving the car they've got insted of bringing a new car out every 9-10 months . I do like the Xray T2 a chap at our club has one and is very fast...i just would'nt have one
Old 04-17-2006, 10:57 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Filip
I asked this question on the Xray fourm and I got this answer from ChrisP:
Filip, I read ChrisP's answer on the Xray chat and I think: They have a lot of reason why not because Xray cannot produce a high-quality shocks.

if you want excellent shocks you have to go to tamiya... It's sad.

As ChrisP said: "they work exceptionally well" I have to say unfortunatelly only well :-(
Old 04-17-2006, 11:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Do the T2's shocks leak? I don't think the "official" answer regarding the composite shocks is a good one, to be honest:

you also risk damaging the alloy bodies and/or shock shafts, however it may not be noticed at the time
True as that may be, I'd at least be able to finish the race. When a shock body explodes, you're kinda done.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

In over 3 years of running Xray touring cars personally I have NEVER had a shock body break...

If you are worried about the potential of this occurrence, you can add the alloy bodies.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

If you are even having to think twice about getting an xray for a touring car... i think you may be more happy with a vehicle purchased from radio shack, i hear they got ones with squirt guns on thr front now
Old 04-17-2006, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

It takes a lot to break an XRay shock body. I've broken two.

The XRay shocks are VERY nice. I especially like the adjustable pistons.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by ChrisP
In over 3 years of running Xray touring cars personally I have NEVER had a shock body break...

If you are worried about the potential of this occurrence, you can add the alloy bodies.
I've raced an Xray cars from 2001, from the first version of the car to last t2 version - still the same problem: the shocks are bad - leaks and leaks. I use a tamiya shocks.

I know you can use an alloy bodies, but this is an additional money for people - if you want compare with other models.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

No leaks...no bubbles...no breakage...silky smooth shocks here...

I'm not saying you didn't have a problem...all I can speak on is what I've witnessed with my own cars as well as the other Xray cars where I race..
Old 04-17-2006, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dr_hfuhuhurr
The XRay shocks are VERY nice. I especially like the adjustable pistons.
I agree but I'm little bit confused of imbalance of quality. Why? Xray has unequalled differecial - you do not have to rebuild diff 4-5 race day, but shocks you should rebuild every race day.

This is strange for me...

This si my experince
Old 04-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

It all boils down to personal preference. No car is faster than the other. It all depends on setup and what you are comfortable with. Everyone on this Xray kick cracks me up. I had a T2 and it was the biggest pile of crap. That's just my opinion. I love the JRXS while most hate it, again my opinion. I've had other Xray's and the T2 quality is no where near the previous versions while Associated and Losi have actually gotten better. Their quality is no where near that of the original Xray's but right on par with the current fleet of cars and you don't have to buy a new chassis to get rid of tweak (yes I know how to setup a car). Jason, get an RDX, Associated, Losi or TA05. Leave this pile alone! My opinion
Old 04-17-2006, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

xray- higher quality than anything else out there. oh yeah... and the race wins all over the country to back it up...

i cant believe you think that the losi is on par...
Old 04-17-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

to bad u can't win it when it counts
Old 04-17-2006, 03:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

LMAO.. Again, preference. I'm shocked that everyone believes what they read. We've got racers out there buying cars whether it be Xray, Losi, Assoc, RDX thinking they are going to be faster or quite possibly win at the next event. My experience, when something new comes out that you want, you will take whatever you currently own and downplay it or just give up so 9 times outta 10 you will be faster with the new car because A.. it's new, B.. you want it to be faster. That's how the human mind works...
Old 04-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jrighter
It all boils down to personal preference. No car is faster than the other. It all depends on setup and what you are comfortable with. Everyone on this Xray kick cracks me up. I had a T2 and it was the biggest pile of crap. That's just my opinion. I love the JRXS while most hate it, again my opinion. I've had other Xray's and the T2 quality is no where near the previous versions while Associated and Losi have actually gotten better. Their quality is no where near that of the original Xray's but right on par with the current fleet of cars and you don't have to buy a new chassis to get rid of tweak (yes I know how to setup a car). Jason, get an RDX, Associated, Losi or TA05. Leave this pile alone! My opinion
I WAS! the biggest Xray fan until I watched jrighter with his. That car looked like a PRO4 on the track. TA05 baby

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.