Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2004, 10:31 AM
Tech Addict

Is your car rolling on entry or mid corner?

Traction rolling is usually caused by a too soft suspension or a too reactive car.

I'd try going up a few selections in springs and trying 40-50 wt oil and closing a hole or two. I run red (38 lbs) front and the 28 lb rear. I'm not sure exactly, but every hole closed seams to add about 5wt to the oil. Closing all the holes will get you to 40-50 wt. equivelant, this might not be enough. There is something called "pack" that we won't go into now.

If your car is too reactive, it will make it harder for you to drive smoothly which may cause the car to roll. The thicker damping will slow the car's reactions down a bit and make it easier to drive smoothly. Most pros have above average reactions and can handle a reactive car - not many of us mere mortals can!

The stiffer springs will prevent the car from tipping over too much and shifting mass.

Are you sure you are at 4mm ride height? Do you get track gunk on the outer edges of the car's chassis or the body?

Reduceing your dual rate on the transmitter may also help. Most guys (that I've asked) at my track seem to run from 80-90% DR with the end points at max throw. Makes it harder to jerk the car.

Most also sauce full rear and inside front to full front.
Old 02-09-2004, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i was thinking the answer was to stiffent he suspension, but I thought that purple was pretty stiff.

I do have the DR down to 80%

I was running 3.5mm on ride hight, but was getting traction compound on the fronr of the chassis right behind the wheels, so I went to 4mm.

I will try to go stiffer and see what that does

thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Regular

I think my radio settings are a little off. Last night my car was spinning out in right turns, I also mega chunked the outside (Left Rear) tire, so I think that may have also contributed to it. The car isn't tweaked, and all the shocks are equal length, I checked both after each round. I was running 100% D/R, and about 70% EPA on both sides. Should I invert those settings, with a 70& D/R, and 100% EPA's? What should I do? I run the Hitec 925, with an M8. Thanks.
Old 02-09-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

End points should be set just short of binding the dogbones/uprights/universals.

I use dual rate to adjust how reactive my car is. If the bite is high, I'll turn down DR 5% or so. If bit is low, up 5% or so. I start with about 89%.

Chunking will make your car spin, but so will too hard a rear end, too little rear toe, too much front tow out, too soft a front end, roll centers that are off, etc.
Old 02-09-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Regular

What are you guys running for front toe? I was at about 0.5-1* toe out.
Old 02-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

t1m is available
Old 02-09-2004, 03:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default EVO 2 FS

Hey guys
I just wanted to let you know I am selling my EVO over in the swap and sell. It's got tons of spares and upgrades take a look. Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 06:41 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

My short arms got back ordered from Serpent. Anyone know of a place that has them in stock that I can order from?
Thanks
Old 02-09-2004, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by dway100
My short arms got back ordered from Serpent. Anyone know of a place that has them in stock that I can order from?
Thanks
Dude, make certain your order is cancelled. Serpent is a mess and will ship out cancelled orders even after verification that your order was voided. I have two disputed charges for serpent orders I didn't want.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default EVO 2 fs pics!

Hey guys I thought I would post some pics over here, this is the car with the "carpet" chassis I have for sale over in the swap and sell . Let me know if anyone is interested. [email protected] Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-chassis.jpg  
Old 02-10-2004, 06:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default New Xray

The new Team Edition EVO2 will be released next month. This is according to Mario Hudy. Obtained this info at the Snowbirds. It will be the EVO2 with the new bulkheads, short arms, new rear shock tower and new chassis and top deck. More suited to carpet. As Ralph Burch proved this weekend by winning Pro Mod.

Later,

Hopefully futureal got some good pics,
Old 02-10-2004, 07:54 AM
Tech Addict

There timing is perfect - only 4 races left in the carpet season here in Iowa

Need to start thinking about a parking lot setup.

Oh well, next fall there should be plenty of parts available.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:56 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Rob Hochberg
What are you guys running for front toe? I was at about 0.5-1* toe out.
I run 1* out - depends on how twitchy I want it and what the carpet feels like.
Old 02-10-2004, 09:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by AWOLsoldier
Dude, make certain your order is cancelled. Serpent is a mess and will ship out cancelled orders even after verification that your order was voided. I have two disputed charges for serpent orders I didn't want.
Agreed. Their shipping dept is a mess. Twice now I've had orders shipped with items missing... not backorder, but missing. The shipping list in the package even said the items were included, but several items listed as shipped were not in the box. Twice I've had to call and argue with them that parts were not in the box. I've also been waiting for backordered parts for nearly 5 months now.

In their defense, I'm sure they though I was trying to rip them off, but hey...the parts weren't in the box! Also in their defense, they finally gave in and shipped me the parts, but not before arguing on the phone for a half an hour.

Props to serpent for shipping me parts for free and all, but the hastle and the constant backordering of parts is just not worth it. I'll be getting my stuff from stormer or other online stores from now on. I'd recommend others do the same.
Old 02-10-2004, 10:01 AM
Regional Moderator

Serpent may not even have a record of your back orders. I had several things on backorder, and they just vanished. They told me they had a computer problem and deleted all back orders, this was a couple of months ago. Since then I have not ordered anything from Serpent and don't plan to.

If you need something, order from Ashfords or Stormer. They give good customer support.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.