Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 02:38 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by B&O
What about the center spool. Who is making the center spool?
Yokomo will release a center locked pulley/spur gear adapter.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default Are most of you using tape???

So is taping my cells in the only way to prevent them from shifting or falling out in a crash? I'd really like to have an alternative to using tape, since I find using tape a hassle.
Old 04-26-2005, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Re: Are most of you using tape???

Originally posted by Geppetto
So is taping my cells in the only way to prevent them from shifting or falling out in a crash? I'd really like to have an alternative to using tape, since I find using tape a hassle.
To be honest yes and no.
Batteries can even come loose even when taped.
But they are less likely if they are taped when in a big accident.
If you buy quality tape, like what Steve @ www.speedtechrc.com sells. You only need to replace the tape about every three to four runs. For my club races that is a whole race day. So really it isn't that big a problem. I have found that even the best battery straps can still let cells fly. But with the Yokomo battery cell trays they are alot less likely to come loose. It really is up to you. Try some thicker foam tape on the strap. Try the Tobee adjustable battery tray mounts...There are a many things you can do to accomplish what you are asking.
Just my $0.02
Stephen <><
Old 04-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Master

I'll try your suggestions. When I raced my SD Black, I never had that happen. And in the CGM it was not even a consideration.

I've noticed that the strap on my BD does not lay flat on the cells. It actually "bows" in the middle. Maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe my cells are not flat and need to be rebuilt???
Old 04-26-2005, 04:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Geppetto,

Depending on how brave you are you could re drill the chassis to accept the SD batt bar. This has a better clamping system than a flat carbon plate.

Also i don't have my car to hand, but Tobee had some cell stoppers for the SD that attached along the side of the chassis, if there is room (and again brave enough to drill the chassis) you could use these (part No TC42450 at SpeedTech)

HIH
Chris
Old 04-26-2005, 05:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just seen this listed as new at R10...

3503435005917,YOKOMO,1520YEN,BD-501SAS MR-4TC BD SOLID AXLE SET

Think it could be the part that Matt showed earlier??

Edit: Just checked Matt's post and the part number is the same
Old 04-26-2005, 06:07 AM
Tech Elite

I'll try your suggestions. When I raced my SD Black, I never had that happen. And in the CGM it was not even a consideration.

I've noticed that the strap on my BD does not lay flat on the cells. It actually "bows" in the middle. Maybe that's part of the problem. Maybe my cells are not flat and need to be rebuilt???
i'm running the sdw, and the really cool looking battery strap on that "bows in the middle, i took a battery bar from sd or cgm, turned it up side down, and glued on a strip of tamiya tire insert foam, plenty of holding power now. the foam i'm talking about in the kind you have to glue or tape the ends together.
Old 04-26-2005, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Turtlemaster
i'm running the sdw, and the really cool looking battery strap on that "bows in the middle, i took a battery bar from sd or cgm, turned it up side down, and glued on a strip of tamiya tire insert foam, plenty of holding power now. the foam i'm talking about in the kind you have to glue or tape the ends together.
Chrissy C: I'll look at using the SD battery hold down. I'm ok with drilling a hole.

Turtlemaster. Although, I haven't tried it yet, I have considered using the SD battery hold down. I hadn't thought to use it up-side-down, though.

The SD battery hold down just doesn't look as pretty as the BD carbon fiber plate.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Champion

having this made:
if you're interested contact Chris at [email protected]
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-cas92jy9.jpg  
Old 04-26-2005, 08:38 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Default Re: Are most of you using tape???

I have been taping my batteries in from the start with the car, but I just set up the battery strap yesterday, going to try it today and see if it works as well. I still think tape will always be the safest way as long as you round the edges of the tape mounting holes. I usually just cut the strapping tape in half so it's thin and still have yet to eject a battery.

I've used the Xenon tape they sell at Speedtech, cut in half, for 9 runs, it works really well.
Old 04-26-2005, 08:42 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally posted by rc-zombies
having this made:
Ramon is comin up with the trick stuff now

I still really like the way the SDW brace looks, I just slid it down the body posts, and because of the snug fit on them I didnt feel the need to secure it any more than that.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Are most of you using tape???

Originally posted by Randy Caster
I have been taping my batteries in from the start with the car, but I just set up the battery strap yesterday, going to try it today and see if it works as well. I still think tape will always be the safest way as long as you round the edges of the tape mounting holes. I usually just cut the strapping tape in half so it's thin and still have yet to eject a battery.

I've used the Xenon tape they sell at Speedtech, cut in half, for 9 runs, it works really well.
If I can't make fix the problem using the supplied hold down, or the SD hold down, I'll order some tape from SpeedTechR/C.
Old 04-26-2005, 09:52 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Man "G", get some straping tape from the hardware store. See you this weekend at the track. Waiting to see this BD run. Get a front diff from Steve at Speedtech rather than some tape.

Stock "A" main winner Geppetto!!!

Last edited by Isaac; 04-26-2005 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Tech Champion

If anyone is looking for Tobee blue aluminum CV bones...
pm me... got 4 extra packs.(2per pack)
Old 04-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by rc-zombies
having this made:
oooooh sumones using inventor i see lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.